Unable to run Porsche Unleashed with Enhanced Patch

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed.
Be sure to search first!
Game-R
Stock
Stock

Unable to run Porsche Unleashed with Enhanced Patch

Post by Game-R »

After installing "Porsche Unleashed 1st Enhanced Version 3.5.2004031" whenever I try to start a race, the program would crash and display the following :

FILE_size - unable to open file .\gamedata\simulation\cardata\935race.sim
[FILE=\real\cmn\hlsfile.c,LINE=116]

I've already tried reinstalling Porsche Unleashed and the patch but with no results. The only solution was to play without the Enhanced Patch :(

Computer Stats:
Pentium 3 550MHz
256 SDRAM
GeForce Pro
SB Live!
Windows 98SE

Can anyone help me here please?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Why don't you ask directly the Patch's creator (hwoever that is)? He will probably ave an idea of what it might be.
For what I can find out it is a problem with a file.
throwaway0913248
Stock
Stock

Re: Unable to run Porsche Unleashed with Enhanced Patch

Post by throwaway0913248 »

Sorry for posting to this dead thread, but it's the first hit in google when searching for the error message - hopefully someone will find this helpful.

On my machine, this error was fixed by copying the complete GameData folder on the Porsche CD to the installation directory. Part of the GameData folder should already be there and can safely be merged / overwritten. Interestingly, on my machine, the files GameData\CarModel\cop993.crp and GameData\Music\zzzymus.viv couldn't be copied - no crashes because of those files so far.

I'm working on a Windows 7 64-Bit machine with NFS Porsche (Original) patched to version 3.5.20040310 and without compatibility mode.
videogietatof
Ricer
Ricer

-

Post by videogietatof »

Hi all I installed Batllefield 1942 with Windows 10, but when the game starts, I only see a black screen and the game shut down. What can I do? Thanks

Return to “Help & Support”