Fast and Furious

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

What is your favorite fast and furious movie?

Fast and Furious
32%
2 Fast 2 Furious
12%
Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift
56%

Total votes: 34

Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Fast and Furious

Post by Carcrazy »

viper16 wrote:
Carcrazy wrote:my quote
your wrong FnF4 is set between 2F2F and Tokyo Drift. Lil Wayne is in negotiation about getting in on the movie
...and I like it again! :P
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

since the R35 A) looks like utter shiz
A. Have you actually seen one in real life? They are so much sleeker than in pictures... It's not a photogenic car... you really need to see it in the flesh, because it had a really tough stance.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Yes, I have seen one up close, it's called a FREAKIN INFINITY G35!!!

Okay, the GT-R I love, but I can't give the skylines anything. The only reason they get ANY respect from me, is the name.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

There is a big diffirence between a Nissan GTR and a Infinity G35, dumdum.

The Infinity is a rebadged V35 skyline, The R35 GTR (wich still doesn't wear the name Skyline) is nothing like the V35.

Sure you can dislike the styling, opinions differ but don't say it's a Infinity G35, and thus you seen it in real life.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Carcrazy wrote:Yes, I have seen one up close, it's called a FREAKIN INFINITY G35!!!

Okay, the GT-R I love, but I can't give the skylines anything. The only reason they get ANY respect from me, is the name.
Before you go and make me seem like an absolute idiot, first check the facts, and you'll realize that the R35GTR is not linked with regular skylines at all.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Actually, if you're getting at the fact that the GT-R is supposed to be the Skyline, while it technically is spec wise, it's not. Like it or not, it's not in the Skyline family, while the G35 is in the Skyline family.

To me, they're nothing more than the common G35.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Carcrazy wrote:Actually, if you're getting at the fact that the GT-R is supposed to be the Skyline, while it technically is spec wise, it's not. Like it or not, it's not in the Skyline family, while the G35 is in the Skyline family.

Meh, I'd semi-disagree there. I still say neither the G35 NOR the R35 are true Skylines. The R35 may well be the V35 GT-R (even though I know it's not even close); it's based off of a platform that seems to more closely resemble the V35 platform with the ATTESA-ETS AWD system added, and the engine is a V6 rather than an I6 and thus more closely resembles the VQ (although, yes, I know that the R35 engine is not even close to either the RB-series OR the VQ-series). Heck, the body resembles the G35's more closely, too - even with the round tail lights (which were probably added just so it would be more "recognizable" as what Nissan wanted it to be).
My previous statement that the G35 and new GT-R would be great cars on their own, but have been branded as a new version of a car that they are clearly not and thus lose some value through that, still stands.

My personal verdict:
R32-R34 > R35 > V35
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Carcrazy wrote:Actually, if you're getting at the fact that the GT-R is supposed to be the Skyline, while it technically is spec wise, it's not. Like it or not, it's not in the Skyline family, while the G35 is in the Skyline family.

You do realise that a) an R35 does not look like a G35, here is a G35:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1299 ... Coupe.html

Here is the R35:

Oh, and the engine suggests that while it is a V6 used it is more closely related to the 350Z, but it's a COMPLETELY NEW ENGINE!!! I don't see G35 engines having to be replaced every year because they have plasma-lined cylinders, do you?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Now that didn't make sense... I was saying it isn't the V35. The R35 was engineered to be a supercar from the start... not just an altered skyline. It is likely to share a few things in common with other nissans, that's normal in companies. But it's not a common G35... when was the last time you saw a G35 giving Zondas a run for their money?

About the V6,it's a larger engine than the RB26DETT, so they may have gone for the V6 configuration so they can mount it towards the middle of the chassis as much as possible.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:

You do realise that a) an R35 does not look like a G35, here is a G35:
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1299 ... Coupe.html

Here is the R35:
You know what i meant... The 350GT then, because they are the same. And you do also realize that an R35 (GT-R) isn't even a skyline, right? Just shut up while your ahead and stop preaching to me dude, you're gonna lose. :wink:
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yes I do realise that the R35 GTR isn't a Skyline, all the more reason as to why it isn't related to the Skylne Coupe/Infiniti G-series. Nor do they look the same. And how am I going to lose anyways? you're going around in circles.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I'm beginning to regret any perpetuation of this argument, as well as any participation in it. Sorry, but can we get back on topic, please? :?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I think you seem to be a little confused Carcrazy...
since the R35 A) looks like utter shiz
A. Have you actually seen one in real life? They are so much sleeker than in pictures... It's not a photogenic car... you really need to see it in the flesh, because it had a really tough stance.
Yes, I have seen one up close, it's called a FREAKIN INFINITY G35!!!
the R35GTR is not linked with regular skylines at all.
Actually, if you're getting at the fact that the GT-R is supposed to be the Skyline, while it technically is spec wise, it's not. Like it or not, it's not in the Skyline family, while the G35 is in the Skyline family.
+
And you do also realize that an R35 (GT-R) isn't even a skyline, right?
Yeah, contradicted yourself a bit... nvm... numbers and letters for cars gets confusing, especially when they're all so similar.
So... G35=V35 skyline, but not R35 GTR.
We'll leave it at that.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

He's not just contradicting himself abit! MASSIVELY!

But let's keep it like Baumaxx said, for some it's just very hard to accept they lost a discussion :wink:
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

we got a name now Fuego Del Barrio (Fire from the Hood)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_and_the_furious_4
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

boganbusman wrote:Fast and Furriest is my fav.
I agree.

Return to “General Discussion”