Need For Speed Undercover

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Need For Speed Undercover

Post by prince1142003 »

ahmad0410 wrote:The ferrari F60 screenie is photoshopped from the Zonda screenshot.

[image]

[image]

Its the normal faking trick, inverting the background horizontally.
Now I know for sure this picture's a fake. Good job in catching that, ahmad.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

nice one finding it out.

I have to admit, the PS work is pretty damn good.
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

I was hoping it is true :cry: ...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TheStig wrote:nice one finding it out.

I have to admit, the PS work is pretty damn good.
Looks like IGN has just lost one point for credibility. Hrmph! I really wanted that Enzo in the game. At least that'd cheer up my day. :P
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It wouldn't make my day. What's the use in having an Enzo if it doesn't feel like you're driving one?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hmm, true, true. Thanks for pointing that out.. =D>
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

prince1142003 wrote:It wouldn't make my day. What's the use in having an Enzo if it doesn't feel like you're driving one?
Welp I might as well stop buying racing games. Sitting in front of a television on my couch never feels like I'm really driving the car I'm using in-game. :P
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

mean2u wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:It wouldn't make my day. What's the use in having an Enzo if it doesn't feel like you're driving one?
Welp I might as well stop buying racing games. Sitting in front of a television on my couch never feels like I'm really driving the car I'm using in-game. :P
Lol, too true. I simply meant that I would not like having an Enzo in a game where the handling is crap.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

prince1142003 wrote:
mean2u wrote:
Lol, too true. I simply meant that I would not like having an Enzo in a game where the handling is crap.
how do you know the handling is crap? just because youve seen a vid? don't say anything yet, you don't know how bad the handling is unless youve felt it yourself.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I wasn't talking about any particular game, just in general.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

supervolvo240 wrote:
2furio wrote:New car revealed:

Shelby GT 500KR
http://nfs-planet.de/nfsuc_shelbygt500kr.php?lang=eng
$81,500, RWD, 425HP, 420 lbs/tq, Top Speed: 155mph
[/quote

I think NFS Planet is wrong. It's not the KR, just the regular GT 500)
It's actually a SuperSnake, which makes no sense because there is no such thing as buying one straight from the factory or a dealership. You'd have to send in your mustang to get it suited to the specs.
Matthew
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Matthew »

Nah,

It's definitely the GT500KR Donald. If you pause the high-quality version of the video at the eighteen second mark, you can see the badge that adorns the right front wing is that of the King of the Road rather than the Super Snake, as the labelling is much clearer. Image

Matt
The King of Kings!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well, as far as I've tried, the McLaren handles no differently than of the Audi R8. How disappointing. :roll:
gagtooth
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gagtooth »

Andre_online wrote:
Well, as far as I've tried, the McLaren handles no differently than of the Audi R8. How disappointing. :roll:
I've always wanted a R8 that handles like a Mclaren :wink:

Why don't they let someone who knows about physics to run the physics department, and why don't they actually listen to what the core user wants and not do what they think everyone wants. I mean we have users here who want another HP2 and some (me included) want Porsche Unleashed. Obviously I don't want a game with just Porsche in it. They have enough money to get some real racer's to come in and give them feedback on the physics. I guess it will never happen as EA are all about the money, they don't care about the core group of players that keep buying there games hoping for something better than the last one. I think with this game (Undercover) there trying to cover up there crappy game with all this movie style cinematics. It's a game for crying out loud not a movie, if I want a movie I will go to the cinema. I don't want a game that is basically a movie with a bit of user driving in it.

Anyways I offer my congratulations to the people on this forum for reading my crappy post =D>

Kelvjy
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

Matthew wrote:Nah,

It's definitely the GT500KR Donald. If you pause the high-quality version of the video at the eighteen second mark, you can see the badge that adorns the right front wing is that of the King of the Road rather than the Super Snake, as the labelling is much clearer. Image

Matt
I agree. The carlot has now been updated and it says that it is the KR, however the numbers still do not match. Price is untrustworthy for most cars.
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I don't care much if cars don't realistic. If I want realism I play Forza2.
If I want to cruise around town in fast cars and smash everything and be chased by cops then I play NFS.
And if the driving physics make me look cool while doing it, I'm fine with that.
Sure I would like cars to feel different, but not in a way that makes it sim like realistic.
Cause it still has to be fun and fairly easy to drive.
In all honesty the physics of NFS PU are not at all suitable for a pursuit game. the handling with a keyboard is just to hard and as soon as you hit the grass you spin.
PU style physics where more sim orientated then arcade, the handling of a good/fun arcade racer should be so that every user can use it (keyboard, controler, wheel)
Sure realistic sounds nice, but trust me as soon as the 5.0 is on your tail, the fun is soon gone when every time you hit the grass or any other place where you loose traction, you spin out and get busted.

NFS PU was a nice game, but realism like that should be in a closed circuit racing game aka sim.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

TheStig wrote:I don't care much if cars don't realistic. If I want realism I play Forza2.
If I want to cruise around town in fast cars and smash everything and be chased by cops then I play NFS.
And if the driving physics make me look cool while doing it, I'm fine with that.
Sure I would like cars to feel different, but not in a way that makes it sim like realistic.
Cause it still has to be fun and fairly easy to drive.
In all honesty the physics of NFS PU are not at all suitable for a pursuit game. the handling with a keyboard is just to hard and as soon as you hit the grass you spin.
PU style physics where more sim orientated then arcade, the handling of a good/fun arcade racer should be so that every user can use it (keyboard, controler, wheel)
Sure realistic sounds nice, but trust me as soon as the 5.0 is on your tail, the fun is soon gone when every time you hit the grass or any other place where you loose traction, you spin out and get busted.

NFS PU was a nice game, but realism like that should be in a closed circuit racing game aka sim.

Bravo Bravo

And on the topic of realistic physics and PU, I guess I tend to forget how ANGRY I got at the game because of how dawgon hard it was to race on some tracks with certain cars because of it being so real... lots of wrecked cars back then.. #-o :lol:

So I agree, Forza = Sim, NFS = arcarde
korge
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

it really doesn't matter how real a game is as long as the game is fun and occpies our time
Instagram @SupraHKS
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Zotic+ wrote:it really doesn't matter how real a game is as long as the game is fun and occpies our time
That's one reason why I'd prefer it if the cars in Undercover actually behaved differently. It adds replay value. It's kindof boring to play through a game a second time and have almost the same exact experience because every car handles the same.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

prince1142003 wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:it really doesn't matter how real a game is as long as the game is fun and occpies our time
That's one reason why I'd prefer it if the cars in Undercover actually behaved differently. It adds replay value. It's kindof boring to play through a game a second time and have almost the same exact experience because every car handles the same.
yeah i know what u mean. i playing most wanted again and im pretty muchdriving the same cars i did on my last 2 files. the problem is there r not 2 many cars. What nfs need is about twice as much cars as most wanted
Instagram @SupraHKS
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

I think individual driveability for each and every car on the list for each and every modification combination would be rather difficult. I'm fine with similarly performing cars handling the same way. I think there has always been a noticible difference where its obvious that it should be different throughout the games too. for example muscles and tuners handle way differently. I didn't really find a huge similarity in terms of the handling in pro street either. but thats just me.

I think one downside to going back to the regular need for speed style is that it won't be as entertaining a second time. I mean as much as the campaign on prostreet sucked, at least you could always go back and do the races again even after you beat it. but I've found with the story versions of NFS you can't do that. sometimes you wanna go back through and do a mission that was fun but can't really coz you already moved on to the next stage. but undercover will prolly have a better out-of-campaign single player mode huh?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

New car:

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8
$81,500, RWD, 425HP, 420 lbs/tq, Top Speed: 155mph

(mixed the stats with the Mustang)

Here are the actual stats of the '08 Shelby GT500KR:
$169,500, Supercharged, RWD, 500HP, 475 lbs/tq, Top Speed: 150mph

Who in their right mind would pay $170,000 for a freaking Ford? I mean, there are sooo many other BETTER cars you can buy for that kind of money.
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

For the Ford GT I would, but not the KR.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Stingray24 wrote:For the Ford GT I would, but not the KR.
Ewww, not even for that. I'd have a BMW M6 or an Audi R8 for that price, thank you. :)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

No kidding. Even if you take out the fact that it's a Ford, the Ford GT shouldn't cost more than $130,000; and in real life, it doesn't (usually).

And if you want to talk about prices, what's up with the Bugatti Veyron being $375,000 (which is actually $1.5 mil+ in real life) yet the Pagani Zonda F costs almost twice as much at $741,000 when it costs ~$650,000 - $1,000,000 in real life? That's fine if EA wants to lower actual prices so they are more attainable in-game, but at least keep them relative to each other.

Return to “Undercover”