Movies discussion

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Dizzi wrote:i want 2 c the penguin march/march of the penguins or woteva its called and get rich or die tryin. does any1 no if they are good?
I belive 50 Cent gets harassed in the showers (aka The Gay Scene). One reason I have not seen the movie yet.
korge
Dizzi
Professional
Professional

Post by Dizzi »

lol. any excuse to c 50 cent but naked! lol! j/k!
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

Im goin on thursday with a few friends to see 'get rich or die tryin'.... we would go earlier but its not out until then.

Dont wanna see 50 naked though.......
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

D. Jazz wrote:i think it went for a bit too long.....it was lkike almost 3.5 hours br0
it is 3 hrs. But still a little too long. Decent movie.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

I went and saw 'get rich or die tryin' today with a mate.. the movie was really good.... it wasnt about his music as much as i thought though... it was more about how he lived before his music... but there is some of his tunes in it. It was a very good movie, not like 8 mile at all... this one had alot more of a storline to it.

To anyone who has seen the movie... how cool was the opening scene when the music playin makes the screen shake.

Biut i wont give anything about the movie away for the people that are plannin to see the movie, but i will say this... it was a really good movie and i suggest you all go see it. :wink: 8)
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Sir Ibi wrote:I just watched Jarhead at the movies... its pretty freakin cool.. my personal recomendation.
I just watched it last night... It wasn't as good as i was hoping for...
It was pretty good but it kinda didn't have a point to it.
The director did a wonderful job nevertheless...

Gave it 6/10 @ imdb.
3 stars out of 5.
lol wut
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I know what you mean, the plot was a bit thin to say the least, but I kinda felt that that was the point of the movie. They went to war in Iraq, pissed about a little, didn't really do much, and went back home again, that probably the point the director was trying to make.

I loved the scene where the main character is burying a dead body in the desert surrounded by black smoke with the oil wells on fire, and a horse just appears covered in oil... nice little scenes like that made a nice film visually.... tho it ain't no way near as the same par as Apocolypse Now or Full Metal Jacket.
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

i seen get rich or die trying last week, if ANY1 wants ta see it, invite me cos i wanna c it again, it is awesome
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

50 cent was as about as wooden as a house full of wooden furnitare... he can't act to save his life. And the movie sucked... I actually walked out half way through, mainly cause I need to go take a weewee, but I didn't bother going back. I've seen more deep emotion in a pan full of goose fat... seriously I have....
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

no.... he did a really good job of acting in that movie and the whole movie was really good.
Im gonna see it again with me other friends and i have no problem with that because i really liked the it.
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

i thought it was good as too,@ibi, and who the hell walks out of a movie neway, i went 2 a movie once wif friends and i hated it but i did not walk out and 50's movie aint as bad as you are saying neway
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Sir Ibi wrote:50 cent was as about as wooden as a house full of wooden furnitare... he can't act to save his life. And the movie sucked... I actually walked out half way through, mainly cause I need to go take a weewee, but I didn't bother going back. I've seen more deep emotion in a pan full of goose fat... seriously I have....
Bahaha, I beat your record for walking out on that movie Ibi.... try leaving after the first twenty minutes

Heck, even Eminem's movie "8mile" put half a dollar's movie to shame, and that's saying something
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

yea his movie wasnt good at all... he acts like a dumass throughout the movie, n the expressions are not real...

i thought it would be much better....
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

u talking about 8mile or get rich or die trying
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I just saw a banner on the forum for Final Destination 3. :x
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

get rich or die trying
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

lol, u serious, i thought that movie was mad as, it was good how they put that shooting, where 50 almost died at the start then came back 2 it near the end, the whole movie kept ya on ur feet man, it was good as, and it had a good as story line, what ya want, it was prac all bout his life, what u dont like bout it......
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

ya the story was good, but the emotions on their faces were crap... i think 50 should keep to rappin cuz thats were he belongs.... not in movies...
underoath285
Drift King
Drift King

Post by underoath285 »

best movies:

Dazed and Confused
Half Baked
How High
Rounders
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

D. Jazz wrote:i thought it was good as too,@ibi, and who the hell walks out of a movie neway, i went 2 a movie once wif friends and i hated it but i did not walk out and 50's movie aint as bad as you are saying neway

Exactly my point! Who the hell walks out of a movie. I have never walked out of a movie.. doesn't that perfectly illutrate my total enjoyment of watching 50 Cent trying to feel emoptional, but can only manage to the extent of a mannequin... maybe even less at some points.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Sir Ibi wrote:And so, if we balance the gross income to match that of... OMGWTFBBQ, 50 CENTS MOVIE SUXORZ! RAWR!!!!11!11!!shift+1
:lol:
D. Jazz
Banned

Post by D. Jazz »

SliM_880 wrote:ya the story was good, but the emotions on their faces were crap... i think 50 should keep to rappin cuz thats were he belongs.... not in movies...
you have a pont there man, singers in general that move onto movies act total crap, thats why there are movie stars, you have to b able to show emotions even wen ur not feelin em in a movie. but i think if its bout there life then they gen do a good job, but if they do a movie thats not about them then it gen sucks,
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Final Destination 3!
...just saw the add up there ^^ in NFSUnlimited, so I got exited. Who's looking forward to it? :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ads? On NFSUnlimited? Nah.. O_O
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Also, here's another reason for game-movie haters to let loose some fury.... DOA: Dead Or Alive (2006) coming around spring, all I can say after watching the trailer is.... Kill Bill wanna-be anyone?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398913/

to save you the effort of looking for the trailer....
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/media/player.php?id=2288

Time for anyone who loves their games to see whether or not the film industry is going to turn it into crap
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/556/556768p1.html

Return to “General Discussion”