NFSW v5

2010 Need for Speed World
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFSW v5

Post by BloodCry »

ok well just got on, seeing as i just crashed decided to do a forum post saying what i think about it. (not only that but i was like 2 seconds before the finish and i was about to beat a lambo in my rx7 :evil: )

anyway they have fixed a few issues that really f*cked me off, and added some stuff thats pretty useful.
in pursuits to me the busted system was freakn stupid, if u wer driving forward busted would still go up! however now in v5 the busted system is a whole lot better and it takes longer for you to even get busted. i also think they may have changed the physics on the cop cars a little which is kinda stink.... if u ramming road blocks with a special technique. Also in pursuits they where they say... 50 cops disabled.... they have added stuff like.... rhinos detected! or spikebelt detected!, which is very useful cuz sometimes id run right over a spike belt or i wouldnt be looking and id get rammed by a rihno :roll:

now the performance parts, right now i havent really got around to doing anything, kinda confused me.... i click on t2 engine for my rx7 but the stats went down!? #-o
i was confused and i said stuff it time to finish my rx7...... so i installed my pro bodykit, which have dropped down in price alot! 6k for a street kit on an rx7 and 12k pro one. =D>

for the most part v5 is pretty good however they do have minor issues... like crashing (game crashing not car crashes...) .... and cops disappearing alot, the heat level resets itself or can go from 1 to w/e number it wants straight away.....

i think i ran into a race bug to, i won a race but somehow i became 2nd? even tho it said 1st position right before i crossed the line....... anyway those are my thoughts on v5 at the moment

[EDIT]: couple things i noticed, car sounds are much better, road blocks are placed really closed together (guess its to slow you down, that doesnt stop me tho!), but yeah i keep crashing maybe its a windows 7 problem.....
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFSW v5

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Well, spikebelt detected is going to be a lifesaver for me.

I often drive over them because i simply DONT see them.
I have no problem with that in MW, Carbon, Undercover(even though it has most flashy graphics in the world...?)
But in World i simply dont see them until like 3 seconds later i realise that ..well i just lost 2 wheels and there's a legion of cops around me.

Will check the patch out...now.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Well looks like Version 5 is indeed a nice one. :D

I like the improvements BloodCry mentioned, that's the way to go if EA wants to keep NFS World "alive". Continuous support with various improvements and fixes is welcome, especially if they listen to the community and their suggestions.

I will try this out tonight. :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I really like the new version.

Car sounds are finally what they should be, driving my RX-7 or Evo 9 *i havent tried Silvia yet* is a pleasure just because of the sound now. I mean before that Evo 9 sounded like 350Z....

The sense of speed at 232 km/h is just awesome now, the only thing that bugs me is occasional game crashes and random camera jumps when i near miss any oncoming lane traffic or other player's car

Also i still have the weird problem with sound, my engine is very loud at low rpm, and nearly mute at top speed.
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

ye they have some minor issues they do need to fix, like the sound prob, and crashing.........!
i also noticed they changed some of the camera views (like on the hood, my rx7 hood is alot longer then it use to be)
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Wow. The responses about Version 5 are FAR different over at the EA Forums. 80% of the posts there are pure nerdrage.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
waffungyibug
Stock
Stock

Post by waffungyibug »

hi! can somebody help please? i'm having a hard time downloading the new patch for nfsworld. i started downloading it since yesterday and until now not done yet. :-( please help.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Here are some things you could try out:

1.Maybe you should cancel the download and then try it again after closing the game launcher and opening it again.
2.Or you could try and pick a different server region and try again.
3. It could be your internet connection that's causing problems so check if it's working properly.
4. If none of the above works then maybe you'll have to uninstall World and then install it again. Or wait for another user to give another suggestion.

That's all I know right now. Tell me how it turns out.
ralph_d
Stock
Stock

Post by ralph_d »

i noticed the graphic of the game also different...
in medium setting, it looks bad compared to the previous version's medium setting
but in high setting, it looks more beautiful compared to the previos one ^^

and agree about the sound of the car... i love how my 350Z sounds like now, esp. the turbocharger's sound ^^
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

@kammy, guess over here at nfsunlimited we focus on the positives :D
ther are things that do weewee me off tho, like the heat level mucks around, i go from like 3 heat straight down to 1 or 1 to 4 or w/e it goes crazy. imsure theyll get around to fixing it :P
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Wow. The responses about Version 5 are FAR different over at the EA Forums. 80% of the posts there are pure nerdrage.
I don't know why they rage now...or always...
i do rage sometimes but my rage over a year is not as big as their over a single patch.

It fixed a lot problems but my game crashes sometimes, and as i said im getting those weird camera jumps. Other than that, only fixes and good stuff for me.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hmm...I was looking through the V5 updates - durability? Will this stop the rammers to an extent?
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Durability =/= Collisions. It's a good thing in a sense of those heavily affected by ramming won't take heavy amounts of damage, but it's also bad in a sense that rammers don't get affected themselves.

Think of it as the occasional maintenance check-up for your car. You race for a few races, go to the safehouse and tune it up to keep it at its optimal performance.
MetalDeath
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFSW v5.....is fail....bigtime.

Post by MetalDeath »

I guess nobody is really paying attention to what's going on since everyone wants to just be trendy, but I have a voice of my own and at times, a good roar is needed to wake the dead....so here it is:
The sudden surge of lifeless, hopeless little miscreants hacking in game are forming a new population of their own has surfaced and racing is just out of the question since you never know if your going to get hacked to chalk up a loss. The cops are outright ridiculous, with spike strips every 10 feet, rhinos plowing you all over the track again and again and again, then there's the issue with the 40 cops from all levels charging, crashing and basically mauling you to death and to add to that, now there are actually roadblocks and strips IN the friggin cooldown zones! This is the definition of fun? #-o
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Aren't they going against the trend as the majority of the fanbase over at EA strongly dislikes the update?

And I haven't played V5 yet, but how could they have roadblocks/spike strips in the cooldown zones? They're not on roads...
MetalDeath
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MetalDeath »

Ever try to dive into the stadium to slew them off? typically there is a set of rhinos that post up just past the entrance. The other glitch is that now in cooldown, the cops can manage to squeeze thru the entrance as well. Hands down...the game is on the way to fail....hard.
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

the game is new, obviously there was bound to be a few problems on the way being the first ever car MMO (i think it is anyway) sure enuf im sure they will get around to fixing it
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Well the stadium itself was a bit of a glitch wasn't it? They've fixed it up that the cops can get in there, cos hey, it was a bit of a cheat wasn't it.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Well the stadium itself was a bit of a glitch wasn't it? They've fixed it up that the cops can get in there, cos hey, it was a bit of a cheat wasn't it.
Yeah. Anyone who needs the Stadium or the Bus Station to lose the cops is pathetic to be honest.
MetalDeath
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MetalDeath »

wow! I was just mentioning the glitch itself, kiddo. Relax and breathe....in....out....in.....out.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

And we were just pointing out that it wasn't? No one's getting worked up here.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Well the stadium itself was a bit of a glitch wasn't it?
If you consider that a glitch, then it still is. Drive through the east (away from highway) gate and behind home plate, usually the cops won't go inside.
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Anyone who needs the Stadium or the Bus Station to lose the cops is pathetic to be honest.
The issue is that the game often spawns cops near cooldown spots which now interrupts the cooldown spots, so evading is now a matter of luck in many cases. The bus terminal was never a cooldown spot, the nearest cooldown spot is on the other side of hwy 99, in the alley. The stadium was a classic cooldown spot and part of the design of Most Wanted.
complaints about v5
The main complaint is that race and pro performance parts are virtually non-existant unless you buy card packs with boost (real money). Players have run 100 races or so without getting any part. Slitchi, one of the fastest players, spent 1.2 million game cash on 24 mystery packs (120 cards), and only got 1 useful part, and 2 useless parts. You need 7 pro parts to kit out a car, so this is virtually impossible now without spending real money.

The next complaint is the durability / repair fee, which is really an event fee designed to sell boost (insurance). Each time you run a race or pursuit, the fee is $50 for tier 1, $150 for tier 2, $250 for tier 3. The insurance cost 150 per week, regardless if you play the game or not.

Combined with the repair fee is the further reduction of cash and rep in races. In single player mode, most tracks pay less than the $250 tier 3 repair fee, so you lose money even if you win a single player race at those tracks.

The pursuits are not only more difficult, they have become a matter of luck more than skill. The cops cars are heavier with more grip, many of the roadblocks are mostly or all heavy SUV's, so your car is slowed down more when you try to go through one. The road blocks are often spawned in groups of 2 or 3, meaning your car will get stopped by the second one. Sometimes the road blocks are stacked on top of each other. Sometimes spike strips are left behind with no cops nearby and no warning on your screen. Roadblocks and spike strips now appear off track in places like the golf course and the stadium, where they aren't supposed to appear (this never happened in Most Wanted or Carbon). Sometimes 4 to 6 Rhinos will appear. The Rhinos continue pushing your car backwards, sometimes over a spike strip, or into a crowd of pursuing cops.

The reduced cash and rep rewards and increased dificulty of pursuits makes it harder to level up and/or buy cars.

Still the main complaint is the fact that real money is needed to buy race and pro performance parts that are otherwise virtually non-existant, so players now consider NFS World as having changed from a "freetoplay" game to a "paytowin" game.
MetalDeath
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MetalDeath »

I agree to everything that was stated above and bc I'm heavy on skill points for pursuit in my main profile, i have never had a problem with evading 20, 30 or even 40 times in a row. Now, it's 3 out of 5 and that's only because I'm driving a Corvette and basically out-racing the Rhinos. In game money and rep has been reduced so much that between repairs, upgraded parts, paint and visual style customizations are impossible to obtain. The new glitch I have faced numerous times now, is where I'm in a multi-player race and for some reason or another, I can't leave the line until almost 5 to 10 seconds after everyone else has left. I'm personally stumped on that one, but I'm also not the only one with this issue, so with all this in mind and knowing it takes nothing but cash out of my own pocket, out of my son's mouth and away from my bills to play this game and win, EA can take this hideous form of "free-to-play" entertainment and choke on it. I know everyone loves this game, but it has been rendered useless by morons who have probably never even really got into the game after they patched it with all of this new V5 crap. They failed....miserably. So, without further words, I am uninstalling NFSW and I'll just start playing the cracked version of NFSHP....for free. Thanks EA!!
wbf
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wbf »

I agree with both posts above.
They ruined the game. It´s impossible to go through career with single races: miserable rep and money. It´s impossible with multiplayer also with too many bugs and crashes.
The game used to run smooth and no crashes before v5. Now... transparent roads, invisible cars and where the hell are the cops! Once I was racing first since the beginning and suddenly, the 4th place become the winner!
They're clearly creating a "free-to-pay" for fools. :^o #-o

Buy boost to get usefull parts. Buy boost to get some powerups to escape the crazy cops. Buy boost to increase the ridiculous rep and money we're offering. Next one will be buy boost to play... :roll:

I hope they lauch ASAP the "V5.something" to fix everything mentioned here. Otherwise...
MetalDeath wrote:They failed....miserably. So, without further words, I am uninstalling NFSW and I'll just start playing the cracked version of NFSHP....for free. Thanks EA!!
BloodCry
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BloodCry »

hp is even worse LOL, no tuning fail game for me tbh

Return to “World”