Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

if there is the possibility of having 20 racers in a single race then EA HAS to put a scale back mechanism i would interested to see how 1gb of ram would handle that, maybe i will have to get 2gb of ram :?
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

darknight788 wrote:if there is the possibility of having 20 racers in a single race then EA HAS to put a scale back mechanism i would interested to see how 1gb of ram would handle that, maybe i will have to get 2gb of ram :?
No, 20 players is much, but not that much...2gb of ram is maximum i think, or i think there can be 4gb aswell, if u take it 1gb per stick...anyway 1gb is nessesary to play the game, yea and a scale back mechanism would be useful!
User deactivated:
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

HouseMD93 wrote:Yes it does...doesn't it...does anyone know how to make the see-through dissapear in Paint..
Use Fraps, not printscreen :)
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

http://www.fraps.com
You can do movies too!
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I used fraps once to make a video of my 1337 racing skills on NFSU1.

It was so jerky that I crashed into 15 vehicles and many more walls.

Have they updated it at all?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

dont forget to metion that unless you buy it the trial version only lets you record 30 second clips, i found gamecam to be a much better trial version it lets you take unlimited video clip lengths the only downside is you have to buy it in order to have sound which is alright b/c adding your own music to your clips sounds better
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

2furio wrote:Damn, so many things have been released lately. It's like there was a plug on the news and all of the sudden that plug's been taken out and all of the information/videos/pictures are flowing out.

Anyways, so what does easmoothie have to say about the demos:
The demo for Xbox 360 is out. Does that count? And could the PC one be that far behind?
~ Smoothie

Gameswelt has 7 new videos (really worth checking out):
http://gameswelt.de/pc/downloads/movies ... m_id=59651
(click on one of the seven links, then right click and save target as on the link)

Worthplaying has the 3 new videos that have been shown on Gamespot but better quality:
http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=2038
Wow, I didn't see this before but the videos are really nice. I'm still trying to get one fully downloaded but it seems to take a long time. :?
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Pay close attention to the police chase video, you'll see a few non-police AI racers whiz by at one point. An interesting touch, don't you think?
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Should make for some hectic chases. Wonder if you will be able to push cops off the canyon roads as a kind of "Pursuit Breaker", just slide into them, and over the edge they go
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

HouseMD93 wrote:Yes it does...doesn't it...does anyone know how to make the see-through dissapear in Paint..
Microsoft Paint? Forget that crap, use FRAPS instead. Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. :wink:

Here's the link.
http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Edit: Just saw the previous posts. My bad. My internet connection speed isn't worth crap.
Last edited by gearhead450 on 05 Oct 2006, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Please, let's not make this discussion about FRAPS.
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

HouseMD93 wrote:Some ppl think its coming out tonight, I don't believe them...And 20 PLAYERS??? OMFG Thats worse then "Krinkels" f*** Madness (offtopic: http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/madness ) Man i must start begging my dad for a 512MB stick...and yea i am downloading some videos now.

EDIT : Oh and fishwiz, In think its only for PC and Next-Gen, PS2 ran the demo about 20 - 30 Fps and ppl are guessing that it will only be able to hold 4 Players max...There is usually a improvement in the final release, so my guess is....8-12 players max-overthetop. NFS C : isn't actually made for PS2, they only made it so that people without PS3 won't have to get PS3 to play it...Although the idea is great, a guy buys PS2 ver and PS3 ver...So my guess is no, the 20 players is only for next-gen and PC...Although i can be wrong (anyone can be wrong).

EDIT 2: A-Spec, I wish I could see ur sig, It might, as they say, be NANG
My sig was working for a day or two, then it just suddenly stoped working. :-s WHY ME??? :cry: Anyway. 20 CAR RACES!!! WOW!! I hope that is for PS2 too [-o<
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

guys, dont kill me for this ,but if i'm not wrong ,a gamespot preview of NFSC already talked about the 20 racer stuff.....a week ago :|

edit: here's the link
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving ... id=6158916

and a quote from that hands-on:
The build of Carbon we checked out let us play single races, and we explored the game's career mode for a bit, as well. The most impressive aspect of the quick race was the 19 other cars vying for the checkered flag against us. Most Wanted players will remember the very short cutscenes that accompany races in that game; they're still here in Carbon, and there's a real sense of drama and excitement when you watch that long line of cars queue up for the start of a race that will certainly feature a few exciting first corners.
nismodriftster95
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: On my Recaro racing seats blowing past the Cornado bridge in San Diego Califorinia!!

Post by nismodriftster95 »

I can't wait untill carlist Pt. 3 :lol: . When will it be out? I don't know because i'm new.
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

HouseMD93 wrote:ok...I'll check...AND unmissably, 2Furio is right again!

EDIT: I loved the part where the 3 cars jumped together in the Massenrennen movie, Although i couldn't get a pic because in Paint its see-through, so if u save u have nothing on ur screen, tell me how to get the see-through off plz...
I assume that you are talking about taking screenshot from a movie.....

Well, first, problem about taking screenshot from movie is that movie is shown in so called overlay on your screen, and you can't take a snapshot of a overlay using simple print screen button. But there is a simple way to go around it....

let's say that you will play movie in Windows Media Player. First, open another movie in another player (you could for instance download Media Player Classic), and make this window small. Second, open the movie from which you want to take a screenshot in Windows Media Player and maximize this window so that it use complete screen. Third, use print screen and paste that image in Paint ;o).
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

well it doesn't work with Quicktime playing a movie at the back, anyway I got the pic, I just recorded a part from it with fraps and did printscreen, Printscreen never does work with DivX codec's i've realized, also Fraps has been updated alot I could play almost anything and it doesn't make my comp slow...(PM me if u want full ver of fraps)
EDIT: for those new members, Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Carbon for all official info about Carbon! Oh and those who wanna know the actors : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790814/
here u go, my pic:
Attachments
The pic i mean...
The pic i mean...
User deactivated:
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

All the movies I have watched from Gameswelt are going really slow. How can I fix that?
Andredew
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andredew »

you download them
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

well thats a bit obvious that u download them...or u didn't, did u darth meatloaf, to download : Click on one of the links, and then the window comes up, next to the player there is a link eg. nfs_c_drift right click save target as, or save link or something for firefox!

EDIT : found Soundtrack on megaupload, downloading to see if its any good...
User deactivated:
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

I downloaded them but the lag like crap on windows media player 9
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

might be a codec problem, or try some other player e.g 'VLC player'
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

DivX codec I need right? cause where could I download it?
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

http://www.divx.com/download i think it is...yep it is, if its still lagging, then can i ask u if other stuff are lagging, if yes then u need re-install ur OS (operating system) or download some anti-spyware/anti-virus

EDIT : since when did EA use a bit of JUICED soundtrack.
Last edited by HouseMD93 on 05 Oct 2006, 16:00, edited 2 times in total.
User deactivated:
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

thanx HouseMD93 and YaelDjiel
Its working fine now
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

ur welcome, feel free to ask anything...

EDIT : LOL i listened to Lady Sovereign - Luv Me or Hate Me, and it kept singing : the question is love me or hate me, if u love me then F*****ck yoooou if u hate me then F*******ck yoooooou...:lol: EA turns ruder every sec!
EDIT 2 : If u wanna get the soundtrack then wait, I am reuploading it to MegaUpload 'cause an idiot has made it passworded, I no the pass but i don't want u ppl to worry about it...
EDIT 3 : Eagles of Death metal - Don't Speak is only 1 sec, thats because it ain't real, the link will be posted soon, after i will add my finishing touches and reupload it...
User deactivated:

Return to “Carbon”