V8 power from a V6 [Ford's TwinForce TT-V6]

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
HashiriyaGDB
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HashiriyaGDB »

Having fun lobbing artillery rounds at each other?

*Begins to read through the entire argument in order to bring it to an end*
"The 86 is a car that trains its driver." - Bunta Fujiwara
SuperString
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SuperString »

Ken, it seems you need to temper down abit, but that will come with years.
You're the one that isn't listening. I gave you a links with proof, tell you even a real life event, I can even send you mail form people who accualy test the cars, but you ignore things anyway, so why bother. I don't know if you're trying to be smart or your just stubborn, but I'll write one more time just in case: You gave me NO solid proof of automatic being better. NO figures, NO comparison videos, NOTHING. All you brought up was Falcon, and Grez brought up Supra, 2 cars, and I gave you the links of worlds greatest car manufactorers for most sold models. And just cause there are more automatics than manuals in the world, doesn't mean they are better.

As for craftsmanship, like it or not, Zondas engine (Mercedes engine) has surely more craftsmanship than Toyota Celica, Fiat Punto or Ford Falcon no matter how much you're going to tune. I'm more than sure that 90% of people in adult world would rather have an 911 turbo or XKR than, let say, supertuned 350Z or rabbit. As for wealth, I personaly HATE money and being rich ISN'T my goal (although my profession can surely grant me that), but it's true: more money, more honey. If you can afford Zonda, you can afford a top fuel dragster or even pure track built 911 (I took the car only as an example). AND NO, NO dumb person NO matter how rich he/she is gonna be, in my book, before some scientits for example. On the other hand, who said that wealthy people are morons??? Most of them have better education than we all are going to get or have.

You know what, this is really pointless. I'm no mechanic, but joined this forum cause, I saw there are some grown ups over here, like the Stig, who seem to be a really nice person btw, and ended in a argue with teenager (no offence, I'm betting you're not older than 19). When you'll reach my or Stigs age, you'll see things a bit differently. But, I wish you, really, that you'll be successful in your professional life. :)

In the end, you can take transmission type you want, I really don't care, I'll take manual anytime, but that's just my choice.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

actually i think he is older than 19 :-k . the only reason i chose a manual over a auto is so my stupid brother and sister cant drive it
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Right, Ive skimmed loosely through the last page or so, and it would appear that despite:
I've seen more countries than you did, and I drive surely longer than you are
You really dont know much about the national habits of driving. If you want to use your e-penis on me, I assure you mines bigger and more experienced. ;)

Im on a lot of US forums, and I moderate one too. Im also on a lot of UK-based muscle car forums, and those alone suggest that the majority of cars driven across the pond use an automatic transmission. Consider that especially when you consider the foumrs Im on are performance-based, so common sense would assume that the majority on those boards would be manuals. Then take into the fact that most people arent interested in performance, theyre concerned with the ease of driving.

In 2004, there were 472 cars per 1000 people on average in the whole of the EU, the highest being Luxembourg with 659 per 1000. In the USA, this number was 759 cars per 1000 people. Source
Drag racing is maybe a skill of engineering, but certanly not skill of driver, and if somebody tells me that drag is better proof than track, he/she can dig him/herself a grave and shoot in head. Only thing that can proove is how good you can shift. Driving for car enthusiasts is fun and should last longer than 10 or less seconds.
You had already proved yourself ignorant with your initial statement against drag racing, with that one youve proven yourself stupid. Clearly spoken by someone who has had no experience whatsoever with drag racing in any form. Let me ask you, how many forms of motorsport have you actually taken part in? Sat in front of your PC watching videos on streetfire doesnt count, I mean where youve actually competed in your own vehicle. Ive driven drift at a semi-professional level, and drag/track at an amateur level, with many of Europes top tracks under my belt (Donington, Silverstone, Nurburgring...). Drag racing is a game of reactions more than anything, and also a test of nerve. If you ever try it, youll realise how much pressure those gear changes carry with them when youre the underdog, looking out of your window and trying everything you can to stay in front. The engineering side of drag racing is just as technical as it is in any other motorsport, and moreso with concerns to aerodynamics.
I already said that I don't know if automatic is better in drag racing
Well Ill tell you then. They are. Case closed.
And yes, you'll see that many single digit cars run on manual (street able car aswel), now if i lie, than the people that build the cars lied also.
Some cars run on sequential manual transmissions, but I emplore you to find me a street-driven single digit car. Note I said street-driven, not street legal.
but in the end they are the suckers since Zonda driver is able to buy them + their car, he lives in better home and can have 90% of babes in town.
So thats the end of it? The opponent drives a more expensive car, therefore hes a better person? Ive beaten Ferraris, Aston Martins, BMW M6s, and I can tell you there isnt much in the way of a better feeling. It proves Im a better driver, and a better engineer. All theyve proven is that they have money.
What else? That "there would be more automatic", have we discused, I wasn't refering to all the cars in the world, but the cars on the tuning scene
Depends entirely on which scene youre talking about.
And to tell you a couple of stories from a real life if they can count...
So youre basing your whole argument of reliability on one tale of bad luck/poor buildmanship?
Maybe there are automatics that preforme better, but majority doesn't, and if you are mechanic, you know it.
Again, depends on the car, and the situation youre referring to. Its all good and well you calling Bogan an ''ignorant kid'', then using one blanket statement after another to validate your point. :roll:
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Thanks for the backup, but I have a feeling it still won't get through to him.

*sigh*
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Return to “The Cars”