Locked at 30 FPS on PC?

2013 Need for Speed Rivals
Mato1987
Ricer
Ricer

Locked at 30 FPS on PC?

Post by Mato1987 »

I just read in some newspost the rivals will be locked at 30 fps on PC...
This was the case with most wanted too, but a patch almost half a year after the release resolved this issue.
If this is the case and the game is locked on 30 fps Iam cancelling my preorder.
Navid_A1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Locked at 30 FPS on PC?

Post by Navid_A1 »

Mato1987 wrote:I just read in some newspost the rivals will be locked at 30 fps on PC...
This was the case with most wanted too, but a patch almost half a year after the release resolved this issue.
If this is the case and the game is locked on 30 fps Iam cancelling my preorder.
yep!... it's true.
its on several news sites.

:?
Mato1987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mato1987 »

That's a huge shame, I was very interested in this game, but if it's locked on an awful choppy 30 fps, Iam not interested anymore...
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

Wasn't The Run 30 FPS too?
Mato1987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mato1987 »

Yep, didn't buy it too
TGxAltair
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TGxAltair »

I'd have bought this on PC but as it happens I'm getting it on 360, locked to 30FPs on PC is disappointing.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

From a post on reddit, it seemed the game is basically run on "frames"... as in it's not internal clock, but by frame count.

Someone modified the files to double the framerate, and the game doubled in speed (you're moving twice as fast, time tick twice as fast, etc) which is probably why they locked it down to 30.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that it's "easier to sync" for the new "seamless multiplayer" Easy-Drive system. That is still a retarded excuse however...

Using the amazing Frostbite 3 by DICE, NOT giving you the option to enhance your PC's graphical abilities is a complete failure on Ghost's part...
Riznitch
Stock
Stock

Post by Riznitch »

game still looks awesome at 30 FPS. Hard enough to synch bad latency and FPS all together.
Mato1987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mato1987 »

zedex wrote:From a post on reddit, it seemed the game is basically run on "frames"... as in it's not internal clock, but by frame count.

Someone modified the files to double the framerate, and the game doubled in speed (you're moving twice as fast, time tick twice as fast, etc) which is probably why they locked it down to 30.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that it's "easier to sync" for the new "seamless multiplayer" Easy-Drive system. That is still a retarded excuse however...

Using the amazing Frostbite 3 by DICE, NOT giving you the option to enhance your PC's graphical abilities is a complete failure on Ghost's part...
I've seen some video on youtube where the game was running at 120 fps and the game was like speedy gonzales on steroids, it was broken as hell...It's a shame, because I liked the videos and everything about it until I learned it's locked at 30 fps...I will avoid this nfs
StonedMagician
Stock
Stock

Post by StonedMagician »

I made a petition to make the game run normally at 60FPS on PC. Just Google "need for speed rivals pc 60fps petition", and it will be the FIRST result. Maybe the community can make a difference.
Mato1987
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mato1987 »

Hello,
I just wanted to say that we were heard at the answerHQ.com
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed ... /true#M750
They are looking into it and we can expect a fix in the future, if the patch for the 60 fps will be ready and implemented I will consider to buy the game

Return to “Rivals”