NFSU 2 Questions

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFSU 2 Questions

Post by influx »

Ok I tried reading the FAQ but it seems way too big and some of these questions may be answered or may not be:

Just read about 2 pages of the Players Thoughts on NFSU2 thread which has brought me to these few questions:-

What is a sleeper?
What is a URL? (might be in FAQ)
What is Street-X? (might be in FAQ)
What is aesthetics?
What are rotaries?

And one thing I'm very curious about is how is multiplayer in NFSU2 compared to NFSU1 like? Is there still ghost cars that slide at a corner and just make you crash or has that been fixed? And has the REP points been fixed on certain race types like Drag where the time is very close and the winner is often the person with the faster connection even though they didn't win? (I often found myself come first and then end up losing a lot of REP).

Sorry for acting stupid if I was.
Last edited by influx on 04 Jan 2005, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

Well, I can answer you first three questions but I'm afraid I dont do multiplayer so I wont be able to answer those. But from what I've heard some people are having problems with the filter settings and thus are not able to join races :roll:

Anyways, back to your Qs.
1. A sleeper is a car in which no (or negligible) visual modifications are done and instead undergoes huge performance upgrades. Here is a (very good)example from the "cars" section: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=3808

Q2 and Q3 are NFSU2 exclusive stuff.
URL is "Underground Racing Leauge." Basicaly its just a fancy name for going around in small-twisty-circles.
Street-X is a normal race conducted in a drift circuit.

Hope that helped!
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Thanks, that did help.

Still eager to learn what aesthetics are and rotaries. And in that link they mentioned how it was a Aeries K Car? Is that a brand like Nissan?
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I'm not sure about aesthetics, but a rotary is a type of engine (mainly used by Mazda).
Instead of using pistons, it has rotors.

Ask Sweeper about it, because he knows more about them than anyone else.
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

IMO aesthetics is a look thing. But I guess like all other things, its a matter of "taste."
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Thanks heaps! What exactly is drafting? (Reading the Players Thoughts thread)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

To explain drafting (aka slipstreaming):

When a car moves along, it creates a turbulence of air it it's wake. When you drive behind another car, you are facing less wind resistance because the car in front of you is pushing away all the air in front of it. This means that your car is exposed to a lesser amount of aerodynamic drag, and it lets you go slighty faster than you normally would. This tehnique is a vital part of motor racing, especially when racing on speedways, because it makes overtaking much easier.

It's sort of hard to explain, so I hope you get it.
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Thanks, yeah I get it.

So how is the Multiplayer on NFSU2 - regarding my question in first post and is the ranked system blocking Unique Upgrade cheaters?

And is tuner similar to ricer? If not what's the difference.

Also what does 'Dyno' mean? Thanks. :P
Crazy nfsu2 kid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Crazy nfsu2 kid »

What is turbo lag :?:

Return to “Underground 2”