NFS SHIFT Customization

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
MarioManeski
Ricer
Ricer

NFS SHIFT Customization

Post by MarioManeski »

Today,the performance upgrades in SHIFT have been announced.EA has said that there will be plenty of upgrades,especially the performance upgrades that will be so detailed and that they have never been seen in a NFS game before.I was expecting a variety that is more like Forza which includes a bunch of licensed parts and bodykits..So what do we get?Stage 1,2 and 3.This isn`t fair,EA!!About the visual customization they said that there will be a vinyl layer limit of 1000 that they would like to use in the style of WTCC liveries.So,we can`t put together our own liveries?Even this being a simulation/track racing game it`s still NFS.Even though I don`t like this,I think that SMS will fix this until the game comes out..I have trust in you SMS,don`t let me and every other NFS racer down!!So what do you think?Do you have any suggestions for SHIFT that EA should read?Speak up before it`s too late!
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS SHIFT Customization

Post by kostis1993 »

Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Same old crap with NFS, no part customisation just Stage 1, 2, 3 choices. Dammit when will they learn?

Oh and who's willing to bet they don't make the distinction between Piston engines and Rotaries AGAIN!
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

c'mon, its not that bad. Visually is nice. I love the color options and such. Remember older dissapointments:

NFSU2: lol look at the 350z render, I will never forget that it was supposed to be ingame pic but...
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/index.php?p ... ns&page=11

ProStreet: awesome RX7 which also was supposed to be ingame...
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/prostreet/screenshots
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

Kaerar wrote: who's willing to bet they don't make the distinction between Piston engines and Rotaries AGAIN!
Why so? Only Mazda has rotary engines. It would make more sense a distinction between naturally-aspirated, turbocharged and supercharged engines.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

MarioManeski wrote:So,we can`t put together our own liveries?Even this being a simulation/track racing game it`s still NFS.
In that video the person above me posted when the guy was going over the livery stuff it said "custom livery" at the top of the list, sooo I'm guessing we still get to do our own stuff.
As for the rest of the customization stuff, it doesn't look all that bad. I mean I know we're getting new body kits (thank god) coz of this:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/09 ... could.aspx

And although I love Forza more than any NFS title I've played, they're customization when it comes to performance upgrades, isn't all THAT different. I mean in the engine upgrades you have street, performance, and race parts. I'm pretty sure it's the same with the handling upgrades as well. Really the only name brand products in Forza are aesthetic (except tires).

So in that sense, I don't feel like EA has even begun to dissapoint with shift customization, and I feel that all will turn out good. :)
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

NaBUru83 wrote:
Kaerar wrote: who's willing to bet they don't make the distinction between Piston engines and Rotaries AGAIN!
Why so? Only Mazda has rotary engines. It would make more sense a distinction between naturally-aspirated, turbocharged and supercharged engines.
WOW. Sorry but that is pretty ignorant. They have never differentiated between Turbo and Supercharger properly because the previous team (EA Black Box) were a bunch of retarded apes. They literally assigned the same properties to both in the only game that came close to separating them (Carbon) and even though they were mentioned in Pro Street there was no actual difference. However how hard would it have been to add it the lines (admittedly for two cars, but quite strangely THE cover car for more than one NFS title) "Uprated Seals" instead of "Camshaft Upgrade" or whatever it was in Pro Street (Undercover wasn't even worth the effort). If it meant a massive engine change (like differentiation of Turbo and Supercharger) then fair enough but this is damn text...
SP4RCO wrote:c'mon, its not that bad. Visually is nice. I love the color options and such. Remember older dissapointments...
Yeah I remember them, I also remember saying to myself in regards to the high poly renders from Pro Street that it was never gonna be like that ingame. Same with Underground 2. They were too obviously High Poly PR not ingame shots. However the abundance of really good HQ stuff from SMS for Shift has been a refreshing change.

Really looking forward to getting it today or tomorrow!
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

NFS games need to be made simple for the young (and the retarded) who have no real understanding of car modding to fathom.

If you want to mod a car to your hearts content, buy a car and mod it IRL ;)
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

steelsnake00 wrote:NFS games need to be made simple for the young (and the retarded) who have no real understanding of car modding to fathom.

No they don't. If anything, the customization should be more like what is provided in Forza 2 and 3.

Oh and unless you were joking, are you really asking gamers to go out and do something that is so expensive irl? C'mon. :|
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Cheesenium
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cheesenium »

Just asking,for those who have bought the game.

How good is Shift's visual customisation?

Does the vinyls have mirror feature?

How many layers can we put? Is it really 1000 layers?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:
steelsnake00 wrote:NFS games need to be made simple for the young (and the retarded) who have no real understanding of car modding to fathom.

No they don't. If anything, the customization should be more like what is provided in Forza 2 and 3.

Oh and unless you were joking, are you really asking gamers to go out and do something that is so expensive irl? C'mon. :|
@steelsnake: You DO realize that a good majority of gamers are broke, probably because they spent their whole allowance on games, RIGHT???
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Err I have an RX-7 FC3S in my shed stripped and waiting rollcage and paint. Is that modded enough IRL for you?

As for the ingame features I haven't seen a mirror feature yet. Other than that it's not too bad though not as simple or flexible as Pro Streets (ironically). You can place vinyls only on specific sections (left body, bumper, top, etc...) and it's a bit of a chore to do especially as you can't upsize small vinyls much :(

The bodywork customisation is even less good, you literally choose bodywork similar to Most Wanted, which IMO is a major step back from some aspects (hell even UG and UG2 were better than Most Wanted's system). There are 3 bodykits for most cars (haven't seen some of the more expensive stuff yet) which is very limiting and there is only 1 custom vinyl section per car.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

yeah I really hate to say it but I'm pretty dissapointed in shift's visual customization.

Pro's:
Free Rims
New body kits
Some new vinyl choices

Con's:
No Mirror
No Painting Rims (from what I've seen)
No autosculpt (this may or may not be a con for you but it was for me)
The body kits include spoiler and hoods so you don't get to pick those out for yourself
Smaller selection of vinyls per group (the primitives section is just sad lol)

It's a fun game so far but I play Need For Speed for the car customization so this was kind of a let down. But it really doesn't take away from the game. the new performance upgrade options are refreshing because there is a wider selection but not too much to intimidate someone who isn't looking for the Sim experience.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

how many layer vinyls they allow ?

no mirror again?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

It's 100 layers per side and there's around 10 sides.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

oh ok thx Bojan btw do you know is there any mirror feature?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

No, there is no mirror feature.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

NO mirror feature, that has EA written all over it
Instagram @SupraHKS
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

You think it would've been easier for EA to just have Prostreets vinyl system with the 1000 layer limit but for some stupid reason they try to fix what aint broke and stuff it up! Let's just hope they fix it up in a patch...
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

It won't be, they've already seen it's a lemon, so there'll probably be one patch more then nothing till 2010 and the next piece of trash. I really miss the days I looked forward to the next NFS.

Return to “SHIFT”