Hot Pursuit Demo is available!

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
LITE992
Ricer
Ricer

Hot Pursuit Demo is available!

Post by LITE992 »

The demo's ready to be downloaded! It's 1.5 GB in size, and has one Hot Pursuit event and one Race event. At the time of writing this post, I haven't played it yet; it's still downloading. Then I have to go to school, so I'll be able to play it when I get back :( . It can be downloaded for Xbox and PS3, but not for the PC as of yet.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Hot Pursuit Demo is available!

Post by Kaerar »

Are you 100% sure? I can't see it and it's almost the 27th in Australia and using a PS3 BTW.

Are you using X360?
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kimd41 »

PS3 here and can't find it on PSN.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Thought so. For some reason the PSN release is delayed :(
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

I've got bad news for PC players about Hotpursuit there will not be a PC demo just look for yourself.
http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/demo
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Yup PC is not happening for the demo (why am I not surprised by Criterion/EA going console centric...).

However is the PSN version out yet? It's 3am on 26th here and they mentioned something about a release on the 26th...
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

Once again, we PC players that BUILT the NFS series are ignored in favor of all the elementary kids playing console. Not only that, we won't get a demo at ALL to test out the game. No, instead we must go buy a game we couldn't test and are not allowed to return if it's not what we expected. Developers have gotten lazy developing games for consoles and refuse to do the work necessary to create the best game possible for PC which is a much higher quality platform. Don't expect the PC community to shrug this off. My $60 is staying in my pocket ... waiting for TDU2.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

lol over a demo which everyone will get with a pirated copy anyway?

Whether the pirates pay after is the crux. They are shooting themselves in the foot doing it this way as there will be many like you who will rather pirate it now than pay them for their laziness!!!
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Sorry for the double post but has anyone in Australia managed to download the demo yet?

On my system the PS Store doesn't have the demo in the PS3 Games/Demos section. Not under Need for Speed or Hot Pursuit...
Micster
Stock
Stock

Post by Micster »

Signed up for the forums just to post here. Been a long time lurker, ever since NFS Underground came out if I can remember. :)

Anyway, an additional friend is required to unlock the racer part of the demo. For those with X360s and want in on the action (I know I do) my Gamertag is: Micster96. Perhaps this is a good way to build up an initiative for the real Autolog competition when the full game comes out.

Shame the demo isn't available on the PC. If I didn't have my Xbox now I'd be upset about that fact.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Same here. I'm pissed off enough that the Aussie PSN store doesn't have it yet...
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

The PS3 version doesnt start for me, well it starts but when it gets to that "Connecting to Autolog servers.." thingy it just stands there with that spinning thing.

Sigh.
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Have you guys ever thought the reason why they don't have a PC demo is because they haven't completed the PC version yet they are probably still working on it and didn't get enough finished for the demo.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Have you ever considered that maybe they screwed up the deadlines cos EA's riding them hard? So they don't have time to release the Demo as they would have to take resources away from finishing the game. Not to mention Criterion would prefer to stick with the platforms they know than those they don't (i.e. PC...). Even more amusing is this blunder of not releasing a PC version will cause a PR nightmare over something relatively pointless. I'm not that bothered about demo's normally but in this case I would actually like to try before I buy.

As usual though it'll just increase the level of PC piracy just to spite EA for this...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

If it was some technical difficulties or PC version not being ready yet, then they could at least drop a note saying they can't do that because of some problems, not just a "Uhm, i almost forgot. No PC version."
Anyway, those who can play the demo, have fun. I hope some of you record gameplays from racer part of the game, i already saw a lot of cop gameplays.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

... just played the demo. Did they get rid of manual transmission?!
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

You had time to think about shifting gears? I think I'll use auto anyways, since when I'm playing cop, I don't want to accidentally forget to shift when I'm busy ramming, calling a roadblock and checking if I just didn't beat the fastest time on autolog :P
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

As a cop I can understand keeping it auto but I thought for sure they'd at least give the racers manual.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

ElvenAvenger wrote:If it was some technical difficulties or PC version not being ready yet, then they could at least drop a note saying they can't do that because of some problems, not just a "Uhm, i almost forgot. No PC version."
Anyway, those who can play the demo, have fun. I hope some of you record gameplays from racer part of the game, i already saw a lot of cop gameplays.
The official line is they didn't want to take resources from the PC crew to make a demo.

This can be read as EA is riding us so hard for our release date we can't spare anyone to do the right thing...

Ah well. As I said most who want the game won't care, but they will increase the despondent pirates by doing so (i.e. those who might have paid but see any slight against PC gamers as a personal insult).

BTW finally got the demo and well the handling is not too bad, a bit overly heavy but then it was a 370z cop car. Even so it's rather easy as a cop to beat the given challenge and getting the fastest time as a cop holds no meaning for me. Just going to unlock the Roadster race and see what happens ;)
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Micster wrote:Signed up for the forums just to post here. Been a long time lurker, ever since NFS Underground came out if I can remember. :)
That’s an awfully long time to lurk around! Welcome to the forums. :)

As for the demo, I had a quick squiz before I headed off to work this morning. I wasn’t expecting the physics to be so ‘cartoonish’. All of the videos I watched before I played the game I found to be pretty misleading. Much like NFS Undercover, I seem to be crashing into everything because there is too much grip, or because (Instinct from playing GT) I correct the car after a turn and crash into the direction I was steering out towards. I need to throw everything I know about simulation driving out the window just to stay in a straight line, which is a pretty tall order.

I’m pretty impressed by the graphics. Best looking NFS game I’ve ever seen, and the car selection menu is very pretty. Reminds me of NFS back in ye ol days.

It also has controller customization settings, which is a big thing for me. Thanks very much for that, EA. :)
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Well had a crack at the race and have to agree the handling is extremely heavy. Also as mentioned the handling is totally arcade and counter-intuitive to those who are used to Forza or GT4/5P. It's actually more arcadey that previous NFS entries in that respect. Double tap throttle induces drifts which you need to learn minimal counter-steer as if you use logical amounts you end up crashing or spinning. OH and a BIG warning, DON'T TOUCH THE HANDBRAKE. It's ONLY use is for instant 180 spins. Other than that you handbrake induced drifts :(
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

No Demo for PC?
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

I don't see why everyone is complaining about that there is no PC demo there is no Wii demo and I'm not complaining its just a demo.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Because people want to have a try at the game.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

LancerEvoFan0504 wrote:I don't see why everyone is complaining about that there is no PC demo there is no Wii demo and I'm not complaining its just a demo.
Maaany guys wanted to try the game to see if it runs in their PC's bro ;)

But as some guys posted above, EA just shooted themselves in the foot, now people EVENTUALLY will pirate the game, thrust me ;)

Return to “Hot Pursuit”