World Screenshots Showing Night And New Areas

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Screenshots Showing Night And New Areas

Post by Bojan »

We have a bunch of new Need for Speed World screenshots showing the upcoming night mode, performance customization and the new world area.
Need for Speed World Screenshots
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: World Screenshots Showing Night And New Areas

Post by RBA »

They're pretty cool!

I hope in the updates they'll make that the cars with pop-ups lights will get down in day and pop out at night, to go up with that! =D>
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

that's really pretty! looking forward to the update (:
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i was like "whoa that look sick" then i remebered "its gunna look like cra on my computer" :cry:
Instagram @SupraHKS
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shinjeon9 »

This is reminding me much of night mode style of Underground 2....
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah looks beautiful, I think the night time will give a whole new atmosphere to World.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I have an i7 930@3.9 Ghz, 6gigs of DDR3 RAM, a GTX460 1GB and this stupidity STILL stutters/lags as if I was playing the old days of MW-Carbon with a mid range computer....
I sincerely hate this game, one of the reasons why I stopped playing....hope they "fixed" all that crap, I hate BlackBox stuff, seems they never learn from their mistakes, has been YEARS since MW-Carbon were released and they still can't fix the damn code to properly run with 2010 hardware....jesus christ ¬¬
MEFF1091
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MEFF1091 »

totally agree with xturbo!!!
We have really good rigs but the game still slutters i am so mad about this and the car handling. still no suspension, cars shake like toys but please improve your rotten game engine. you work with the sms guys and didnt you learn something from them ?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I mean, I'm not trying to be a douche to be honest but c'mon, it's 2010, We are supposed to have a better stability in games. This gives the impression that they just took the code, started to develop on top of it and that's it, no optimizations or whatsoever for high end pc's. I have the SAME stutter/lag when I had a mid-low computer with this bran new high end specs, isn't that ironical?? lol
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well, for old games, high end hardware isn't always good, since these old games are not optimized for the new technologies and don't make good use of them. World uses the same engine as Most Wanted/Carbon, which is already an old engine, and with the constant "recycling" and addition of code, I bet it is a complete mess at the moment. I know it is frustrating that you have such a good computer and World doesn't run well, but I think you should be more patient and wait for them to optimize the game engine. After all NFS World is still in beta phase, remember that. Maybe posting your problem on the forums will help the dev team. :)

Also, they are trying something quite hard, which is make this game run smoothly on various types of computers, since the old ones that were used back in 2005/2006 to the new rigs of 2010. Not an easy task IMO...

Btw World runs perfectly fine for me with everything maxed out, and my computer isn't high end nowadays (it was when I bought it, back in 2008 xD).
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

TBH World looks sharper than Carbon and MW, though I myself get the same shutter lag as well with my old q6600 @ 3.1ghz 4bh ddr2 and 3870...

They should have brought in SHIFT technology already..

The damn MS3 drives the SAME as it would in Carbon....FAIL
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Hydro_PT wrote:Well, for old games, high end hardware isn't always good, since these old games are not optimized for the new technologies and don't make good use of them. World uses the same engine as Most Wanted/Carbon, which is already an old engine, and with the constant "recycling" and addition of code, I bet it is a complete mess at the moment. I know it is frustrating that you have such a good computer and World doesn't run well, but I think you should be more patient and wait for them to optimize the game engine. After all NFS World is still in beta phase, remember that. Maybe posting your problem on the forums will help the dev team. :)

Also, they are trying something quite hard, which is make this game run smoothly on various types of computers, since the old ones that were used back in 2005/2006 to the new rigs of 2010. Not an easy task IMO...

Btw World runs perfectly fine for me with everything maxed out, and my computer isn't high end nowadays (it was when I bought it, back in 2008 xD).
Semi-ontopic:

How a High End system isn't always the best? Maybe the coders are the guys that can't adapt to the new technologies (not to say falling behind), in that matter I wonder how NFS Shift and other games takes a lot of advantage of brand new technologies that high end systems have to offer, in my rig I can max out shift without a inch of lag/stuttering, and other games as well such as Crysis, Metro 2033, Burnout Paradise, and I can keep naming games..... and a 2005-2006 coded game pwnes me?? nah, Coders aren't doing a proper job there bro, World code isn't being adapted to new hardware which is becoming more popular to masses and of course, accesible :wink:

Ontopic

The funny thing is that when I play carbon with this rig, I have NO stutter/lag problem but with the "advanced" game NFS World is, I lag/stutter randomly.

I'd love to read what specs you have in your computer that runs world without a hitch, probably I wasted a lot of money in HIGH END components to be defeated by a "2005-6 game code" lol

You're probably right, it's just a "beta" game which is a mess as you say, but come on, since Undercover, BlackBox had the enough time to start improving the MW-Carbon code for World. With the new tech we have around it's easier to complete that task in a short period of time compared to what it was 3-4 years ago. I know, everything has a process, a "QA" (if BlackBox has one because with Undercover it seems they had no QA lol) and everything in the process of making a game takes time, but people, we have a multimillonaire company that HAS the resource to develop a better technology and able to hire an experienced team, and I guess they have done that with the team behind World, but the question is: are they really putting effort to make World a game that fits the standards of today's computers? Right now I think: no.

But well, I hope to be able to see further progress with this game, I just installed it today to see what's going on. I still have a little bit of lag, it hasn't crashed yet gladyl, but we will eventually see what happens when the code gets improved to avoid havign the same issues as if we had mid-low end computers back in 2005.

Greetings!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

xturbo wrote: Semi-ontopic:

How a High End system isn't always the best? Maybe the coders are the guys that can't adapt to the new technologies (not to say falling behind), in that matter I wonder how NFS Shift and other games takes a lot of advantage of brand new technologies that high end systems have to offer, in my rig I can max out shift without a inch of lag/stuttering, and other games as well such as Crysis, Metro 2033, Burnout Paradise, and I can keep naming games..... and a 2005-2006 coded game pwnes me?? nah, Coders aren't doing a proper job there bro, World code isn't being adapted to new hardware which is becoming more popular to masses and of course, accesible :wink:
A high end system is always the best for current games, that's for sure (if the developers do their work, of course). But like I said, older games might have trouble running well because of not recognizing all the new hardware and how it works. This is especially true when it comes to CPUs, before the Dual Core processors hit the market, games weren't ready for multi-core CPUs, and some of them struggled quite bad. And there's also the OS, if you try to play a Windows 98 game on Windows XP via compatibility mode, while using recent hardware, you might find yourself having graphical problems or a very slow game.

Of course this is only for older games, and it doesn't happen with all of them. I remember having some troubles running games from 2003/2002 and older. In this case of NFS World, I agree with you, the developers are not doing their job right. I think you will have to wait while they clean the code and optimize it. Plus, because we are dealing with an MMO, I think it is even harder to optimize because you can have lots of different things happening all around the game world. During one of the betas, I think the 3rd one, my game used to lag a lot too, but later, on the 4th beta, it was running smoothly again. :wink:

My computer is perfectly normal nowadays, in fact it is getting outdated, but I can still run current games maxed out or with very high settings and a decent framerate (it depends on the type of game, but I never play a game below 30 FPS). I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.0Ghz, XFX 9600GT 512MB DDR3 and 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Dark PC8500 DDR2. It's not that good, I'm even thinking about overclocking the CPU and RAM a bit for some extra performance.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well, if that makes anyone feel better, i run NFS Underground easily on maxed, same goes for MW and Carbon.
NFS UG2 is unplayable unless i set core affinity to one core, and even then i get quite noticeable fps drops anytime there is some smoke. No burnouts for me and i have to wait like 5-10 seconds for pause menu to load everytime i press pause. Pro Street=max, Shift runs on max as well, World too.
I have no problems with NFS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 as well.
Now, tell me why UG 2 has problems?

Ontopic:

I like the night time screenshot....
Aside from graphics, those performance upgrades are supposed to mean something like Drift tires, racing tires etc?

Return to “News”