NFS: Underground 2 official thread.

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Screenshots: Im bored of seing always the same scenario (this downhill with the house in the left)
Videos: Too bad quality, 1,5mb each one. I like the music. And it is shown to you some pre-made cars because it is the demo. I liked to see that asian girl again, in loading page :D
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

i saw the videos, something i dont like here, i wished i can enter the garage with my car not just stop in a pink marker in front of it.
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Under a Bridge, Iceland or somewhere in Europe or to be more accurate in England

Post by widebody x »

i was on electronic-arts.de and translated it and look what i found !

Different and together connected quarters subdivided is. It goes at the same time through serpentine good hills in the suburbs or over the hard asphalt of the inner cities. A row of passable city freeways connects the quarters together. Constructing Gameplay: who does not want to make itself a name in the Underground? But first one must find an opportunity to prove its ability. Race can everywhere and always take place. The player encounters its rivals on the street and learns here where he can buy the hottest upgrades or can participate in the angesagtesten racing. New Gameplay-modes: three new game modes are added the Rundkurs-, Drift- and Drag-stretches of the last year and demand the player in numerous disciplines out. Leistungstuning: the achievement of the vehicle can be revalued in all areas. In addition the game of accessories part licensed hundred offers and enables the player so to assemble the given as an ultimatum Gefährt. The hottest vehicles: done-vehicle of the angesagtesten manufacturers - of Nissan motor Co., Toyota™, Mitsubishi motor and other - be named desired are more than thirty available. What on the street the measure of all things is, is also in the game of the Renner. Visual modification: the visual formation possibilities was doubled in comparison with the preceding year almost - the player stand endlessly many combination possibilities to the decree. Audio-upgrade-wing doors Underground, Spoiler, floodlight, side joke, vehicle roofs, motor hood, rims, fender widening, neon and much more - what goes at the real vehicle, goes also in Need for Speed Underground 2. Environment variety: an unique atmosphere with different go conditions and stretch conditions offers each of the five quarters in Need for Speed Underground 2. Streets surface real time-hindrancess weather effects and hindrancess will trot hold the player of mornings until evenings on. Online: players can set its call on the game and can measure himself with the best racers of the world Online - for PC, the PlayStation®2** and the Xbox.

fender widening that a good feature but whats side joke?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

What is exactly "fender widening"?? I dont understand this expression. Please try to explain me in other words. Thanks ;)
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Under a Bridge, Iceland or somewhere in Europe or to be more accurate in England

Post by widebody x »

fenders are these 'things' on a car heres a pic of one
Attachments
DC-Conversions%20widebody%20MR2.jpg
(51.2 KiB) Downloaded 3074 times
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

if you want to see some good widened fender... look at the audi's

compare the RS6 with the A6... and you will see it... :D

advantage: more agressive look and more important you can fit wider tires wich in the real world is a good thing...

btw widebody did you use a translator for this... cause there are some rather easy words not translated...

maybe the sidejokes are a translate error...

Im looking for it on google and on the germa EA site
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Thanks widebody, I get it!
Yeah it is an excellent feature. As I said (and some other users) I think we will be able to make our "own widebodys" by parts.
About the german translation I could ask my mother, she was born in Germany and she is a german teacher :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

What are floodlights & side jokes? I'd also like to see a police station, since we are in a city... If there's Burger King, there must be a police station somewhere in the city...
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

floodlights = neons
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

lol.... there must be a police station if there is a burger king... hahahha maybe they have a mcdonalds, since it was advertised in nfsu1.... as long as the city looks like a city, im happy.... i hope there are side roads too1!!!
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Floodlights are not neon's ^Sparco^.... Floodlights are the bright lights you see people put on Jeeps and Trucks and stuff, or the really big lights that go on rally cars.

Least that's my definition of them.

And there are sideroads(short cuts), pretty much like in U1, cept it's all free roam. Which is hella fun to drive BTW, even in the demo where they only have 1 part of the city open.
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King

Post by widebody x »

theres no point of a police station without police
barracuda7110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by barracuda7110 »

ed'dy wrote:I am in a serious need of buying a new one, i have a GeForce4 MX440, lol.
I can't even see the crowds in NFSU1, so maybe NFSU2 won't even work.
Hell i also got gf4mx. I hope nfsu2 will work on this card. I cannot afford buying for ex gf fx 5600 :(... but probably nfsu2 will look like nfsu1 on gf2mx (non-round wheels et).
100% dissapointed :/
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

huh? i've got a geforce 3 and the crowds do work!
DrewBoi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DrewBoi »

i have seen the new vids on ign and i have to say that the gameplay has gone up from the little menu in nfsu... its so kewl to have like messeges sent to your phone.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Common... this is not a GFX card TOPIC... stop bringing up these things about what a card can and can't DO...

we got a topic(sticky) for that in OFF-TOPIC!!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

me wrote:What are floodlights & side jokes?
Still one more, what are side jokes?
Killer Instinct
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Killer Instinct »

Andre_online wrote:
me wrote:What are floodlights & side jokes?
Still one more, what are side jokes?
Probably a mistranslation of Side Skirts :)
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Ahh true I never thought of that. It is just a translation, and things like BabelFish don't really translate things properly, just literally. You have to understand that sentences don't come out right and things like that. It's possible that the translator read it as floodlights and side jokes, and it really means NEON and SIDE SKIRTS.

good thinkin KI
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King

Post by widebody x »

so lets see what new different areas of the car you can mod, tune and new features.
  • Scissor doors,Audio uprgrades,Windscreen Neon,Hydralics (maybe thats what i heard in this topic),Engine Neon,Truck slots,A dyno,part Tuning,Buy individual parts,damage,free-roaming city.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Windscreen neon?? :shock:
I have seen neons almost everywhere, but never in the windshield!
Where is the evidence? Show me a screenshot of that.
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King

Post by widebody x »

yes windscreen neon, look here at http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/ne ... erground2/ and look in media and footage 2 and 1, in footage 1 one 240sx has green neon pulse windscreen neon and in footage 1 the black car i cant identify has green neon pulse windscreen neon. look for your self

EDIT: has anyone seen this underground 2 screenshot?
Attachments
64.jpg
(13.13 KiB) Downloaded 3149 times
skyline_350z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline_350z »

widebody x wrote:yes windscreen neon, look here at http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/ne ... erground2/ and look in media and footage 2 and 1, in footage 1 one 240sx has green neon pulse windscreen neon and in footage 1 the black car i cant identify has green neon pulse windscreen neon. look for your self

EDIT: has anyone seen this underground 2 screenshot?
You're right man, cool find. I'd never heard of it.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

i dont knwo if anyone aksed this before, im not goign to look thru 60+ pages . but is the release date of NFSU2 the same as the console versions as the game??? cause on the official site i see it sayas, only comming to, PS2 xbobx and gamecube.. so if anyone knows tell me
widebody x
Drift King
Drift King

Post by widebody x »

yeah i think it is

Return to “Underground 2”