What kinda street racer are you.

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2

Whats your style when tricking up a ride in Underground 1 & 2 (Or in RL if willing)

Confidant showoff (Does not matter because you'll win anyways)
19%
Reckless showoff (Dont care that people know what your using)
7%
Inconspicuous (I never let the compitition know about any of my mods)
48%
Risk taker A: (Im just hoping the compition doesnt know how to work around all my mods)
2%
Risk taler B: (I just hope I know what Im doing)
7%
No comment
17%

Total votes: 42

Kamikazi_Kate
Ricer
Ricer

What kinda street racer are you.

Post by Kamikazi_Kate »

Granted there are not alot of choices as far as performance upgrades in the games, I have to say that "if" I were a real street racer, that Id go for making my car look as unmodified as I can because then your not only underestimated, but you got that whole "I wonder what she's got under that thing." I also think that as far as real racing goes, if you let people know what you have, your basically giving them hints as to how to beat you (as everything in life, even car mods, have downsides)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

NO COMMENT
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

"Inconspicuous (I never let the compitition know about any of my mods)"
I guess that one, because I hate to use decals on doors.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

wtf this is deffinantly not weird
Jethrø
Stock
Stock

Post by Jethrø »

I know several people who are waht one might consider, a 'professional' street racer, if there is such a thing. they rely on the income they get from street racing to live. strangly enough. It dosent matter as much as you might think it does, having plastered you car with vinyls and decald and whatnot, you might look like a fool, but it surprisingly, depends all on the car. You put a metre long hks sticker on a carrolla, your gonna get laughed off the line, and prolly gonna lose too. but if your driving a skyline and have the same sticker, then its likely people will treat you more seriously.

but, that said, mines a slick ride, only two decals on the front and rear windows, and a racing stripe going along the car. i would say its more being ballsy then anything else, letting them know youve got something. oh yeah, and black rims. racing style to let people know your serious
proxnet
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by proxnet »

no comments...just go there and then beat all of 'em
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

i put no comment because i dont do anything of those. Im just a regular person, not to show off or get scared.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Inconspicious, sort of. I don't like super showy body parts or colors, but I do have some decals on the sides (or where ever suits best for a particular design).
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

no comment
ViperGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperGT »

I'm more than a confident showoff I could beat anyone on this site in a race

And I'll hold to that
Vladi
Stock
Stock

Post by Vladi »

I prefer a car that looks like stock car, but race like a real, highly tuned car.
The same is in real, everyday life: my car looks like stock car but has several improvements that only 2-3 people in my city have... I'm talking not only about Performance or Style improvements but about special lights and other special equimpent that are illegal on regular cars, unless you have special documents... 8)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

In the game, I guess I am inconspicious - I hate using decals. I like a good looking, understated ride.

In real life, I drive standard road cars, for 3 main reasons:

1. Insurance is much lower if the car is stock.
2. I can't afford to lose my licence (I drive approximately 40,000 miles a year for my job), hence I tend to stick to speed limits anyway (even though my second "standard road car" is capable of *cough* 150 MPH *cough*)
3. I draw a distinction between real life and arcade games. People who street race in real life are idiots who are putting other people's lives at risk IMHO (sorry if there are any real life street racers here - don't admit it, FFS). If you want to drive fast, do it on a track or at least on freeways when there is no one around, NOT in town centres or built up areas like they do in my country!
Last edited by DarrenR21373 on 20 Apr 2005, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Confidant showoff 8)
SkyZinne
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SkyZinne »

Do any of you guys wall ride? I only do it on certain turns of some tracks that are hard to make, but others I dont wall ride.
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

Sleeper
StoneBullet
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by StoneBullet »

Well as far as NFS goes a total ricer! You gotta get them stars! In real life I'd go for the sleeper look. Anyone ever seen that Skoda with RX7 engine?? ;) Or, a Fiat twin cam goes nicely into a Lada!!
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

inconspicious is good enough 4 me 8)
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

I want to see Skoda with RX7 engine :shock:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Risk taler B: (I just hope I know what Im doing)

Go there with what I got, don't care what other people think. I don't think of what I will do, just enjoy the show and hope for the best. :P
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

ViperGT wrote:I'm more than a confident showoff I could beat anyone on this site in a race

And I'll hold to that
Just out of curiousity, what do you drive?

And, well, I don't street-race. There's no point. My car is stock, and it's fast enough for what I use it for, but there's little to no pride in whatever I'd concievably beat. I have taken it to the drag strip once, just to see what it could do. I lost against the car in the other lane. And, in the unlikely event I became a street-racer (which is stupid, racing should be on a track), I'd drive a sleeper. Lull the victims into a false sense of arrogance. The look on your opponent's face would be far more amusing when you win.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

People who street race in real life are idiots who are putting other people's lives at risk IMHO
If you want to drive fast, do it on a track or at least on freeways when there is no one around
Nice contradiction.

In my opinion, I can see the thrill of street racing. I cant say for sure what the people where you live are like, but judging from other parts of the country Ive been to/lived in, I can honestly say Ive never seen someone race through a built up area.

Races Ive been involved with/witnessed have always taken place away from civilisation, and therefore away from the risk of injuring others.

As for people who make a living from street racing...well, tell them to put F&F down and go get a job.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

@Grez: I have no problems with any of what you said - exactly my point!

Problem is, around my area they were doing their showing off in a supermarket car park and then racing each other through the town centres when their meet had finished. OK, it was late at night, but it was still dangerous for us pub-goers who were WALKING (I hasten to add) home from the pub a little the worse for wear.

Now, I don't like The Fuzz any more than anyone else - I agree they should put their speed guns away and catch some murderers, rapists, burglars and muggers. But, after nearly being put into a ditch a little while ago by a reckless idiot in a BMW overtaking the on-coming traffic on a blind bend on a country road, my attitude to real-life driving has changed.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I don't care if they know it or not.
I got some other ace that I protect, to me engine power is nothing and driving technique is EVERYTHING!
Sure they can be faster on the straights but like Takahashi Ryosuke said.
Those who can only overtake on straights are Amateurs.
Those who can overtake in corners are Middle rank.
But true proffesionals master the 3rd point...

Now the 3rd point is what I rely on, I race tactically if the opponent is good, copying his line and rythm which puts a lot of pressure on the guy in front and then planning a good attack point which becomes the 3rd point!
Thats what pro's do, copying is not easy to do, it is very difficult as braking points, acceleration points, line taking and everything has to match to make a perfect copy.
Though some Ai opponents have copy protection, they start to speed up when I try to copy them ;)

But human players do not, often reaction I get when I start copying is that they up their pace to try and outrun me, and that my friends, often leads to a nasty crash and I pass them with ease.
You are at a disadvantage when leading a race ;)

As for real life street racing.
Well in Japan it is kinda "legalised" but not in town areas, they do it on Mountain Passes at nighttime so basically that is common knowledge to the average Japanese.
And they drift in the Mountain Passes, most Japanese JGTC drivers has a past of Touge (Mountain Passes) Racing even the drift king does (Keeichi Tsuchiya)

As for the American street racing, you cannot live off it thats for sure, F&F is unrealistic most real street races that happens is street drags.
they meet, honk 3 times, go on 3rd honk.
Race up till they see that the guy is not gaining anymore often a race doesn't last longer than 8 to 10 seconds before the leader slams on the brakes and the race is over.
The racers normally go separate ways so there is no more than that.

Welcome to the real world of street racing, I know there are some places where it is organised a bit better.
But true "proffesional" street racing is only found in Japan, I got a video of one such street race though it is low quality, it is a race between a R32 Skyline and a RX-7 (FC3S)
So for now, enjoy the FnF films and NFSU series street racing because it is not real...

But as for the street races I see here locally it is the local ricer club that does the job.
They drive their riced out wrecks through the streets with loud music and FnF style deluxe.
Sadly they closed off the main street at night in a hope to combat the problem.
The bad part that happened was that they moved one street up or lower which was in EVEN more populated areas.
I don't like that kind of Street Racing, it crosses the border to trouble causing punks instead of street racers.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

I disagree with people copying films, its pathetic. I enjoyed the film hannibal, but I dont feel the need to go start eating people.

We have a similar group of ricers in our town, who organise street racing (on a public message board I might add...) and try to make it out as if theyre living the F&F lifestyle. Im sure the producers are really proud that an old clapped out 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa is now filling Vin Diesels shoes.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:I disagree with people copying films, its pathetic. I enjoyed the film hannibal, but I dont feel the need to go start eating people.

We have a similar group of ricers in our town, who organise street racing (on a public message board I might add...) and try to make it out as if theyre living the F&F lifestyle. Im sure the producers are really proud that an old clapped out 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa is now filling Vin Diesels shoes.
LOL, Serioiusly? Are you serious that they do so? ROFL!
Thats got to be the best ever!
Got a link to the board? If you don't want to post it please PM it to me I would love to have a little laugh ;)

Return to “Underground 2”