Coming Soon To Need for Speed World: A Gamescom Report

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Coming Soon To Need for Speed World: A Gamescom Report

Post by Bojan »

I was attending Gamescom last week and we had a long presentation on Need for Speed World where we got an insight of what we can expect in the game.

First off, me and and NFS Torque got a chance to do a video interview with Need for Speed World Senior Producer John Doyle.

http://www.youtube.com/v/-AU86G-8qYM?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/embed]

New mode: Team Escape
A new game mode will be available soon in Need for Speed World called the Team Escape. It's the first co-op mode int the game with the main objective being that all the racers involved (2-4) successfully escape from the cops. Racers race on a set path, like a rather long sprint race, and try to avoid the cops all the way to the end. Cops will start at heat level one with the heat level increasing as you continue racing. Racers can get busted, but only for a limited amount of times - when the limit is reached, game over. New team powerups can help a lot getting away from the cops. Cop actions are scripted so you can expect strong opposition in forms of road blocks, spike strips, charging rhinos and more.

Gameplay video featuring the new game mode.
http://www.youtube.com/v/FlS2qFZhyco?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/embed]

New locations: Canyons, Downtown Rockport, Night
Canyons are planned for World and should not be that far off getting into the game. We can expect 6 canyons connected seamlessly into the world giving you the ability to drive uphill on one and then downhill on the other. Downtown Rockport area is also planned to become active in the game soon. Expect also up to 15 new photoshooting locations throughout the world.
We have also seen the game at night in the new downtown Rockport area. It looks very impressive!

Performance and Visual Customization
A new more complex performance customization is also planned with the key feature being separate parts. Instead of getting a "Pro package", you will now have a choice of several parts broken down into different categories with difference performance improvements. The trick is that you'll only be able to apply a limited amount of parts on to your car. That should require players to do a lot of testing to find out the best combinations.
We heard an interesting bit of information regarding the vinyl layers: the game allows thousands of vinyl layers to be applied to cars, but that feature is currently disabled. It is possible for a limited amount of players to have that vinyl limit raised, so be sure to let us know in our forums - the more people request this feature, the more likely they will implement it.

New Cars
Several new cars are in the works, the current talk is in the range of 30. They should start rolling them out, including the community made Porsche 959, throughout the year. We can also expect tier 4 cars.

Leaderboards
Those of you who are interested in best lap times - the leaderboards are coming! Best thing is we'll have access to them directly, so expect SHIFT like leaderboards right here on NFSUnlimited.net soon. We will start collecting your driver profile names within a week so don't go far :)

With that being the main features in Need for Speed World planned for the coming months, we did hear that EA has a lot more in store for us in the future. The important thing to know is that a lot of decisions on content updates will be based on what the community desires. So be sure to talk about it in our forums.

And now we have a special bonus for those of you who managed to read through this long article: a free Starter Pack code with 1500 SpeedBoost is available to the first users who sends me a PM with the name of the car the second player drives in the Team Escape gameplay video. Update: congrats to _BLAHHEAD_ for being the first!

Also check out the previews from other community websites:
NFS Cars
NFS Planet
Racerplanet
World Garage
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Coming Soon To Need for Speed World: A Gamescom Report

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Congratulations to me for _always_ missing out on such news.
Though when i have my "check it every 5 minutes" time, nothing happens :lol:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Don't worry, I still have starter pack codes. We'll be having competitions in the near future :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Bojan wrote:Don't worry, I still have starter pack codes. We'll be having competitions in the near future :)
Haha, for me its going to be a competition to spot them :wink:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well I can say right now that we will have a best lap time competition in world as soon as the leaderboards launch and I get the software ready. Better get some practice then :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Bojan wrote:Well I can say right now that we will have a best lap time competition in world as soon as the leaderboards launch and I get the software ready. Better get some practice then :)
Well, i sure will because unlike EA's version of best lap time competition, this one is going to have proper rules(im pretty sure :) ) and will be better organized.

On a side note, i hope this group escape mode will be fun, and that after The Big Patch with (supposedly) 30 cars and other fixes, they will get their vehicle sounds straight. Unless this is an issue with my hardware, Any car i drive is more silent as i drive faster. (Im driving ~20 km/h = LOUD roar!, im driving 250 km/h = You won't hear me coming :P )

Unless they fixed it already, but when i looked at patch notes of last few patches there was no mention of this.
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

I wasn't sure if I was going to get it, the time showed the post was made 2 hours before I pm'ed you :P Anyways, I like all the new news coming out, exciting stuff :)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I'm sure they won't be releasing the entire content at once. But doesn't matter, it's important that they are improving it.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Which cars do you think will be Tier 4, aside from Veyron?
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

koeningsegg?
pagani zonda?
i think mainly the "supercars" will be as T4.
But most likely also with insane prices so it'll take a whole week of pursuits just to get there hehe
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

In the Ask Marc videos, they mention a Zonda, and also 220 mph, but not when that would happen.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

Hmm... They say that they're gonna listen to the community? Well then, they better do it right this time. Cuz they didn't listen when they were asked to keep the game free/without starter pack.

One thing that would be nice, is that they don't use tiers to keep some cars down.

I'd like to win with a Charger against a Zonda or a Ferrari or whatelse... Sure if the Charger is stock, it's impossible to do, but if they know a little bit of mechanic themselves (They're supposed to, one of theirs guys was a racer, right?) Then they know that it's possible to get ANY cars to reach 1,000 HP. So, they should make it available for ANY cars to be upgraded with the maximum part level.

Of course, I'm pretty sure they won't do stuff like that cuz some companies like Ferrari would be really upset if a Dodge Charger beat the crap of their cars... Even though in reality it's possible.

Return to “News”