Hidden Race Finder Project

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
Moosehead115
Ricer
Ricer

Hidden Race Finder Project

Post by Moosehead115 »

I want to start a project to mark all the possible locations for "hidden" races on a map so that they are easier to find (narrow the areas you woul dhave to look) For this purpose i created a map with a grid overlay, the GRIDS are numbered, not the lines, so if you remember/know where there are some HIDDEN races (they do not give you an icon on the mini-map normally) then leave them in the format of
(X, Y) <Area> <Details>

X and Y are labelled clearly on the map given.

Area is the area the person on the phone gives you, and details are if the grid doesnt fall perfectly on where it is, say "the little part to the left.."
"middle of the intersection" etc.

When enough have been gathered i will make sectional maps with the seperate areas marked off and race locations marked. I will probably mark the shop locations as well to make the map more useful.

Anyways leave your comments or suggestions, and any information you have, i dont have time to play the entire game and find all the hidden races, this will work MUCH better as a group effort.
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

I don't know about the hidden races but maybe you can add an area finder to this like for example where the HELL is Hotel Plaza :D
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

With the existence of Global Map i think it's a moot point to do the project. ;)
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

Global map? What am I missing here?

I've seen the ones with the shops and some races, none with the 'zones' of the map. and Hidden races don't show on the map in game.

I wonder if something like the one for NFS:U1 can be done.

I mean this one http://www.nfsu-trackmap.de.vu/
renegade8
Stock
Stock

Post by renegade8 »

do you want screen shots of the actual locations so you can overlay them in photoshop and get an exact reference? or just grid coordinates? I have been taking screens of my new start and so in a couple days I should have a good chunk of stage 2 done.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

mindless fools...this wont help at all. just play the game for its fun. fun defined as:
finding hidden races
racing outruns
fiding cash and info
taking good mag pix
getting the best sponsor
knowing when 2 change your initial car
spending your money WISELY
tuning your performance setting

Just play the game!!
ez4u2nv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: If I told you, you wouldn't know, so why should I tell you

RE: to original thread

Post by ez4u2nv »

Or where the heck is the stadium? Cause when i played it, i found every other area probably but the stadium.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

lol. game ruiners. Cant play without guides. Thats no fun.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

You don't even need to find the hidden races because you can just play them in the next stage ...

Enter garage > Select World Map > Select Stage > Enter Not Completed Races > Immediately Restart the Race so you get cash/reputation ...
Whizza
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Whizza »

here ya go just go to your world map and push down n it will how you the hidden races you missed an if you know that then just look at ya map to pin point it
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

see, u really dont need that map. its just another thing that ruins the game. just play the game with however many *limited* options u may think it has. it'll all turn out good in the end.
AcidDog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by AcidDog »

obviously there are two schools of thought on this topic.
1. People should just play the game, and find the races themselves. Don't use guides or maps etc...
2. People who want to find everything, and want to finish the game at 100%.

I belong to the second school. I have finished the game already and have missed more than one hidden race.
It would just be a useful tool when replaying the game, to actually do the races without having to go back into world map all the time. Without having to try and remember where all the races are.

Just a thought... use it don't use it... 8)
Om3n-PL
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Om3n-PL »

Flameking wrote:lol. game ruiners. Cant play without guides. Thats no fun.
of course its fun.. but you just know were the hiddenraces are now or will if this works out
ants
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ants »

C8H10N4HO2O2, you dont have to start this project. All you gotta go is go into Career mode then go to world Map (not ingame) and scroll down the lists for each stage. The races that say not completed are hidden races.
thunderbolt
Drift King
Drift King

Post by thunderbolt »

or you can just aimlessly wonder around the city as is did at the beginning. :lol: it helps you navigate on your own anyway so you might as well, i find the GPS thingy annoying as, i only ever use it to find showcase events.
just remember that hidden races dont show up on the map anywhere, you can drive around to look for them, it might take a while. :P
renegade8
Stock
Stock

Post by renegade8 »

AcidDog wrote:obviously there are two schools of thought on this topic.
1. People should just play the game, and find the races themselves. Don't use guides or maps etc...
2. People who want to find everything, and want to finish the game at 100%.

I belong to the second school. I have finished the game already and have missed more than one hidden race.
It would just be a useful tool when replaying the game, to actually do the races without having to go back into world map all the time. Without having to try and remember where all the races are.

Just a thought... use it don't use it... 8)
you are 100% on! I finished the game too but want to replay it multiple times with different cars just for the heck of it. I don't have hours to spend driving around town looking for hidden races. There are other things to do and this would just allow you to get good replay value out of the game.

this is a lot closer to the game core than firing up the money program and getting everything you want don't you guys think? peeps should be happy people still want to play the game for what it is instead of cheating to get money and then who cares at that point.
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

If you are serious about this project, you might want to get with this guy:
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=4565
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

As per the specific areas of the map I was bored and made the map over here
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=4332
Lucky
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lucky »

Hey I have an idea! Go to world map! haha

Return to “Underground 2”