Physics And Maneuvers in Undercover

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Re: Physics And Maneuvers in Undercover

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Forum-Kings!

"I thought You can read, but now I see, You cannot... & I'm not at all fighting about the Game... I want P"EA"ce!" 8)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The whole "I'm not buying this" by Andre.

Is not to be take literally, it's not about buying the game as in I won't go to the store and and this game.
It's a figure of speech, the I'm not buying it, means I don't believe what they say.
In other words Andre did/does not believe that all the cars feel differently, as stated by the EA producer.

I hope this clears it up a bit so we can go back to talking about the movie, and let this get a flamewar.
No one wants that. :wink:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Yeah... This was really confusing stuff 2 Me => You're right, THX & PEACE!" :roll: :o :) :wink:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TheStig wrote:The whole "I'm not buying this" by Andre.

Is not to be take literally, it's not about buying the game as in I won't go to the store and buy this game.
It's a figure of speech, the I'm not buying it, means I don't believe what they say.
In other words Andre did/does not believe that all the cars feel differently, as stated by the EA producer.
THANK YOU, thank you! Bless you, Stig. :)
Cross
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cross »

Well, I for one think the handling is quite nice. If you played last two speeds' you CAN'T complain about the handling. And another thing you should consider is that this car is probably properly tuned, which makes it go tight through corners, i'm sure if you wan't more simulationish handling you could't kinda make it like that. The last playable nfs is Most Wanted and this beeing his offspring i think i will enojoy this game.
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

[Off-Topic]This guy starts being annoying...Btw, dude, could you make the letters even bigger? :|[/Off-Topic]
prince1142003 wrote:
zdravkelja wrote:It's too much arcade, even for the NFS. Turning is toooooo easy. :(
We'l see.... :arrow:
Exactly how I feel. But maybe there's a way to turn it off and have the game feel better.
Like an M button? :lol:
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Andre_online wrote:
TheStig wrote:The whole "I'm not buying this" by Andre.

Is not to be take literally, it's not about buying the game as in I won't go to the store and buy this game.
THANK YOU, thank you! Bless you, Stig. :)
"You should think, before You talk & You should know: "I cannot read Your thoughts!" " :o :o :o :!:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

taz947 wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:
zdravkelja wrote:It's too much arcade, even for the NFS. Turning is toooooo easy. :(
We'l see.... :arrow:
Exactly how I feel. But maybe there's a way to turn it off and have the game feel better.
Like an M button? :lol:
What's an M button?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

the Button on a BMW M series car, which turns the car into race mode.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

TRANSFORMER wrote:"You should think, before You talk & You should know: "I cannot read Your thoughts!" " :o :o :o :!:
What on earth are you talking about? I'm really insulted by your comment.
prince1142003 wrote:What's an M button?
The M button on the BMW M-Series cars in real life, I think? That's all I could think of. :P

*EDIT
Oops! Stig posted faster than me. Haha! I wasn't stealing from you though Stig. I was busy quoting. LOL!
Last edited by Andre_online on 26 Oct 2008, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

TheStig wrote:the Button on a BMW M series car, which turns the car into race mode.
Heh, I learned something new today.

In regards to my original comment about being able to turn off the Heroic Driving Engine, I meant like a menu setting like in ProStreet, like turning off the driver assists.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

@Andre_Online! :wink:

"If You cannot read, I cannot help You!" #-o :arrow: [See Your 1st Comment on Site] => I was confused about it! :roll:
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

sorry but i agree with andre's first post!
cmon this handling looks like GTA's and i think its even more arcade than that!
cmon it has no touches with real life cars handling!
and everything is just too fast,car is moving to fast........did u see that so called drift.....whoa......tooooo
fast and it doesn't make sense at all!!! [-X [-X [-X
also i can see that handling is to sensitive.....its gonna be tricky to get use to that after pro street!!!
i don't belive that every car is going to have its unique hand.
why's that cuz the hand. is already arcade so whats the point while it has no relations to the real car handlings?!!
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

I think it gon be quite fun... Somehow like Guitar Hero :lol: (I'm serious and I like GH a lot)
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
steve30x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by steve30x »

Is there a higher quality version of this video. I also agree that the handling dont look right with the game in that video. The car turns like its on rails. Ive played every NFS game in existance and so far my favourite is Underground 2 when the Physics was almost on par with Gran turismo , From that game on the NFS games gradually went downhill. Im hoping Undercover starts the recovery of the NFS games Also whos stupid Idea was it not to have a demo of Undercover? How am I to judge wether to buy the game or not without a demo. Lastly I hope they support my Logitech G25 properly this time.
JToipa
Stock
Stock

Post by JToipa »

IMO, of what I've seen in the video we should consider also the camera angles, they are a little awkward and add to the feeling that the car handles like if it was going in a road full of oil.
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

They've tuned all the cars so each feels unique and worked 7-8 years on the physics. So what's not to like? Arcade? NFS has NEVER been a simulator. A quality physics engine and some sensitivity is anything but arcade, imo. But whatever, to each his own. I think it looks sweet and there's always going to be people who get their nose bent out of shape over a game they haven't even played.
steve30x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by steve30x »

JToipa wrote:IMO, of what I've seen in the video we should consider also the camera angles, they are a little awkward and add to the feeling that the car handles like if it was going in a road full of oil.
Never once looked like the road was oily. Ive watched the video through to the end right now and the handling looks very unrealistic. With a tap of the steering the car is turning sharp. I hope they include a simulation physics option in the game. Arcade handling is ok but not at the degree that Ive seen in that video. If the guy is going to rant on about the Physics of the game then show us real physics not Arcade Physics. This looks like another EA game that is being over hyped. (I hope not)
They've tuned all the cars so each feels unique and worked 7-8 years on the physics. So what's not to like? Arcade? NFS has NEVER been a simulator. A quality physics engine and some sensitivity is anything but arcade, imo. But whatever, to each his own. I think it looks sweet and there's always going to be people who get their nose bent out of shape over a game they haven't even played.
The guy is talking like its supposed to be real life physics so when someone talks like that about a game then its not supposed to have ARCADE physics in my opinion.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Wow that looks pretty nice, except when he said he was drifting it really seemed more like powersliding since he was only losing traction for about a second.

PS: Liking an NFS game or wanting to buy Undercover are not rules that you need to follow before you can sign up/post on NFSUnlimited. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and while I'm pretty sure I'll buy this, I can also understand why someone wouldn't.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Stingray24 wrote:They've tuned all the cars so each feels unique and worked 7-8 years on the physics. So what's not to like? Arcade? NFS has NEVER been a simulator. A quality physics engine and some sensitivity is anything but arcade, imo. But whatever, to each his own. I think it looks sweet and there's always going to be people who get their nose bent out of shape over a game they haven't even played.
Naive much? You should try Battlegear. It's a game which defines understeer, oversteer and powersliding with a dab of the handbrake and clutch at the right time, all illustrated throughout the game while you're driving.

Mind you, THAT'S an arcade game. If that game were to be released for consoles and PC, I'll not hesitate to buy it over Undercover.
Last edited by Andre_online on 26 Oct 2008, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.
steve30x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by steve30x »

Theres a high quality version of this video @ http://www.nfsplanet.com/nfsuc_movies.p ... 3&lang=eng
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

I'll take NFS any day of the week. Own every title and don't plan on missing the fun in this one. If NFS was a simulator, very few would have fun playing. No way a real car could put up w/ the abuse of busting through obstacles while running from the police. The gameplay demands a mix of the realistic and unrealistic, so I'm getting a little bored of hearing people yammering on about how crap the handling/physics are based on a couple minutes of one video.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

who cares how arcadey it is as long as the cars feel good to drive? as long as the handling is smooth and responsive then it is fine. i liked underground's handling for that. most wanted effed that up. the handling was horrible. i hope that this is smoother like undergrounds or burnout paradise's
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Stingray24 wrote:I'll take NFS any day of the week. Own every title and don't plan on missing the fun in this one. If NFS was a simulator, very few would have fun playing. No way a real car could put up w/ the abuse of busting through obstacles while running from the police. The gameplay demands a mix of the realistic and unrealistic, so I'm getting a little bored of hearing people yammering on about how crap the handling/physics are based on a couple minutes of one video.
OK, I shan't argue with that. And by the way, the 'couple of mins' video means nothing to me.. :)
Stingray24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Stingray24 »

Ah, good to hear. Good on you, sir.

Return to “News”