Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Re: Your Thoughts about NFS: Pro Street

Post by Striker94 »

ummm, with the quick race thing I think he meant like a 'custom race', and MY CARS, where you could create your own cars for free...

Yep, I really miss my cars...

I'm gonna be waiting another year before I get a Murcielago+Zonda...
oh snap
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

peterfaj wrote:
snoopdogg879 wrote:WOW! I wanted to see what happened when I said that...
yeah right. But you are right that your post got a lot of quotes.
Dude, no it didn't...

It got one post from me concerning other posts before snoopdoggs and the trend thing. all up: one quote.

All in all, ProStreet is a pile of steaming dog droppings. You may say that this statment doesn't justify why I play(ed) it so much, but after playing a REAL simulation, which is correct because last time I checked they wanted ProStreet to be a more legal, sim-type game, I can safely say that REAL sims murder it. With an axe.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:
peterfaj wrote:
snoopdogg879 wrote:WOW! I wanted to see what happened when I said that...
Dude, no it didn't...

It got one post from me concerning other posts before snoopdoggs and the trend thing. all up: one quote.

All in all, ProStreet is a pile of steaming dog droppings. You may say that this statment doesn't justify why I play(ed) it so much, but after playing a REAL simulation, which is correct because last time I checked they wanted ProStreet to be a more legal, sim-type game, I can safely say that REAL sims murder it. With an axe.
no, flamethrower :mrgreen:

Anyway, Prostreet isn't really sure what it wants to be. It's like a gender confused dog (no offence, and sorry to all the 10 years olds), It wants to be realistic, but all the rice makes it feel really crap, as well as the shiznit physics...
oh snap
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Striker94 wrote:WOW! I wanted to see what happened when I said that...

Dude, no it didn't...

no, flamethrower :mrgreen:

Anyway, Prostreet isn't really sure what it wants to be. It's like a gender confused dog (no offence, and sorry to all the 10 years olds), It wants to be realistic, but all the rice makes it feel really crap, as well as the shiznit physics...
[/quote]

You're both wrong. With a nuke.

ProStreet was a good game, but, as I said earlier, EA could have put a bit more effort in the project. Hey, at least it kicked the shiznit out of GT3.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

OK, I'm going to post my 2 cents:
  • I agree with the criticism of the tuning; they should have at least made the tuning a bit more in-depth than using the same lame "stage 1, 2, 3" that they've been using since Underground. Simply put, the tuning should be at least as realistic as the physics, if not more.
  • Yes, the carlist could have been better. In my opinion, having the (new) Shelby GT500 AND the Mustang was a bit odd (just offer GT500 body parts for the Mustang and have the first tuning level bring it up to GT500 level) and so was having both the GT-R and the GT-R Proto (however, I do not agree with the statement "3 GT-Rs" since clearly the R34 is NOT the same car as the R35; in fact, having an R33 as well would have been nice). The two Corvettes? That was just plain wasteful, especially because they were internally listed (as in, the internal folders) as two cars. Also, many commonly seen cars in street racing (or whatever) were missing, such as a Silvia S14, a Skyline R33 (mentioned before), a Foxbody Mustang, an S2000 that could be acquired without any extender-pack-related hassle, the (in my opinion) better NSX (the '91-'99 one), an MR-2, maybe a Miata, etc.
  • In my opinion, the soundtrack wasn't that bad but could've been better.
  • The physics were... lacking in places. Simply put, many cars were either understated or made too great. (For example, the R34's handling was a bit lacking, although some tuning could be used to get around that and make it as good as it should be. Also, some cars were simply underestimated in handling like the Corvette.) In addition to the unrealistic individual cars, several other problems are rather obviously visible such as the fact that the physics are basically modded MW / Carbon physics made to seem more like a sim.
  • The code seemed a bit sloppy in places; the game generally performs sluggishly at times, even for people with better computers.
  • Not even close to enough bodykits and such, and the hoods were pretty terrible.
  • Vinyl selection could have been better (body vinyls would help) and more decals would be nice (yeah, I've never heard of half of those brands and a lot of brands that should have been there were left out).
I have more to say about this, and I'll edit this post every time I think of something else to say.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

ok, this post pretty much sums everything up-

Everything about Prostreet is OK, but be can improved a whole lot more.
oh snap
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

@ Striker94:

Perhaps you're the only person who doesn't know that that's exactly what i just SAID!
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

That soundtrack was god awful... every second song is a remix of more, the rest are generic house songs... the only one I liked was Almost Easy. I wish there was a custom play list on PC like there is on 360 games (hint hint EA)
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

baumaxx1 wrote:That soundtrack was god awful... every second song is a remix of more, the rest are generic house songs... the only one I liked was Almost Easy. I wish there was a custom play list on PC like there is on 360 games (hint hint EA)
Yeah, the soundtrack was shiznit and WhyTF do they only put cutom playlist for 360 games! Other consoles and PC are capable of it too. And not to mention that the game runs better on 360 than on PS3, which has better system specs. They barely scratched the surface of the PS3. This happens all the time, cuz EA always makes games for x360 and then ports them to PS3 and PC. That's why there's so many bugs on PC games from EA and why PS3 games from EA are so weak against the machine they run on. They should make games for a platform independent machine (PC) and then optimize it for consoles (that's why PU was so great). EA, kind-of, sucks.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

agree
oh snap
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Remember when I said that I don't like tuning sports cars? I usually do tune sports cars, but only colors, wheels, add a roll cage and sometimes spoilers and autosculpt body kits. But I don't like all the other visual rice, like body kits - as I already said, I only autosculpt stock kits and only additional kits I'd like would be the real ones for the race version of the car. I also don't like performance tuning (maybe with imports). I like racing with stock cars a lot more than tuning the performance of a car. HP2 was really nice and the "side effect" of stock cars are cars made by community :).
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Er, with online play becoming more widespread and EA becoming more restrictive of their formats, I unfortunately don't think community-made cars will happen in any new game any time in the near future. :( (MW was an exception and that was good.) Also, I think that they leave the customization options in for exotics and stuff, just so that people who DO like tuning exotics (insanely) have that option; it's there, but you can very easily ignore it.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

thoughts about prostreet? .. hmm u can spend some cash buying the game.. then spend more on upgrading your system specs to run the game on max settings..and end of the day u realise it still lags.. :?
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

lol, the only person i know who has a computer which doesn't lag with prostreet is my friend alex, who happens to have one of the those Asus gaming laptops...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:lol, the only person i know who has a computer which doesn't lag with prostreet is my friend alex, who happens to have one of the those Asus gaming laptops...
Please tell me you're joking... friends with 8800s and a 9800gx2 can't even run this game without the odd stutter and glitch.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

There are two issues when comparing performance of cars.
  • A nissan gt-r with best performance parts can be outrun by skylines and lancers.
  • In a race day, there are same cars in all grip races, but in normal grip, you can win. In grip class you can also win, but B group cars will go a lot faster this time, faster than you (if you are in the slow group).
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: Hey, at least it kicked the shiznit out of GT3.
PLEASE tell me you're joking...

In my opinion, ProStreet barely scraped by as being better than GT3, and that game's what... 6 or 7 years old?

GT is in a completely different league to ProStreet, one it can't touch.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Also, what happened to weight reduction... being a racing sim, this is usually the FIRST mod done!
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

No, i wasn't joking. He has a Asus laptop, with a extra alienware graphics and cpu. 2.6 dual core processor, 4g ram, 1g dedicated graphics...

Not sure if there's the odd glitch, but last time I played on it, it worked fine!
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:No, i wasn't joking. He has a Asus laptop, with a extra alienware graphics and cpu. 2.6 dual core processor, 4g ram, 1g dedicated graphics...

Not sure if there's the odd glitch, but last time I played on it, it worked fine!
Yeah, I believed you and I know of that laptop.
A friend's comp has similar specs... only better because of the 9800. However, 7 series drivers would be way better, so I guess it is plausable.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

he put about an extra $1000 on extra hardware, so not sure about how he did it...

Also note-
baumaxx1 wrote: Please tell me you're joking...
AND

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:

PLEASE tell me you're joking...

lol
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Nah... there's an asus lappy with sli 7950s. It's hardcore. I was referring to the "are you joking as in why is that the only system I've seen that runs it properly".
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Oddly enough, it seems like single-core computers play ProStreet better. For proper diagnosis, try running Crysis on the computer. If it runs great, then you have a problem - people who say their comp "runs Crysis fine" are often the people with FPS issues and such, while people with older computers don't have these problems as often (unless their computer is REALLY old). No, I'm not kidding - I've seen MANY examples of this.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

RedCarDriver wrote:Oddly enough, it seems like single-core computers play ProStreet better. For proper diagnosis, try running Crysis on the computer. If it runs great, then you have a problem - people who say their comp "runs Crysis fine" are often the people with FPS issues and such, while people with older computers don't have these problems as often (unless their computer is REALLY old). No, I'm not kidding - I've seen MANY examples of this.
Ok, go figure my case...
I have a 4 year old PC that runs Crysis @ 50FPS with med textures, physics,objects and high sound at 1024x768.
However, Prostreet struggles on minimum at times, but I have managed to get playable performance by raising the settings to medium, no fancy effects, just high car and environment detail.
Yeah...
However, my processor is a virtual dual core (HT).
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:
Also note-
baumaxx1 wrote: Please tell me you're joking...
AND
Koenigsegg_Rox wrote: PLEASE tell me you're joking...
lol
I just noticed that after I posted. I lawl'd

Return to “ProStreet”