What car do you drive ?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What car do you drive ?

Post by Zero260 »

Damn that MR2 looks way clean. Nice find dude. The MX5 looks great as always, too. :)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Ive just put a deposit down on a new car. I think Bogan will like this. 1990, N/A, 69k miles...not a scratch on it anywhere. :wink:
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5073/46ns4.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1792/45sy0.jpg

I cant wait to drive it home. :D
Nice dude! Shame about the T-top, but damn it looks immaculate =P~ Excellent colour too.

Is it going to be your dd or another build?
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Shes a DD for sure, far too clean to start a build. I was really tempted to drop her onto my Sportmax wheels, and put Rotas back on the '5, but I think Ive snapped out of that now. :mrgreen:

Besides, she might not be staying long. My best friend has wanted an AW11 for about a year now, and this is the cleanest one Ive ever seen. We've offered him it for the price we paid. If he doesnt take it, we'll most likely keep it, or sell it on for a tidy profit. :P
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

He would be mad not to take it. Well, I don't know how much it was, but an example like that is worth every cent :)
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:Ive just put a deposit down on a new car. I think Bogan will like this. 1990, N/A, 69k miles...not a scratch on it anywhere. :wink:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5073/46ns4.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1792/45sy0.jpg

I cant wait to drive it home. :D
One word: NICE. Dude, that is one of the nicest MR2s of that generation I've seen. Mint condition, practically. Color is cool too. Also, if you can / if it's possible / if you can find replacement parts, get a removable full hardtop for it. T-tops don't look too good on Japanese cars. Other than that, it looks great :D
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

RedCarDriver wrote:Also, if you can / if it's possible / if you can find replacement parts, get a removable full hardtop for it. T-tops don't look too good on Japanese cars.
Not possible. If you want a hardtop then you have to buy it like that. That's one of the reasons why it took me ages to find my MR2, because I wouldn't settle for an open roof. Sunroof maybe, but then I might not be able to fit.

I don't think the T-top looks bad, it's just the extra weight, loss of rigidity and leakiness that kills it for me.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

boganbusman wrote:
RedCarDriver wrote:Also, if you can / if it's possible / if you can find replacement parts, get a removable full hardtop for it. T-tops don't look too good on Japanese cars.
Not possible. If you want a hardtop then you have to buy it like that. That's one of the reasons why it took me ages to find my MR2, because I wouldn't settle for an open roof. Sunroof maybe, but then I might not be able to fit.

I don't think the T-top looks bad, it's just the extra weight, loss of rigidity and leakiness that kills it for me.
That's weird, I always thought you could detach the roof somehow and put a new one on (the Elise probably allows you to do this; and this car looks like it could as well, but I guess not, then). Ah well, I don't know too much about little technical things like that. If it does bother people, couldn't you fit something into the holes to make it look more like a whole roof? Sorta like how the "roof windows" fit into the T-top, you could just get some metal pieces to fit in. Or, if all else fails, leave it how it is and just see if you can secure the "roof windows" in more tightly, and, if necessary, more permanently. Ah well, it's basically a minor thing anyway.
gtomadness
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gtomadness »

mah parents have been driving a 2004 Mercedes-Benz s500, my pride and joy, and the 2 Acura MDX's, one from 2005, and one from 2007
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

RedCarDriver wrote:. . . couldn't you fit something into the holes to make it look more like a whole roof? Sorta like how the "roof windows" fit into the T-top, you could just get some metal pieces to fit in.
Well I don't really see the point in replacing the T-top windows with metal panels :| I guess you could put metal in there and weld it all up, but that's a lot of effort and you probably wouldn't gain much body strength out of it. But then at least it wouldn't leak.

But yeah, you can't replace the whole roof, like what Grez did with the MX-5. That only works for convertibles (like the MkIII MR2 as well).
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

I think he means a roof akin to the MKIV Supra and CRX Del Sol? In that case, you probably could, but its not worth it. Some T-bar systems allow you to remove the centre bar (such as the Rover coupe Tomcats), but for the sake of it on an AW11, Id rather just put up with the bar. Im actually not a big fan of the tin-tops, even though I recognise all the advantages, I just prefer the open-feel of driving a T-bar.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:I think he means a roof akin to the MKIV Supra and CRX Del Sol? In that case, you probably could, but its not worth it. Some T-bar systems allow you to remove the centre bar (such as the Rover coupe Tomcats), but for the sake of it on an AW11, Id rather just put up with the bar. Im actually not a big fan of the tin-tops, even though I recognise all the advantages, I just prefer the open-feel of driving a T-bar.
Ah, in that case, keep it :P

Personally, I'm a big fan of things that are made to be one thing or another, and not a compromise between them. For example, I don't like hybrids (gasoline car or electric car: pick one); I don't like "media center" PCs (terrible or no GFX card, lame processor, and some other junk you don't need... not to mention bloatware, as in the case of HP PCs); etc.

If I were you I would want to get a roof like I was describing (you were right, like that) because I'd want to be able to choose between a full roof and no roof. That's why Koenigseggs are so cool :P T-tops don't allow you a full removed top OR a full roof. lol. But, it's your car, and it's cool then. I guess it's a matter of personal preference. Either way, it's a nice car.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

He already has a full convertible so I doub't he thinking much about driving with or without top
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

i'm only 13, but i'm 80% sure that my parents are going to leave me a lancer ES (2006) as my first car.
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Not a bad first car.
I was probably going to get a 1994 verada but dad crashed it. So now I'm borrowing their 380sx or 2002 Magna Advance... So I can enjoy decent/good cars until I'm ready to buy... 4 Seat performance car... RWD... Nice looking and sort of practical.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

baumaxx1 wrote:Not a bad first car.
I was probably going to get a 1994 verada but dad crashed it. So now I'm borrowing their 380sx or 2002 Magna Advance... So I can enjoy decent/good cars until I'm ready to buy... 4 Seat performance car... RWD... Nice looking and sort of practical.
Wait . . . what? :-s
380s and Magnas are not RWD . . . or performance cars.

Edit: ah, I think you were talking about the car you want to buy, my bad
Last edited by boganbusman on 18 Feb 2008, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

TheStig wrote:He already has a full convertible so I doub't he thinking much about driving with or without top
True 'dat ^ :wink:

Theres a few more pics of the '5 etchere (although none of the MR2), and heres a couple of both cars:

TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The AW11 looks really clean.
very nice buy.
the mx5 also still looks great
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:
TheStig wrote:He already has a full convertible so I doub't he thinking much about driving with or without top
Yeah, I can't believe I overlooked that. :oops: But I was sorta talking in hypothetical "if I had that car or a similar car" terms.

BTW, those pics look nice, especially the ones at night.
RSZETEC
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RSZETEC »

looooong time since i posted on here but heres my current car :D
how i got it
after i had me accident
and how it looks now

and now i have a good paying job i have money for a project car
a couple pf sneak peeks
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Whoa, very nice MR2 you got yourself there Grez, looks completely new… and nice photography to go with it.
RSZETEC wrote:after i had me accident
Ahh, speaking of accidents, I just had my very first one about an hour ago… and I’m delighted to say, it wasn’t my fault! I was simply driving through some green lights at an intersection, and some bloke in a Corolla was turning right at the lights in the opposite direction. Because he only had a green light to go forward, and not an actual arrow to confirm that it was safe to turn… he had to give way to traffic coming in the direction (me). But I guess he wasn’t thinking… so he drove straight through, directly in front of me. That left me nowhere to go (traffic light pole, if I swerved right)… so I ended up T-boning the rear of his car. If I broke any later, it would have been his passenger who would have copped the impact. :o

The entire left hand side of his rear bumper was pretty much destroyed, but amazingly my car only ended up with a heap of crumpled paint and damage to the left indicator. Lol, yeah, I’m pretty glad I hit a new spongy car, rather then another 80’s tank. 8) Anyway... I guess a respray is coming near?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Damn bro . . . your car is a bit of an accident magent :o That bloke better be paying for the re-spray.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Hahah, yeah... you're right there. And I'm very sure he will be paying for the damage. He seemed like the right person to run into though... very nice, calm old guy, and he even had a famous name :)
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

@ Jacoja ; What car do you drive :B, just wondering :P
Explicit signature removed.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

ImJ wrote:@ Jacoja ; What car do you drive :B, just wondering :P
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5849/dscn0455ln7.jpg

...Only now it has less paint :o
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ jacoja: Very clean looking car, the rims look fantastic on it! :)

Return to “The Cars”