Undercover Customization Walkthrough

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Undercover Customization Walkthrough

Post by SLJ »

does any1 noe where to download this video? because the download link on gametrailers seems to be nothing
driverx15
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by driverx15 »

am i the only one that noticed that he had around 80 million dollars?
... #-o
but whatever,
this is the SMOOTHEST running customization i have ever seen in a video game.
tavaski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tavaski »

Forza still remains king in customization, If EA can't go 50% near forza's customization by next year am done with this sh!@# :evil: CRAP CRAP CRAP
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Damn Asian kid ricing up the Porsche! On the other hand, High Stakes music! :D
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

@*Senny*:The old NFS isn't really back.. Old nfs didn't have vinyls or any kinda of visual or performance tuning also no free roam. Had Ferrari's and other great cars.
Last edited by race_invader on 08 Nov 2008, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Dunko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dunko »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:
Andre_online wrote:
supervolvo240 wrote:One important question...
Will it be like this on ps2?
Why wouldn't it be?
Because there were constant limits on PS2. Most of which pissed me off to no end.

Less cars, less racing, less idea for showroom. I really hope EA actually cared for their PS2 fans this time. We previous-gen owners have every right to have as much features as the next-gen owners.
You may have the right to, but your system probably couldn't handle it. Older-gen systems do have to sacrifice some of the features because they aren't advanced enough. EA does have to draw the line somewhere as far as when to stop throwing in all the cool features (imagine going back to, say, the Nintendo 64).

Frankly, I'm surprised there is still anybody cranking out games for the PS2.
eat, sleep, race
Bekim
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bekim »

do you guys think the high stakes music will be in the actual game or they just threw it in for that video to...i dunno build hype? i guess...

would be pretty awesome to have some classic nfs tracks included, that would really take me back and feel like im playing a need for speed game. lets hope they do
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Not bad, not bad. The vinyl system is way better, I really like the idea of previewing what you want to put on the car. :D

But they didn't show really something about spoilers, hoods, exhausts and other tuning parts. I'm afraid they'll suck like in ProStreet <_<. I recently installed Most Wanted and I was simply amazed by the spoilers and hoods offer. Really, they should put those back instead of those ugly things they put in PS.

Oh well, let's wait to see what's coming out. But I'm liking it almost 100% now. :mrgreen:
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS mirror! lol
I'm excited for customizing on this game all over again!
and correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the body kits are specific to the cars this time rather then the generic cheezy lookin junk from pro street :D
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Dunko wrote:
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: Because there were constant limits on PS2. Most of which pissed me off to no end.

Less cars, less racing, less idea for showroom. I really hope EA actually cared for their PS2 fans this time. We previous-gen owners have every right to have as much features as the next-gen owners.
You may have the right to, but your system probably couldn't handle it. Older-gen systems do have to sacrifice some of the features because they aren't advanced enough. EA does have to draw the line somewhere as far as when to stop throwing in all the cool features (imagine going back to, say, the Nintendo 64).

Even then, that's still disgraceful. The PS2 could possible handle the features; EA just doesn't think so, considering it is previous-gen.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

As far as it goes on the ps2, i would at least like to see DECENT graphics. Pro Street's were horride on 75% of the tracks, and the other racers looked mostly bad (some of the time you can blame poorly designed cars whose paint and vinyl combination looked bad). the Player's car looked great and customization was generally the same on all consoles. If Undercover has graphic that are at least as good city wise as carbon with the player car graphics as Pro Street with a damage model (please. anything but only scratched bumpers and broken glass) and the improved customization we just saw, Undercover for ps2 may actually turn out very well.
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Looks like a little bit of improvement, but minimal really.... but I like the ability to make vinyls gloss and that. If we can mirror, great. If the graphics menu really has both "vinyls" and "aftermarket" we should still have our 40 layers at our disposal.

The body kits were slack though... we're one choice down, and they're the same ones we got in Prostreet and carbon, but it's still a step up, and if we can somehow get custom kits into the game it'd be cool.
Nd4SPD187
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Nd4SPD187 »

the only thing that sux is the layer of vinyls u get but customizing is gonna be so much easier for people using systems :D
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I still think there's a possibility it could be 40 layers again.
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:
Dunko wrote:
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: Because there were constant limits on PS2. Most of which pissed me off to no end.

Even then, that's still disgraceful. The PS2 could possible handle the features; EA just doesn't think so, considering it is previous-gen.
Kammy, I'm really impressed with the graphics they managed on the PS2... simply in awe how they did that. I think they've had to sacrifice a few features to make them possible. Here are the PS2 specs:
CPU 64-bit[2][3] "Emotion Engine" clocked at 294.912 MHz
GPU "Graphics Synthesizer" clocked at 147 MHz 4 MB (4 × 220 bytes) Embedded DRAM video memory
System Memory: 32 MB
Cache memory: Instruction: 16 KB(16 × 210 bytes), Data: 8 KB + 16 KB (ScrP)
Audio: "SPU1+SPU2" (SPU1 is actually the CPU clocked at 8 MHz)
vs. PS3:
The PS3 uses the Cell microprocessor, which is made up of one 3.2 GHz PowerPC-based "Power Processing Element" (PPE) and six accessible Synergistic Processing Elements (SPEs). A seventh runs in a special mode and is dedicated to aspects of the OS and security, and an eighth is disabled to improve production yields.
256 MB of Rambus XDR DRAM
The GPU makes use of 256 MB GDDR3 RAM clocked at 650 MHz
You'll notice that it's considerably more powerful there, but that's just a simple comparison. Take the PS3 RAM for example, 256 mb... Yeah, really small considering gaming PCs are upwards of 2gb, but I think it's considerably faster than even DDR3 RAM, not to mention the system is much simpler than a PC.
But yeah: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_hardware PS3 hardware
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStatio ... ifications PS2 specs.

Now you'll see why not everything is possible on what is a piece of technology close to 9 years old.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I think PS2 gamers should be glad that EA even takes the time to build a PS2 version, cause most companies don't even bother any more cause they can't go all out on the PS2, and thus have to downgrade a game just to make it fit on the PS2.

Just learn to live with the fact that the PS2's days are over.
I think 9 years for a console is very decent, but it has to end somewhere don't you think, I mean you don't hear PC gamers say they want the PC specs lowered so 8 year old PC's can still play new games with ease, and without loss of features and gfx.
They either play the game on lower settings or get a new PC / upgrade it to meet the standard of the current game.

Sure it sucks if you system is not good enough to play a game the way it should, but that's life.
I don't know how it is on other parts of the world, but here in Europe, a new 360 can be bought for 150 euro, sure you get the base version without a HDD, but still it's the same as 3 games you would normally buy for the PS2.
A PS3 is a lot more, it's around 400 or so, but still you can go on for a couple of years.
IMO a better investment then still buying PS2 games, cause sooner or later it will be over for the PS2.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"I like the preview & it's definately a Combo' between NFS Most Wanted & NFS Pro Street => More 2 come!" 8)
gabster25
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gabster25 »

agree with rx7..what a junk..not getting it for sure. same as prostreet which is horrible,first of wheres the performance tuning? ..4 different bodykit?.. 20 vinyl limit? just boooooo ea :^o
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

gabster25 wrote:agree with rx7..what a junk..not getting it for sure. same as prostreet which is horrible,first of wheres the performance tuning? ..4 different bodykit?.. 20 vinyl limit? just boooooo ea :^o
If you want customization and tuning, go play Forza. The Need for Speed series has never been about those things.
gabster25
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gabster25 »

prince1142003 wrote:
gabster25 wrote:agree with rx7..what a junk..not getting it for sure. same as prostreet which is horrible,first of wheres the performance tuning? ..4 different bodykit?.. 20 vinyl limit? just boooooo ea :^o
If you want customization and tuning, go play Forza. The Need for Speed series has never been about those things.
Then what its about then? its not anymore NFS that i played on my PS1 and it aint no high end customization game..its an average..thats what it is ,average and quite sucky game.its going to be something like carbon with more addons.blah
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It's a arcade racing game with real cars.... duh! and the customising is just a bonus
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

gabster25 wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:
Then what its about then? its not anymore NFS that i played on my PS1 and it aint no high end customization game..its an average..thats what it is ,average and quite sucky game.its going to be something like carbon with more addons.blah
Go play some of the older pre-Underground NFS games. Customization is present in very limited quantities in those games. NFS started simply as an arcade racing game, and has pretty much maintained, save for a few exceptions. Any customization present in the later games is simply bonus.
Now, if an NFS game went into full-blown simulation racing (like Forza), that would be deviating from the originals.
supervolvo240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

Let bring the ps2/Wii version up again.

Now the fact is they will definately not be as good (graphically at least) as the ps3, 360 or PC. However in an ealier interview it was said the Wii would get a damage model (not the same or as good as ps3, 360 or PC) and possibly 2 - 4 player split screen.

The Problem is this article was put out at the start of September, it is likely things will have changed.

Article - http://www.gamecyte.com/wiid-for-speed- ... undercover

It is likely that the Wii and ps2 version of Undercover will have the player car graphics of Pro Street, the city/world graphics of Carbon along with slightly downgraded customization from the ps3/360/PC versions.

In 8 days all will be revealed. Until then i will try to stop bringing up the ps2 version.
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I think it's a bit harsh to judge a game completely on a bonus feature vs. the game play itself Rx7.
Yep, the tuning is a step down. Prostreet will live on. But undercover still has some nifty features.

However... why are the rims in random order?
svander
Ricer
Ricer

Post by svander »

i dont like soo much autosculpt [-X
when do they will put real bodykits?? :?
like do-luck, veilside, or c-west body kits :|
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Not sure. But if you look closely on the right, there is an option to change sorting order. :)
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."

Return to “News”