Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Re: Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

Post by krazyammo »

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else. But my game freezes up on the loading screen after I updated patch. Anyone got a suggestion to solve this?
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

Got a little problem here too.After re-installing in order to be able to patch to version 1.2,I unpack the game in order to install mods again.After doing this, the new cars that came with the patch don't show up in my garage.What i mean i can't "see" them, they are present, they just don't show.so right now i'm using the orignal version of the game + patches in order to play.Has anyone elese encountered this problem?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

if i pick "Same Car Class/Tier/whatever you call it" in Quick Race, then no matter what tier car i pick, i get cars from various tiers. tier 3, tier 4, tier 5, they all are there. recently tried doing it with a Supra, tier 2 car. what opponents i got? Murcielagos, DBR9's, BMW M3 GT2's, and a few Nissan GTR's. you can't works convert the Supra so it remains a Tier 2 Car.
also another glitch. if i have the car tuned in career(mainly engine) then it shows EXACTLY same horsepower amount for a stock car picked in quick race and my own car from My Cars section. so a stock Skyline displays to have a power of above 600 HP. yay.
jldegaro
Stock
Stock

Post by jldegaro »

Ever since the 1.02 patch for the ps3 it seems that the lap times are slower and when I race on a track in quick race and then the same track in teir 4 the lap times are way differant and the car acks differant. Is abyone else having the same isues
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

H3ll$pawn wrote:Got a little problem here too.After re-installing in order to be able to patch to version 1.2,I unpack the game in order to install mods again.After doing this, the new cars that came with the patch don't show up in my garage.What i mean i can't "see" them, they are present, they just don't show.so right now i'm using the orignal version of the game + patches in order to play.Has anyone elese encountered this problem?
maybe the unpacking device/whatever you used to unpack, can't "see" the files of new cars, so it unpacks whole game BUT them, so their models are missing. either way, so far the patch+mods is not being too friendly... :wink:
H3ll$pawn
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by H3ll$pawn »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
H3ll$pawn wrote:Got a little problem here too.After re-installing in order to be able to patch to version 1.2,I unpack the game in order to install mods again.After doing this, the new cars that came with the patch don't show up in my garage.What i mean i can't "see" them, they are present, they just don't show.so right now i'm using the orignal version of the game + patches in order to play.Has anyone elese encountered this problem?
maybe the unpacking device/whatever you used to unpack, can't "see" the files of new cars, so it unpacks whole game BUT them, so their models are missing. either way, so far the patch+mods is not being too friendly... :wink:

Found a solution:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showt ... p?t=166542
iTz_MeaNFacE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iTz_MeaNFacE »

As we speak i am in Dakota GP. The race normally starts with cars by side by side nascar style but when the game started the cars all came to a stop and just sat there, then i was able to go but the other cars were not able to move. I was still able to communicate to all other racers ( it was a full lobby 12 / 12 ).. we were still able to communicate but they were saying they couldnt get past a black screen but i was the only one able to run around the track. for all 4 laps the cars sat side by side at the start point of dakota gp...

VERY WIERD
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

i found another glitch, which is in my opinion VERY annoying.
whenever i try to color a car from team racing pack in single race to something else than a racing livery, every car has weird rainbowtexture glitch thing instead of all single color paint job.
example: i switch Charger R/T to any single colored paint job. it gets glitched and looks like some weird rainbow thingy.(the car textures go wild.) now every other single colored paint job for all cars is just the same. this never happened before patch 1.2(1.02 or whatever) and its not tied to my settings as they were the same before patch.
OldSchoolRacer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OldSchoolRacer »

nfs shift on ps3 sometimes has audio problems. sometimes i go into a race and the audio is all scrambled (really bad) i have to either exit the race and re-enter it, or restart the whole game. :x

also in drift mode sometimes the race will start while anouncer is still talking and the scores are on the screen and then the car wont drive at all it just sits there. #-o
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

OldSchoolRacer wrote:nfs shift on ps3 sometimes has audio problems. sometimes i go into a race and the audio is all scrambled (really bad) i have to either exit the race and re-enter it, or restart the whole game. :x

also in drift mode sometimes the race will start while anouncer is still talking and the scores are on the screen and then the car wont drive at all it just sits there. #-o
yup audi is weird in the ps3, i'll be doing a drift event and there will be no car noise at all
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Just wondering if there is a fix for having low LOD textures even when you have set them to high?

Running ATI 4890 which is easily capable of max settings. Just re-installed after a clean Win 7 x64 install and it's running low texture resolution no matter what I do. Everything else is running ok, just the textures. Oh and the paint. I can't paint my cars. They all come out black with dodgy highlights in the paint colour I choose.

EDIT: After several hours of farting about trying to get some decent LoD on the cars in the menu and ingame. I have come up with absolutely nothing :evil:
So far all cars seem to be running Medium LoD textures instead of High. I see the screenshots in the showroom here and the detail is clear, whereas on mine it's as clear as mud.

Also Paint is screwed no matter if I patch it or not. It just does not work. New profile, old profile it doesn't matter. Something seriously odd is going on and I'd like to be able to fix it. I only wanted to so I can join in the next Showroom comp :D
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Here's some screens of the blurry vinyls:

Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Right well it's definitely driver related. Seems to be since I installed the latest 10.3 Catalysts. Rolling back to 10.2 Feb Hotfix drivers and will see what happens.

EDIT: Confirmed. Catalyst 10.3 are incompatible with med and high res textures in SHIFT and many other games (GRID, Pro Street to name two tested). Using a Radeon 4890 from HIS and it's the Turbo edition.

EDIT 2: Looks like it wasn't the Catalyst drivers that were the issue. It's the stock Win 7 64bit driver. Once had uninstalled the Cat's and then Driver Swept the system in Safe Mode, I could then reinstall any Cat driver I liked. Best to install the Driver only version and add on the Catalyst Control Centre if you need it.
Last edited by Kaerar on 07 Jul 2010, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
sAlAm1r1037
Stock
Stock

Post by sAlAm1r1037 »

Hallo zusammen...
ich weiß nicht wem es von euch auch noch so geht...
seit dem 1.02er Patch gibt es bei mir im Replay einen so dermaßen ekligen Bug,
daß das Video aufnehmen absolut keinen spaß mehr macht..

und zwar handelt es sich um einen Bug der hauptsächlich in der Replay,
Vor-/ und Nach sequenzen von Rennen
sowie vereinzelten Videos auftritt...

ausschauen tut das ganze so:

VIDEO:
http://de.xfire.com/video/29d119/ komplett
http://de.xfire.com/video/2a3628/ ab ca. 2:40min

BILD:
http://de.xfire.com/profile/salamirider ... w#96426452
http://de.xfire.com/profile/salamirider ... w#96426386
http://de.xfire.com/profile/salamirider ... w#96426396

hier diverse Versuche/Varianten die ich zur behebung des Problemes unternommen habe:

- Neuinstallation des PC Games, mit und ohne Patches
- Neuinstallation der Grafiktreiber sowie auch älterer Treiber
- ausführung der Installationen und exe als Admin und auch als nichtiger

alles bringt keine Lösung...

daher wende ich mich jetzt einfach mal hier her ob vielleicht jemand eine ahnung hat wie ich den Bug Fixxen kann oder vllt jemand diverse erfahrungen machen musste, gemacht hat!?

mein System:

MSI P7N Diamond mit Q6600@2,4GHz
4x 1GB G.Skill F2 800MHz auf Dual
erst ASUS EN8800 Ultra
nun XFX 5870 HD (ZNFA)
und divereses...
(PS: bei beiden Karten das gleiche Problem)

das Spiel an sich läuft top bis auf einige (4stk.) Savegemacrash´s
und ein paar unwichtigen Bugs

tjoar...und nun...
kennt ihr das auch, hattet ihr das schon, wie habt ihr das weg bekommen?

danke schon mal vorab für etwas Support/eine Hilfestellung
grüße und streßfreie Pfingsten

sAlAm1r1037
======================================================================================================
Hi ...
I do not know who it is so well of you ...
1.02er since the patch is in my replay they play such an ugly bug
that the video record makes absolutely no more fun ..

and that is mainly a bug in the replay,
Before / After and sequences of races
and isolated Videos occurs ...

does the lookout all the way:

VIDEO:
http://de.xfire.com/video/29d119/ completely
http://de.xfire.com/video/2a3628/ from about 2:40 min

PICTURE:
http://de.xfire.com/profile/salamirider ... hots/?view # 96426452
http://de.xfire.com/profile/salamirider ... hots/?view # 96426386
http://de.xfire.com/profile/salamirider ... hots/?view # 96426396

here several attempts / variants which I have undertaken to resolve the problem:

- Reinstall the PC games, with and without patches
- Reinstalling the video drivers as well as older drivers
- Execution of installations and exe as admin and as a void

everything is not a solution ...

Therefore I address myself now, just talk her if maybe someone has an idea how I can Fixx vllt the bug, or someone had to make several experiences that has made!?

my system:

MSI P7N Diamond Q6600 @ 2,4 GHz
4x 1GB G. Skill F2 800MHz to dual
ASUS EN8800 Ultra only
Now XFX 5870 HD (ZNFA)
and divereses ...
(PS: both cards have the same problem)

the game itself runs on top until some (4stk.) Savegemacrash's
and a few unimportant bugs

tjoar ... and now ...
do you know that also, you had her already, as you get that away?

thank you in advance for anything ever support / help position
greet and stress-free Pentecost

sAlAm1r1037
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

The game runs fine... up until I hit a huge problem. The game doesn't want to seem to run the test lap. By this I mean that the game tries to load the test lap and fails at the loading screen. Any help?
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
LauraD
Stock
Stock

Bugs Glitches in Need for Speed SHIFT

Post by LauraD »

Its definitely a fresh new take on the series, and it may hopefully even be decent, but I cant say Im all that enthralled about it. Whenever I hear Need for Speed I think of the exotic cars and locales in a third person view.

Underground was great; the sequel, decent. Most Wanted was good stuff too.

Return to “SHIFT”