Cheat/Bug Xbox 360 NFS Shift - Unrestricted car in 14 race

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
dfalcon
Stock
Stock

Cheat/Bug Xbox 360 NFS Shift - Unrestricted car in 14 race

Post by dfalcon »

Heya....I am posting this not because I want everyone to cheat, but because I want everyone to have a level playing field.

I have reported this to EA, but they don't seem to care and I am tired of seeing people beat me when I know they are cheating. There are so many bugs in this game, but EA seems to care more about pushing out the game than quality control. What pisses me off so much is that I like the game - if I didn't, I just wouldn't bother to play - it could be sooo much better - I really wish EA gave a CRAP!

I am not saying I am the fastest, but I am not bad - people don't usually beat me around Road America by 10 seconds a lap for example - I can do a 1:52 in unrestricted and a 2:03 in a 14 car.

Anyway - if everyone can have the same cheats, then it is fair again.

Major bug - Online play lets you use higher rated cars in lower levels:
For example, use a 17 level car in a game restricted to 14 level cards.

These steps have to be done everytime you restart the game, but it doesn't take long and many people are doing it.

To reproduce:

1) Purchase stock Z06 - if you already own it, sell it and rebuy it (you will not lose tuning settings)
2) Go into XBox Live
3) Create a Ranked match, Race, 14 level cars and accept it
4) Pick your Z06 from your list of cars
5) Exit the race (no need to actually race)
6) Go to the Car Garage and upgrades
7) Purchase all upgrades (except Works Convert - this bug didn't seem to work for me when I Works Converted)
8) Go back into XBox Live
9) Either create a match, or join one and when the car rating is 14, your Z06 will be chosen by default even though it is now a 17+ rated car

This also works for any level - for example, you can take the Porsche Cayman - use it as a 10 car when it is actually setup for a 14 car.

Use it while you can - I am hoping EA will fix this. I have posted this information to them and on a number of forums, so hopefully they will actually do something about it.

Revan002 - XBox Live ID

Return to “SHIFT”