Need for Speed Undercover Confirmed

Need for Speed Undercover News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed Undercover Confirmed

Post by - Rx7 - »

speed_man wrote:Yeah we really know nothing about the game, so i dont know how people can talk bad about it when all we know is pretty much the tite of the game and thats it :roll:
Probably the fact that from MW to PS has pretty much been downhill.
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

yeah agree^^^
Cuz i think that pro street still isn't finished!
they have never finished that sh**ty booster pack and u still can't by high end cars ingame!!!
also its the same problem about tunning the same cars as well and some of them
have unfinished tunning body kits!
they have never finished that,and thats a way too big minus!

Dunno but i don't find this undercover title attractive for this kind of game but we'll see [-o<
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

i have a feelin this is gonna be something like an UG2 .. undercover.. maybe night illegal race scenario.. or u become Cross's assistant.. trying to work yourself up on an underground racing world to find out who's the bad guy and who's the good one.. lol.. reminds me of Fast and Furious..
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

I just read somewhere that it's going to be an arcade racer. The game will use an improved version of prostreet's graphics engine. The number of the cars during a race will be bigger and 13 car manufacturers will be available to choose from.
I also read that bikes will appear in the game, justi like Burnout Paradise. The damage system is going to be more detailed and the smoke effects more realistic. This time you won't have to care about money in order to buy car because a
new car buying system will be available. More info with a playable version of the game at E3 2008!!!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

kostis1993 wrote:I just read somewhere that it's going to be an arcade racer. The game will use an improved version of prostreet's graphics engine. The number of the cars during a race will be bigger and 13 car manufacturers will be available to choose from.
I also read that bikes will appear in the game, justi like Burnout Paradise. The damage system is going to be more detailed and the smoke effects more realistic. This time you won't have to care about money in order to buy car because a
new car buying system will be available. More info with a playable version of the game at E3 2008!!!
Gah! Bikes... I am no good at bike racing games... and this looks bad for tuning. And the PS engine better be improved! But I doubt it'll run playably on my comp... with even more cars. I don't know... it struggles with PS but is fine with crysis.
kostis1993
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by kostis1993 »

Yeah it has to do with the graphics engine itself. For example, GRID has amazing graphics and it plays much better than PS!!!
Last edited by kostis1993 on 03 Jul 2008, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, well that should look good on the plasma when I get it.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

kostis1993 wrote:I just read somewhere that it's going to be an arcade racer. The game will use an improved version of prostreet's graphics engine. The number of the cars during a race will be bigger and 13 car manufacturers will be available to choose from.
That is already proven to be false info an thus not true. it was all fake!
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

I hope its like UG2, they should drop all this UNDERCOVER shiznit and make UG3.

I want a vinyl system like that from Juiced 2.
Gryphon22
Stock
Stock

Post by Gryphon22 »

Well this doesn't sound good at all. It sounds like EA is trying to turn NFS into GTA, which is the worst idea they could possibly have come up with. I really hate the GTA games. Those games are not about the racing at all. They are about killing people(innocent people most of the time it would seem). NFS has always been about the racing. Always. I have played every NFS title that has ever been released and I have to say, in my honest opinion, the direction of the games were just starting to get great. NFSU and NFSU2 were huge steps for the franchise. They not only added in the aspect of customization to the vehicles, NFSU2 also introduced free roam to the game that was similar to Midnight Club. When MW hit the shelves it was the best NFS title to date, period. When Carbon came out I was thoroughly pumped because they added in touge style racing, though Carbon really should have just been an expansion to MW not a whole new game. I was really excited when PS was announced and that it was bringing NFS back to the track. I definitely think that PS is the direction the NFS series needs to continue down. Yes, PS has some glitches. No, they are not irreparable. I hate to see EA walk away from the potential that PS has given to the series, but if they are gonna try to suck up to the general audience, and ignore those of us who truly love NFS for what it is, then I guess there is no stopping them. Let's just hope that EA gets the idea that we want a game that is about the cars and racing. Not some game with cars that has a super in-depth storyline. We can play RPG's and Action games for storylines.
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

Totally agree^^^
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

- Rx7 - wrote:I hope its like UG2, they should drop all this UNDERCOVER shiznit and make UG3.

Yeah... I want the vinyls from forza though... they seemed miles ahead
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

We should create a petition saying that EA should just forget doing Undercover and make Underground 3. The whole Undercover concept is just retarded.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

baumaxx1 wrote:
- Rx7 - wrote:I hope its like UG2, they should drop all this UNDERCOVER shiznit and make UG3.

Yeah... I want the vinyls from forza though... they seemed miles ahead
Correct, Forza 2 (and even Forza 1) have a vinyl system that is miles ahead of Pro Street or any other race game.
I seen exact replicas and even complete pictures of real people or objects (done all by hand)
You can basicly build anything with the vinyl system in Forza 2, only thing that Pro Street has that Forza doesn't is decals and vinyls on the windows.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:We should create a petition saying that EA should just forget doing Undercover and make Underground 3. The whole Undercover concept is just retarded.
Thats a good idea BUT EA is probably almost done making the game....
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Well, it should be their next project for 2009 at least.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

yeah 2009...
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

You mean 2010, since the '09 game was started months ago... :wink:
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Yeah. Underground 3 would make a nice graduation gift for me...
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

Carcrazy wrote:You mean 2010, since the '09 game was started months ago... :wink:
Yes thats what i meant :)
AleX_BridGeS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AleX_BridGeS »

Gryphon22 wrote:Well this doesn't sound good at all. It sounds like EA is trying to turn NFS into GTA, which is the worst idea they could possibly have come up with. I really hate the GTA games. Those games are not about the racing at all. They are about killing people(innocent people most of the time it would seem). NFS has always been about the racing. Always. I have played every NFS title that has ever been released and I have to say, in my honest opinion, the direction of the games were just starting to get great. NFSU and NFSU2 were huge steps for the franchise. They not only added in the aspect of customization to the vehicles, NFSU2 also introduced free roam to the game that was similar to Midnight Club. When MW hit the shelves it was the best NFS title to date, period. When Carbon came out I was thoroughly pumped because they added in touge style racing, though Carbon really should have just been an expansion to MW not a whole new game. I was really excited when PS was announced and that it was bringing NFS back to the track. I definitely think that PS is the direction the NFS series needs to continue down. Yes, PS has some glitches. No, they are not irreparable. I hate to see EA walk away from the potential that PS has given to the series, but if they are gonna try to suck up to the general audience, and ignore those of us who truly love NFS for what it is, then I guess there is no stopping them. Let's just hope that EA gets the idea that we want a game that is about the cars and racing. Not some game with cars that has a super in-depth storyline. We can play RPG's and Action games for storylines.
You really hate GTA Games? Killing Innocent people? For god's sake that is just some damn pixel's on your damn screen that you're so called "killing" :roll: ..
Peds in GTA SA/VC/3/whatever are retardedly stupid and cannot be considered innocent or not, they don't even have real names and are just random peds that spawn on the street.

Well, GTA4 is a little different story.

And just by looking at some small info you think this will turn into GTA? :roll:

Yes, I know there is such thing as speculating, or guessing, but anyone would say that is off-track.
Guns aren't even confirmed, nor killing, these are just probably missions where you are driving a car, of course, if it had a good story and good cutscenes, etc.., etc.. it would still look cool, IMO.

Depends really on one's opinion, but as I said, I'll judge this game when I have it in my hands.
Thats a good idea BUT EA is probably almost done making the game....
That's probably the most stupidest "probably" I have ever seen, if it was almost finished wouldn't they show some screens and info, or trailers, or anything showned by any other game that was almost done?
People are always speculating something stupid on EA, on almost everything, amazing.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

AleX_BridGeS wrote:
Thats the most stupidest probably i have ever seen.
Settle down man [-X
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Yeah. This is a Need for Speed TOPIC, not a RANT of its recent performance.
AleX_BridGeS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AleX_BridGeS »

speed_man wrote:
AleX_BridGeS wrote:
Thats the most stupidest probably i have ever seen.
Settle down man [-X
I'm not mad nor angry, I'm just saying that this crap talking at EA is getting irritating now because of it's overdone by almost all people who are above 12, because they seem to realize most of their games are crap and tend to say it over and over and over and over again.

Well, all I gotta say is No Sh*t.

Just a saying, there is no need for all of you to say it all over again, because it's already a fact known by many people.

Anyways, if I did offended you, in anyway, well then, sorry.
Yeah. This is a Need for Speed TOPIC, not a RANT of its recent performance.
Well, No Sh*t

Sorry for the off-topic, anyways.
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

You didnt offend me :wink:

Return to “News”