NFS: Underground 2 official thread.

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

It is a fu*king, wavey, ugly, grey and crappy EA games spoiler.
End of discussion.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

let's just hope there will be damage mode in nfs:u 2...that way would be more interesting
but i'm allready dreweling all over :lol: :lol:
Texhnolith
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Texhnolith »

jemc wrote:let's just hope there will be damage mode in nfs:u 2...that way would be more interesting
but i'm allready dreweling all over :lol: :lol:
Damage was said to be in the game. In one movie I saw the boot flip open. But thats all I saw so far.
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

there will be no damage in the game. Read the article somewhere on homepage.
What's the demo like? Which car/s modes?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Dragster wrote:there will be no damage in the game. Read the article somewhere on homepage.
There is damage. Confurmed in an interview on IGN...I believe and there is no demo...other than then one coming with Burnout 3 for PS2.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

I wonder when IGN is going to post Part 2. of their weekly seiries of Underground 2. It has been a week now since Part 1. was added. Oh and has anyone seen the pic of the green Mustang at Gamespot yet. It is totally awesome :!:
Texhnolith
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Texhnolith »

Dragster wrote:there will be no damage in the game. Read the article somewhere on homepage.
The PS2 demo has the damage option in the menu
but its deactivated so cant turn it on.
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Tex is correct. And yes there will be a demo despite what all the tossers are saying and what your all believing. I swear every day theres some more shiznit up here that one of you gets from some random site and claims it to be the truth. Don't believe everything you read, or anything for that matter.

I believe what I get told from my EA contact(same with Texh I'm sure). There WILL be a demo, hopefully by the end of the month for both PS2 and PC.

And if anyone would like me to disprove the statement about a demo ONLY coming with Burnout 3, I can go downstairs and get the one thats sitting next to the PS2 or reach up and grab the spare demo I have from my CD collection and scan it to show you. Which I'm sure all of you would rather enjoy.
RebornGG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RebornGG »

im just gonna echo what everyone else is saying, it was also confirmed in an interview GG done with EA that damage WAS in the game.
Qyntel
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Qyntel »

please, lets get off this pointless Spoiler talk, its getting nowhere - no one is going to admitt they're wrong so we'll all have to wait and see...

who's got some different news?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I rest my case... I think all of you are right about the spoiler, it's my mistake... IT IS a designed spoiler, and it is CF-made. I would like to apologise to everyone for my mistake. Image

Image Click here for the screenshot
Jaguar617
Stock
Stock

Post by Jaguar617 »

jus finished reading IGNs passport part 2, and somehting that caught my eye was: There are 30 licensed cars in the game, many of which have yet to be revealed. i kno ea aint released a official car list yet, but i have gone through screen shots, movies and car lists (i have ALOT of time on my hands!) and i have counted 28 cars. i wont post the list i made, but from the 2 games i made a total of 34 cars that may be in u2, 4 of which i aint seen in u2 screens that were in u1 (Acura, Neon, S2ooo, Integra), and 2 that have been said that might be in u2 ( vauxaul corsa and audi a3). and i kno other sites have said more/less than 30/40 cars may be featured, i jus wondered wot u lot think about that if 30 is a definate number? (not sayin it is). it dont leave much for us to be suprised with when the game comes out if most people kno at least 28+ cars allready. -=J=-
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Acura RSX has has been discovered recently if I'm not mistaken... This is the proove, click here. Take a look at the METALLIC GOLD car, it seems like the RSX to me. Image
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Gee . . . it's a bit hard to tell.

All I can see is the RX-8.

(btw, it's proof, not proove)
ragnar_battlehammer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ragnar_battlehammer »

just wondering if anyone else has played the game street racing syndacyte (SRS) on ps2?

i got it a while ago, and found it so hilarious that it is basically everything NFSU2 is supposedly going to be. full on free roaming city, nfsu style customisation, etc etc. if you guys want to get an idea of what NFSU 2 will sort of be like, i suggest you give it a try. after playing SRS i found that it seems like ea have got the idea for there game from them! :lol: or maybe SRS got there idea from NFSU? and made it better? SRS even has the DYNO feature of NFSU2!!

(edit) ok after reading this http://xbox.ign.com/articles/552/552432p1.html
its really uncanny the similarties to SRS, SRS even has the PDA feature. :lol:
Last edited by ragnar_battlehammer on 08 Oct 2004, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Jaguar617
Stock
Stock

Post by Jaguar617 »

i agree with both of u, i normally go by clear pics, but it could be the acura, or it also looks like the back of the infiniti or tiburon - hard to tell at that distance and its a bit blurred.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

ragnar_battlehammer wrote:just wondering if anyone else has played the game street racing syndacyte (SRS) on ps2?

i got it a while ago, and found it so hilarious that it is basically everything NFSU2 is supposedly going to be. full on free roaming city, nfsu style customisation, etc etc. if you guys want to get an idea of what NFSU 2 will sort of be like, i suggest you give it a try. after playing SRS i found that it seems like ea have got the idea for there game from them! :lol: or maybe SRS got there idea from NFSU? and made it better? SRS even has the DYNO feature of NFSU2!!

(edit) ok after reading this http://xbox.ign.com/articles/552/552432p1.html
its really uncanny the similarties to SRS, SRS even has the PDA feature. :lol:
I once read an article... The article said that EA started making NFSU2 WHILE making NFSU1, so I'm presuming SRS stole the idea from EA Games... :P
ragnar_battlehammer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

yeah it really is a hard one to pick, who got the idea from who. but it would have been hard for SRS to have stolen the idea from ea, when there was no info about the game when SRS was made. unless they broke into ea headquaters or something. but its hard to think its a coincedence, all you have to do is play SRS and you will see what i'm talking about, its nearly a replica (except for graphics and car handling, handling in SRS is crap, but nfsu is good) the only feature i havn't seen in NFSU 2 thats in SRS is the ability to get girlfriends :lol: in SRS you can do tasks for chicks hanging around the city, and if you complete them they become your girlfriend and hang with you. you even unlock cool striptease videos of each girl :lol:

would be quite funny if it turns out this feature is in NFSU2.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I think Andre's pic contains a Infiniti.
ragnar_battlehammer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

for those that want to check it out, this is SRS (street racing syndacite) might be a game to check out for all those craving NFSU2, its why i got it, because it looked so much like NFSU

http://srs.namco.com/
Last edited by ragnar_battlehammer on 08 Oct 2004, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
ragnar_battlehammer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

lol yeah the graphics suck balls, and the handing is crap as all hell, but other then that it is a great game. i just can't wait to see NFSU2 because it will add the great graphics and handing that SRS lacks. although im sure the graphics would be better on PC, i've only played it on ps2.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Since we are in NFSU2 discussion thread I wont talk about other games.
I think that yellow car in the pic is an Acura RSX.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

If you're referring to my screenshot, then I'm in your league Dani! 8)

@ragnar: If you're unaware, maybe because you've been away for too long, SRS Discussion Thread has been posted in the Off-topic section. It's been over a month, but you at least get to see other people's veiw. Just don't post anything, otherwise the thread will be locked. :D
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

The car in the picture Andre posted is obviously a RSX.
GirlRacer17
Stock
Stock

Post by GirlRacer17 »

hey people, i kno what im about to say is off topic, but i thought you people would like to hear it:

after pm'in spak about how he treats people in this forum, and this NFSU2 post in particular, this is the reply i got:

In conclusion your a stupid b**** who has no idea what she is talking about and best keep focused on her own business.

its so nice to post and read threads in a forum moderated and administrated by someone who insults your gender and intelegence... and have nobody do anything about it.

Return to “Underground 2”