Login with Google or Yahoo

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Login with Google or Yahoo

Post by Bojan »

You can now use Google or Yahoo to login to this site. Just click the links below the normal username/password boxes.

Additionally all other openID providers should work.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.
Hazzy
Stock
Stock

Re: Login with Google or Yahoo

Post by Hazzy »

Mind if I ask what the purpose of being able to do so is? Other than apparently having multiple accounts (?). Or did I firetruck up, somewhere?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The point is to get rid of the somewhat painful registration process which I believe many don't want to go through.
Also there's the the trust/security issue of having someone you trust dealing with sensitive data like passwords and emails. Or when you're on a public wireless and NFSUnlimited doesn't use https - google and yahoo's logins are all secured.
And there's also convenience like when you're using google, you just click on "login with Google" and you're here logged in :)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Ah, gotcha.

So I guess you're supposed to bind your Google/Yahoo account with your already existing account, if you have one, yes? I didn't notice that option until I clicked OK on the first option. :-"
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

You can do that if you're already registered, yes :)
Although I admit, that page could use some improvement.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

This is amazing! I believe this is the only forum which has this option. :)

OK, I've binded my account. But will it do any justice aside from that I can now log-in with my Google account as well? I also noticed that when I click on the "Sign in with Google" to login to this forum, I don't even have to type in my username and password without ticking the "Automatically sign me in" box. :)

And regarding the improvement thing, when I was prompted to the Google/Yahoo! login page, the box which we are required to fill in our existing username needs some touch up. I didn't realise that the box beside the username column is meant for me to insert a password. Took me several tries before I could figure what that box was for. :P

Just stating.. :)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Ok the Bind Account option should now be more visible and logical.
I'm glad you like the feature :)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I for one have no use in this because I'm always logged in when I visit the forums anyway. But it is a cool feature.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Wiki login is now integrated with the rest of the site, meaning that if you're logged in on the forum or on the website, you're logged in on the wiki too. It should work with openid as well. Let me know if there are any problems.

Also if you're using AIM, you can login using the following url in the openid field:

openid.aim.com/yourscreenname

Return to “General Discussion”