New car?, want more performance or Looks? Come here and ask!

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I recommend getting your brakes first, which is needed to stop your monster. :wink:

Turbo's, intercoolers, camshafts, a good airfilter kit, a power boost valve..

You could basically do everything. :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I know... brakes are important that's why we are getting a set of Big rotor brakes but don't think we will do 250 (regular that is :P)

It all depends on my brothers budget when the car is bought
Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT »

Well first of all, what kind of driving will be done in the car?

Is it going to be a drag car, auto cross, or simply a fast street car? I can help tell you the kind of setup youre likely to need from there.

The factory brakes on the celica arent bad, get some cross drilled rotors and youll more than likely be fine.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It just has to be a fast street car. with looks and performance :D
Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

In that case, suspension wise, Id go for a simple set-up. No point buying track spec coil overs if its not going to see a track. Best option would probably be a sports kit, couple of hundred quid, will make the stability a lot better, and will drop the ride height of the car so it looks better.

Again, a simple brake setup will also do, either the way I mentioned earlier, or a sports brake kit. My method is cheaper, but the sports kits are better.

The Celica is already a fast little car, particularly the GT-Four. A new exhaust/induction kit is always the best start. Add a BOV to improve throttle response and cut down on turbo lag. Uprate the turbos, add an intercooler and a boost controller. Up the boost to about 1 bar. (bear in mind, this is a high boost setting for a celica. You may need forged pistons/rods etc to cope with this amount of boost). Alternatively, my friends is running at 0.8 bar, and is very quick indeed. Its not an ideal boost to be running on his car, because he has very little else done to the engine. Therefore, the turbo may not last very long.

With that done, I wouldnt put it past the car to be quicker than mine. Id guess youd be looking at low 13's, possibly even high 12's.

If you do buy forged internals, you could even buy some 28psi rated turbos. Put the boost to 1.4 bar, and you'd be away. Of course we're talking serious money here, and the possibility that it may not be the most reliable car on the streets, but it would be one of the quickest celicas around.

It all depends on the money he's willing to spend, the possibilities really are endless.

Hope some of that helps. :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

so to make it complete:

what do you advise: (ill keep it blank, just fill in :D if possible brand and type if you know it)

Exhaust: ...
Induction: ...
Suspension: ...
Turbo Timer: ...
Blowoff Valve: ...

Turbo: ...
Intercooler:
brakes: ...

now what I have found on fensport:

first:
Exhaust: Blitz Nur Spec (rear box or also intermediate pipe_
Induction: Blitz/Fensport SUS Stainless mesh Induction filter Kit
Suspension: Eiback Pro, Lowering set
blowoff valve: Blitz
Turbo timer: not a clue yet
after that
Turbo:Stage 2 CT26 (what ever that means... :P)
intercooler: not a clue yet
Brakes: ...
Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Exhaust: Blitz Nur spec (same as mine)
OR
HKS Super Dragger - £535

Induction: One of 3:
Blitz SUS - £131

Apex'i - £105 (same as mine)

HKS Super Power flow - £155

Suspension: Eibach lowering springs £174

Turbo Timer: HKS - £115

Blowoff Valve: HKS SSQ (same as mine)

Turbo: Im pretty sure its compatible
Blitz K1 - £1787

Intercooler: ARC - £950

brakes: Wouldnt worry about it for now.
HelmutLotti
Stock
Stock

Post by HelmutLotti »

I'm the brother of the Stig, and I would like to tell you. You are the first one I would like to show my car when it's done. Even when all the upgrades are exterior. R
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I see open air filters.. Be sure to put the filter at a good place, or buy a pipe that leads to the front bumper. You can easily lose power if the filter is on a bad place where it sucks heated air.

Or you could just buy filters with some shielding, like my brother has --> PiperCross Viperkit. It's a closed filter with carbon shielding with a pipe going to the bottom. It's better to place it in the front bumper, but there is no room there. :lol:

BTW, Stig, or HelmutLotti. You can also find stuff at Limpex Sport. It's located in the Netherlands, Tilburg, and they have lots of intresting stuff. :)

http://www.limpex-sport.nl

Ow yeah, and this is what I'm talking about.

http://www.pipercross.net/images/large_viper_ibiza.gif

And here is how it works :wink:

http://www.pipercross.net/viper_technical.asp
Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

PSZeTa wrote:I see open air filters.. Be sure to put the filter at a good place, or buy a pipe that leads to the front bumper. You can easily lose power if the filter is on a bad place where it sucks heated air.

Or you could just buy filters with some shielding, like my brother has --> PiperCross Viperkit. It's a closed filter with carbon shielding with a pipe going to the bottom. It's better to place it in the front bumper, but there is no room there. :lol:
The 3 there are all full induction kits. They include the filter plus bent piping which leads closer to the front of the car. I cant say how it works with in the Celica, but in the Supras, thats why people remove their headlights during a race. The Blitz one also has a huge heat shield covering it which isnt shown in that pic.
I'm the brother of the Stig, and I would like to tell you. You are the first one I would like to show my car when it's done. Even when all the upgrades are exterior. R
I cant wait to see it. Good luck with everything, and if you need something, ill try and help to help you out :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

thnx grez,

but removing the Headlighs could be a major challenge... :?

where the parts are bought It depends on where the car is bought, there is a big chance it is in th UK simple because the price is so much better, even with righthand steering :D
Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

lol you wont need to remove your headlights :D (although it is possible). Plus, if you really wanted to, you can fit pop up lights that have a cold air feed duct built in to them. Your easiest and by far best looking option would be to install a carlos sainz/ gt four bonnet.

Buying it here is a good idea :D We get fairly cheap parts because there is a large aftermarket for Japanese cars here. We get raped on insurance though :(
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yeah I know, we don't have such high insurance here.

if I compare the prices from the UK and here.

a avarage GT4 in the UK costs 4500 euro (3000 pounds)
here in the Netherlands: 10000 euro (6600 pounds)
and for that price you can buy a lot of nice goodies

the only thing that we have to pay for importing a car is a form of tax, and the licence plate etc
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT wrote: Your easiest and by far best looking option would be to install a carlos sainz/ gt four bonnet.
Spot on, m8! 8)

@stig - isn't the car going to be with the steering on the wrong side? Are you ok with that? In Germany or Switzerland they have Celicas for 5k euros for sure. Even check mobile.de, not to mention a german car is going to be better cared for than british (grez? - *hides!!!*).
Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

:lol: Actually, depending on the type of car you buy here depends on its condition. Celicas in general are in excellent condition, especially the st185 shape, simply because to the youth of today who rag their brains out, theyre not that desirable. Compare that to a classic shape impreza however, and youre looking at some knackered engines. :lol:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

we will look around (on Inet ofcourse) in germany also but it has to be a GT-four!

so tnx for the link Urq! ( I already tried autotrader but those blasted germans don't have autotrader... :S)

and you can get used to a righthand steered car pretty fast...
just ask grez... :P

luckely most GT-fours have a Carlos Saints bonnet :D
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by MikeFarrar »

Hey stig y dont u create one of those "lazy eye" effects that most drifters use with cars that have pop-up headlights. The headlights go halfway up and if done properly it looks really awesome! I think its pretty easy to do. I read in a magazine that all u had to do was change the wiring. Honestly, i dunno how to do this coz i never had a car with pop up headlights. Maybe u should try it out......

~Mike
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Lazy eyes make the lights look broken and mask the awesomeness of the flippity lights. Keep the lights as they are.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Drewb99 wrote: flippity lights.
Man that sounds stupid...
VPNeverLoser
Drift King
Drift King

Post by VPNeverLoser »

my brother's first car was Ford Contour V6 and what he first did to the car was and exhaust. Than he put an Air Filter Kit, Sound System like Subufers and better speakers, he lowered it but then selled the springs back cause it costs too much and had to pay to college and also he bought really nice gold 18' looking rims but he selled it as well :lol: also he put a huge wing and that was it. Now he selled a car and bought a Daewoo Lanos which already was slammed, exhaust, rotor brakes, and racing seats. Now he added a better airfilter kit, thecometer, put back his old sound system and subufers. Now he is pretty much decorating the inside of the car like pedals, neon lights above the pedals, and something else but i cant remember :lol:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Rice style, but I don't mind. It probably looks very cool. :)

My brother's car is very riced, but stuff for the engine is coming up. :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

He Grez,

There is just one thing we can't find...

nice bodykits and a spoiler/wing. for instance a supra style spoiler.

and knowing you are the best bodykit finder on the net :D

Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Well, Im back.

Mike: The lazy lights look very effective. It is a simple matter of unplugging the wires, manually lifting the lights to the height you want, then plugging the wires back in. Thats what Ive heard of someone who has done it anyway, I dont have first hand experience with that one, sorry.

Stig: Sure Ill have a look for you.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Hmm, this is difficult. The best Ive come up with so far is nothing more than a lip. Its only £543 for the full kit exc spoiler, which isnt too bad.

Simple, but effective. As for the spoiler, it wont take me long to find a universal Supra spoiler.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

well atleast it's more then I came up with... :D

the spoiler is probably perfect.

maybe I should pursade my brother to get a Celica T-205 GT-four atleast Veilside makes a body for that car :D and it is more powerfull stock

but the T-185 is also a nice thingy

Return to “The Cars”