Re: Talk about NFS - SHIFT

Post by peterfaj »

SHIFT will be different...I hope.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I was leaning more towards the fact that customization was what may have led to Ferrari pulling away from the NFS series. I mean, could you imagine a riced Ferrari with a wide body kit?

And I agree, there's probably something in the history of the relationship between the two corporations that's to blame for no Ferraris. But I have to wonder, Slightly Mad had the license to Ferraris... Was that license specific enough that we won't get any in a NFS game produced by Slightly Mad?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

prince1142003 wrote:I was leaning more towards the fact that customization was what may have led to Ferrari pulling away from the NFS series. I mean, could you imagine a riced Ferrari with a wide body kit?
I've seen Lamborghini's and Bentley's with body kits, but never a Ferrari nor a Maserati. I doubt it'd look good anyways; somehow Lamborghini manages to pull it off for some reason, and they look good with the kits too. :)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Forza Motorsport 2 features Ferraris which CAN be customized performance-wise, visually (vinyls/decals) and a few even feature rims, spoilers and racing bodykits. So I think korge's inference may be the best one that has been thrown out here.

Also, Ferrari often associates themselves very closely with respectable companies (Ex. Puma for clothing/shoes, Shell for gas, Pirelli for tires) that have been doing well for themselves (and often form long-term relationships with Ferrari). And due to NFS's image, I don't think that's EA would fit that criteria.
Speedismyneed08
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Speedismyneed08 »

It kinda sounds like your saying Ferrari is too good to be in a NFS game. But I understand where you are coming from. Ea sorta had their chance with Ferrari but lost it when it came to the recent image of Need For Speed being illegal street racing.
I wonder does it have to do with the lackluster performance of the recent NFS's? Maybe Ferrari didn't want their image to be lackluster...it sounds possible. But, I'm sure there is some reason. (It just kinda crossed my mind when I read your post)
:idea:
All speed limits are 100mph and up...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

That was the point I was trying to send across as well, and PorscheAG gave a solid example of it.

We all know that the NFS titles have become second rate lately.

I am sure that license holders do not want to see "Italian industry at its finest" selling its icon to one of the most raped franchises in video game history (not including sports titles). Look at it from their perspective. In the business of cars and selling them on name and qaulity alone, image is everything. Including who you associate with.
korge
Speedismyneed08
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Speedismyneed08 »

I agree with everything you and PorscheAG said. Just imagine if Lamborghini or Porsche pulled out like Ferrari did for their image...what would happen to NFS? I know the games now are not all about exotics but its just a funny thought. :lol:
All speed limits are 100mph and up...
scotth123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by scotth123 »

A small point but IMO the tuning should be like a mix between undercover and NFSU2, because i like the autosculpt and the vinyl and paint system on undercover but i think ther should be more parts available for tuning to make your rides more unique, like different headlights and tail-lights, also wing mirrors maybe, obviously there is no need for neon and speaker systems or hydraulics, and should bring back some of the NFSU2 bodykits but as full kits like the undercover ones if you get me so you can autosculpt them because i think ther should be more choice because most people now jus choose the wide-bodykit because it looks the best on most cars, more choice of hoods too and please bring back O.Z rims because they are the best. Also I think you should be able to change interior too like on pro street but in more depth like adding racing dials to the window column and customising the dash-board as well as adding racing seats and roll-cages.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:SHIFT will also be out for PC, Kammy.
My Windows XP = Sux0rz

That said, I hope my mom will surprise me with a gaming PC for my birthday.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

scotth123 wrote:A small point but IMO the tuning should be like a mix between undercover and NFSU2, because i like the autosculpt and the vinyl and paint system on undercover but i think ther should be more parts available for tuning to make your rides more unique, like different headlights and tail-lights, also wing mirrors maybe, obviously there is no need for neon and speaker systems or hydraulics, and should bring back some of the NFSU2 bodykits but as full kits like the undercover ones if you get me so you can autosculpt them because i think ther should be more choice because most people now jus choose the wide-bodykit because it looks the best on most cars, more choice of hoods too and please bring back O.Z rims because they are the best. Also I think you should be able to change interior too like on pro street but in more depth like adding racing dials to the window column and customising the dash-board as well as adding racing seats and roll-cages.
now that's a great opinion, but that would take another 2 games before they can put it all in one game.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Oh god. check this video out and look at 3:05. this is basically ProStreet 2....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDLyKYn3Kg
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

donaldgladden wrote:Oh god. check this video out and look at 3:05. this is basically ProStreet 2....

That's been known since the GR 911 Turbo picture.
Rio Grande
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rio Grande »

Speedismyneed08 wrote:I was looking around on the net and I saw this pic for a Ferrari 430 being in NFS Shift.
http://www.nfs-mania.com/images/news/nf ... i_fish.jpg
This might just get interesting!!! :lol:
This pic is found at Nfsmania.com
Sorry for the April Fools' Day :mrgreen: As you find out it's a Ferrari Project image.(there was a tip in the name : 'ferrari_fish', but that doesn't exist 'April fish' in English it's a French expression #-o )

I always think that the absence of Ferrari's was the result of customisations. But as Porsche-AG said, you can custom a Ferrari in Forza ? So there is no more good reason to have no Ferrari in Need for Speed.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I like Ferraris.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Ferrari have never liked EA Games too much :lol: and they are very careful about how games treat their rides. For example, remember how you couldnt play Pursuit Mode with Ferraris on NFS3:HP, cause they didnt want Ferrari to be associated with illegal racing. Then some player hacked it and voilà but thats another story :lol:

donaldgladden wrote:Oh god. check this video out and look at 3:05. this is basically ProStreet 2....

Meh, who cares about 2 vinyls? No way this implies Shift is ProStreet2 :roll:

I just hope phisics are realistic, and the damage models aswell. I mean, no moronic damage like NFS6:HP2 (20+ harsh crashes and you get 1% front bumper distortion).

Cockpit view looks awesome. That is a great bonus. What was Prostreet highlighted feature............ the high-res smoke? lulz :lol:
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

There was damage in NFS6?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Yep, there was..
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I didn't notice. I was playing it on low, could that be a problem? What, I've had a 1GHz Intel chip and a nVidia riva tnt2. Don't know more.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

You probably didnt crash the car enough times... and still some models lacked of damage if im not wrong.

So either make proper damage or just dont make it, EA 8)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
An Exotic Classic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by An Exotic Classic »

they refused to give information about the car list when asked if F1 cars will be in the game....suspicious ;)
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I wouldn't say it's something to worry about. We will found out soon enough. (September 17th)

But I'm sure there won't be any F1 cars in SHIFT... only normal race cars.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

SP4RCO wrote: Meh, who cares about 2 vinyls? No way this implies Shift is ProStreet2 :roll:
you must have completely missed the banner, or completely missed the significance of the banner. It's a obvious sequel to ProStreet.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

That's what the fandom has been reduced to... Two vinyls and suddenly its another sequel.
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

Forgive me guys, but I think I am gona pass on this title. Me being the person used to Open World, Cops, Highway Chase and Break all the laws in the book when it comes driving is gona in Shift. Now this is just my opinion, I think NFS: SHIFT might do a lot worse then NFS: Carbon and ProStreet. Undercover is OK, but not great.

I keep bring up this point, I think NFS lost it touch with the TRUE FANS of NFS after NFS: Most Wanted. To this day I still ENJOY playing this title. I hope I am wrong about Shift, But I just don't see any light at the end of the Tunnel for EA. They Need to go back in time and recapture that magic from NFS: Underground and Most Wanted. Untill we get a title simlar to these Two GREAT Titles, The True Fans arn't gona waste there $$$ on these latest Titles.

Just My Two Cents. Your Thoughts?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

vegettoxp wrote:I keep bring up this point, I think NFS lost it touch with the TRUE FANS of NFS after NFS: Most Wanted. To this day I still ENJOY playing this title. I hope I am wrong about Shift, But I just don't see any light at the end of the Tunnel for EA. They Need to go back in time and recapture that magic from NFS: Underground and Most Wanted.
It really depends on how you define true fans. Yeah, Underground and Most Wanted were the cornerstones of success for the recent NFS franchise, but the olden NFS games had little to do with cops, and the very first NFS simply involved racing high-end cars on a track. Shift is geared towards those kinds of gamers, who can sit down and race on a circular track for 5-6 laps (maybe even more). That's a type of gameplay that really doesn't lend itself to open world and police. While I admit, those two elements worked great in Most Wanted and created a lot of fandom, I feel that this return to the "roots" so to speak is a nod towards the fans of the original NFS games. If you look at those who liked ProStreet and those who didn't, I can guarantee you that most of the fans who didn't like it were Underground or Most Wanted players compared to most who did like it were probably olden NFS game fans.

I just think that saying NFS has lost its touch with TRUE FANS is very much a simplification, and the statement really needs to be qualified. I personally liked Most Wanted and Underground. But I preferred games like ProStreet and Porsche Unleashed. And I'm looking forward very excitedly to Shift. Yeah, there are those players who won't like Shift because of their preference for open world. But that doesn't mean those are the true fans of NFS.

Return to “SHIFT”