nfs rivals car customization/personalization

2013 Need for Speed Rivals
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

nfs rivals car customization/personalization

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

As we get closer to a new trailer , the buzz about car customization returning to the series its high as ghost called it car personalization they claim there's going to be millions of options in terms of car "personalization" and that fans won't be disappointed as i dig deeper into the gameplay footages, one of them caught my eyes and all of this its based on speculation:

As i was looking at the footage i saw safe houses and the icons looked just like the ones in the underground/old school most wanted games and the player gets closer and bank the amount of points they have.So i was like OK so you just get closer to the houses and you bank your points.but for sum reason the player decides to stop closer to the safe house and it says press L1 to enter safe house and that's when i started speculating that the return of car customization to the series its real and more deeper than most wanted 2012 might not be as detail as underground 2 tho(before i start getting attack).but what if we can get into a safe house change the paint job of the car and that's going to confuse the cops if your in a chase, better yet what if we can totally turn a cop car into a racer and just be undercover ,the possibilities are endless i might be wrong but these are my speculations and opinions about this.

What do you guys think? and by the way i'm not a customization freak,but i do enjoy messing around with paint jobs and vinyls and decals. :mrgreen:
wicken
Ricer
Ricer

Re: nfs rivals car customization/personalization

Post by wicken »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:As we get closer to a new trailer , the buzz about car customization returning to the series its high as ghost called it car personalization they claim there's going to be millions of options in terms of car "personalization"
Well then get ready to be disappointed, we don't know everything 100% yet but this was from a preview.
"Unlike in Hot Pursuit, there will be limited customization, but don't expect to be turbocharging your Ferrari. According to the developers you will be able to change your rims, add some decals and change your number plates, to add your personal touch to each car. "
http://www.kiwigam3r.com/2013/07/need-f ... -same.html
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

i agree with wicken here...
i maybe wrong but i think customization will be limited to some decals and rims... nothing in regards to altering the body mesh or base performance.
and their performance customization may be about the same equipment as in HP2010 with the difference that you can now choose what to bring out in your pursuits.
wicken
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wicken »

The only costumization that I want is: ability to change car colour, add some bodykits but please no spoilers. Rims, cosmic upgrades and neons for the love of god NO!
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

i just want body-kits with custom colors (like the run... i think... :| )
and some clean performance upgrades (i mean performance upgrades not EMPs and spikes)

neons?... spoilers?.. no...just no.
wicken
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wicken »

Navid_A1 wrote: neons?... spoilers?.. no...just no.
Need for Speed World is a nightmare in that aspect hehehe :lol:
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

wicken wrote:The only costumization that I want is: ability to change car color, add some bodykits but please no spoilers. Rims, cosmic upgrades and neons for the love of god NO!
All I want its to be able to have vinyls layers and colors..its all about custom paintjobs for me..i don't care about the tuning and stuff and I'm speculating its my opinion based on what I read soo far and rumors.

about the preview , we don't know anything yet..everybody its being playing the same build and that preview just comes from a gamer opinion like you and me clearly the editor its not happy and calls it more of the same well i don't think more of the same its a new term when it comes to nfs this days..honestly the game is hot pursuit put together with what was missing from the game, such open world offline pursuits, better physics that includes jumps and stuff and the limited customization options..i'm not surprise by it..as need for speed has become the call of duty of racing games.but the million dollar question its :

How can need for speed feel new and innovative?.. everything has being done in my opinion ,unless they add spaceships to it.full customization brought back that's nothing new its already being done,hot pursuit brought autolog to the table..unfortunetly for critics/gamers alike that wasn't new to them and this is what happens when a game series become a franchise with yearly releases it gets burned out..whats new in this need for speed i agree Ferrari its back.

How about the idea of "what's old becomes new", most arcade racers nowadays are going open world so bring back the circuits tracks ,the beautiful locations around the world and all of that,and that's the only way nfs in my opinion can feel fresh again sure its a risk but this is a franchise its bound to be profitable regardless of anything.

Can you guys imagine a HD remake of nfs 3,nfs high stakes and hot pursuit 2 all in a collection pack?! :shock:
wicken
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wicken »

Hold on, that article isn't telling us the whole picture. It looks like it will be something similar to NFS Most Wanted 2012 again but just with a few new options.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

wicken wrote:Hold on, that article isn't telling us the whole picture. It looks like it will be something similar to NFS Most Wanted 2012 again but just with a few new options.
the developers said in an interview we look at the underground series to implement some sort of customization in the game , Ferrari its involved for a reason..but i'm more than sure that we wont see body kits, spoilers and all of that..i wish we had a deep paint job system and throwing some minor modification like a couple of full car bodykits(the run) and maybe a few spoilers..kinda like gran turismo..which sounds almost the same in terms of the customization you can do.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
wicken wrote:Hold on, that article isn't telling us the whole picture. It looks like it will be something similar to NFS Most Wanted 2012 again but just with a few new options.
..i wish we had a deep paint job system and throwing some minor modification like a couple of full car bodykits(the run) and maybe a few spoilers..kinda like gran turismo..which sounds almost the same in terms of the customization you can do.
same wish here... plus a little bit of performance customization... and minus the spoiler part (it's actually part of the body-kit).
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:
Phantom_pain33 wrote:
..i wish we had a deep paint job system and throwing some minor modification like a couple of full car bodykits(the run) and maybe a few spoilers..kinda like gran turismo..which sounds almost the same in terms of the customization you can do.
same wish here... plus a little bit of performance customization... and minus the spoiler part (it's actually part of the body-kit).
Ferrari doesn't like customization on their cars, therefore we are not getting anything deeper.like they said change the rims and add some decals and custom licence plates...that's it.
georgimz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by georgimz »

Phantom_pain33 wrote:
Ferrari doesn't like customization on their cars, therefore we are not getting anything deeper.like they said change the rims and add some decals and custom licence plates...that's it.
Yeah. I also think that this will be the customisation of the car. Personaly I prefer to have more misions, cars and tracks than a lot of useles customisation and stuff like neons.
wicken
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wicken »

You're joking right? Didn't Forza already had visual and performance costumization for their Ferrari's?
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

wicken wrote:You're joking right? Didn't Forza already had visual and performance costumization for their Ferrari's?
i never played the forza series ,i read that forza does have visual customization like a deep custom paint job system,which its pretty much what i want in this game ,it will be great to see everybody with a custom paint job.but this game engine ,since it has a real dark,realistic gritty look imo i believe there's no point in adding custom paint job aside from the fact that you'll be constantly crashing and getting smashed around by other players/AI (cops and racers alike) even tho they have repair stations , which this time work like burnout paradise they repair your car completely instead of repairing and changing the color which led me to believe that in those safe houses once your in, you gonna be able to do some for of visual customization.

Its clearly there focus here its alldrive and autolog again...i hope something comes up before gamescom and we don't get another extended trailer like we just did yesterday.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Forza does have bodykits, but mainly for Japanese cars and "tuner" cars
High end exotics don't have bodykits as such.
Only options you have there are rims (several styles and brands (20+ brands or so) race spoilers and front splitters.
And that is what you can do about in terms of body etc.
Other then that it has the biggest paint/vinyl system there is, and other visual options are lowering (coilovers etc) and big brake kits.
The closest thing to a Ferrari with a real bodykit in Forza is a Alfa Romeo Brera with Novitec Rosso bodykit.

So in short, no Forza never had real customisation for Ferrari.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ThunderScrambler »

Aww yeah, they have revealed it! :)
http://www.needforspeed.com/news/bringi ... need-speed

That is just what i wanted.
Not too much, not too little in my opinion.

Astonishing.
It may be a livery, but i am fine with that (because i can't even create a nice one).

We can also see the liscense plate.

Now here's a let down.
RETAIL EXCLUSIVES!

Come on, why again?
I don't want to be jealous. :|
Oh well, i guess it's to support the retailers.

For me, this is good news, because we do not need to look like total douchebags.
It is maybe not as big as we expected, but it is stil a great addition to what we got
last year.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

Aaahhh... nice.!

now if we could just have a couple of un-editable body kits... nothing too fancy... like a race package of some sort... porsche gt3 has a factory race package in real life...
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Looking good , but i wanna make my own custom liveries ,for me its the best part of customization so i'm still waiting for more details.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

i think you can make your own liveries phantom
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Navid_A1 wrote:i think you can make your own liveries phantom
Its about time we get new information on this game,but it seems what they showing is the current gen version of the game anywho looking forward to the full reveal Tuesday at GamesCom.i hope you can design our own liveries with vinyls and stuff because that's how we gonna be able to really differ in the game.
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

so today at gamescom EA/Ghost show new gameplay ,including customization and you can create your own paint jobs and stuff,which is more deeper than most wanted,so this guys were not playing when they said you can personalized your car.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

it would be very nice if we could have one or two pre-designed body kits to go along custom paint jobs.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Navid_A1 wrote:it would be very nice if we could have one or two pre-designed body kits to go along custom paint jobs.
If they have these mods like Aero Body kits from MW 2012,
then they have to. :D
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Navid_A1 »

ThunderScrambler wrote:
Navid_A1 wrote:it would be very nice if we could have one or two pre-designed body kits to go along custom paint jobs.
If they have these mods like Aero Body kits from MW 2012,
then they have to. :D
yes... but i meant body kits that actually are body kits... you know... visually.
in MW the aero body was just a stat change.
ThunderScrambler
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

That's what i meant too. :lol:

Return to “Rivals”