Grand Theft Auto: IV

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Well, I can't imagine why the wouldn't bring it to PC actually...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Early & quick scans of May's Game Informer issue:

ImageImageImage

Detailed scans should be up after 2 hours hopefully. 8)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

incredible job skyline_man, awesome pics.. but they can be more detailed because i can barely read what it says, but it has to be awesome to tease wtf is going on here :P :lol:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Ah, its not mine anyways :lol: , all the people at GTA Forums are waiting for someone who has the mag to post high resolution scans...and yeah, i am among those people. :P

Edit: Full magazine scans ---> here.

Edit 2: Rapidshare links for the High resolution version scans:

http://rapidshare.com/files/25365633/GT ... 6.zip.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/25366081/GT ... 0.zip.html

Very interesting btw. 8)
shu_0036
Drift King
Drift King

Post by shu_0036 »

Wahaha... need a long time to waiting for PC version..
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Q&A with Reiner from Game Informer Magazine.
Game Informer Unlimited:

Few games can grab attention like Grand Theft Auto. After we revealed our cover and the first trailer for Grand Theft Auto went live, the internet turned into a feeding frenzy. Everyone began to speculate on what the game is and will be. Executive Editor Andrew Reiner, one of the only people outside of
Rockstar to see GTA IV in action, sits down and answers select questions sent

in by you, the readers.

Kobe Asks: Hey man, I heard that you can’t fly in Liberty City anymore. What is up with that?! Flying is one of my favorite parts of this series!
Reiner: This is incorrect. There are no airplanes in the game, but flying is still there. One means of this is the helicopter. As Dan pointed out, this is just one city and a plane really doesn’t fit into that very well for gameplay. Flying is still very much a large part of the game.

GTAplanet.cz Asks: Good evening, We are very pleased that we can ask you a few questions about new GTA IV. Our editions GTAplanet.cz, GTASA.cz and gtaIV.cz, the best known fan sites about GTA in Czech Republic, prepared this list in cooperation with our fans and visitors. We will be very pleased if you answer our questions…? ?Did you see any female pedestrians? Are there any good looking chicks? =)
Reiner: Sigh.... Truth be told, I’m curious why anyone would want to know this. Is this really one of the top questions? If my memory serves me correctly, I don’t recall myself thinking “man, that chick is banging” or “I find myself strangely attracted to this game”, but I can confirm that there are female pedestrians in the game. There’s a ton of ‘em, too. They shop. They talk. They even wear clothing.

Did you see some indication of seasons (winter, summer, spring...)?
Reiner: Sadly, the demo that Rockstar presented was only about 15 minutes in length. Time of day definitely progresses, but whether it progresses throughout an entire calendar year remains to be seen.

How is the AI? Are the enemies smarter? Can they find cover?
Reiner: This is another area that Rockstar is keeping under wraps at the moment. I can, however, tell you that I saw a truck driver swerve onto the sidewalk right in front of where we were walking. This strange little incident also took the Rockstar representatives by surprise. It almost looked like the driver was drunk, but then again, he could have just been in a hurry too.

Is it possible to climb on a ladder?
Reiner: I didn’t see Niko climb a ladder, per se, but I did see him ascend a telephone pole to get a bird’s eye view of Liberty City. He didn’t climb up it like a gorilla, however. He simply pulled himself up on the series of rungs on the pole. This feat was actually quite impressive. You could clearly see his weight transfer from side to side as he moved up the pole.

Can you speak with other pedestrians on the street?
Reiner: Niko seemed to have other things on his mind than talk with pedestrians. The people we passed, however, were very vocal.

Chester Asks: Hello, I am the best fan of GTA, so I want to ask you something. What was the first mission in the game, and what was you first word when you saw this new game? pleas answer to me. I realy need it.
Reiner: I didn’t get to see the first mission in the game, but if I had to guess, I would imagine it would have something to do with the taxi stand that Niko’s cousin runs. As for my first word…I can’t print it here, but I did follow it up with “Oh my God!”

Matt Asks: My question about GTA IV is: Did it seem to you like Liberty City was an authentically sized city? A problem that I had with San Andreas was that you could drive to a coast in two minutes. Do you think it will be different this time?
Reiner: Great question. In terms of scale, it definitely feels more like a realistic city. It feels you are traversing New York City. As you’ve seen in the trailer, there are a number of ways to traverse this massive area.

GTA-Action Asks: Hey Reiner, we from http://www.gta-action.com have collected in our Community the most important questions which interest the user mostly.
We didn't see any boats in the trailer, what can you tell us about them?
Reiner: Dan wouldn’t go into specifics on this one, but the only type of vehicle he said that wouldn’t be in the game was the airplane. So this should point to boats still being a part of the GTA experience.

What can you say about the graphics quality? Can you compare the trailer to the game, is the trailers quality better or worse?
Reiner: Rockstar is still putting polish on the graphics. The demo I saw was definitely a step up from the trailer…which is kind of ridiculous given how great it looked already.

Can you buy properties like you could in Vice City?
Reiner: Again, no specifics were given, but Dan did say that this isn’t a game of real estate, or from rags to riches. I wouldn’t be surprised if you eventually do find new places to call home, but it sounds to me like properties might be handled in a different way – perhaps tied to moments in the story.

Will there be girlfriends like in San Andreas? If yes, can you marry them?
Reiner: What is with you people and your woman-related questions. Yes, there are girlfriends. I forgot to ask if you could marry them.

Zhooles Asks: I had heard you're receiving questions about future GTA4. As a GTA series fan, I would ask: Unusual vehicles. Will be there any and if will, name them please.
Reiner: Rockstar wouldn’t reveal anything in the demo, but strange vehicles are very much a part of the GTA experience. Dan said that much of the game revolves around Niko. I have a feeling that the choice of the vehicles does as well.

Aaron Hall Asks: Rockstar have said that the cars in GTA IV will have all new physics to them and the camera will be closer to allow a better driving perspective of cruising Liberty city and seeing more detail on the cars.Could you please elaborate on the experience of driving best as possible and what’s new to the experience? Thanks.
Reiner: From what I was shown, the only new element was breaking the window of the car to get in. The animation for this was awesome, and something I wish I had seen more than once. The car I saw was newer in make – which was evidenced in both the beautiful crimson sheen and suspension that handled pot holes and variances in the road with ease. Now, I only saw one car, but it really did have that new car look to it. It’ll be interesting to see how Rockstar handles the shocks and struts for other vehicles in the game.
If I had to give a comparison, I would say that the new camera angle positioning is more like Midnight Club now. It’s closer, allowing the player to see more of the minute detailing on the car, and also lower, allowing you to see more of the horizon and verticality of the city.

Alex Sheridan Asks: Hi there, Reiner. As far as the surrounding area of Liberty City goes, what can we expect to see in things such as countryside relative to San Andreas?
Reiner: From what I am told, you will not see countryside like you did in San Andreas. I wouldn’t be surprised, however, if the expanded content that Rockstar is planning through Xbox Live will offer new areas to explore. I can definitely see them adding a fifth borough to Liberty City, but outside of this, anything is possible.

Maxim Raykhrud Asks: Good evening, Mr. Reiner! As I understood, you are the only journalist who had seen Grand Theft Auto IV, so I'd like to ask you some questions about it.
First: Have you seen members of any mobs in the game? If yes, which?
Second: Is new Liberty City a detailed copy of NY, or just is looking like it?
Third: Are there houses enterable without loading?
Reiner: I didn’t see any mob members, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t there. Rockstar didn’t reveal everything to me. There’s still a lot of the game that remains blanketed in mystery. It is GTA, however, so I would be shocked if a mob or two or three weren’t involved. As for your second question, Liberty City is modeled after New York City, but it isn’t a copy, per se. As Dan pointed out in the magazine, the real world isn’t fun. You can’t just throw in the city and expect gameplay to emerge from that. There are certainly recognizable parts to it, but the gameplay comes first.

Sacha Asks: Will characters from earlier GTAs appear in the game?
Reiner: Rockstar wouldn’t say outright, but from the smile that Dan Houser gave me, I would say there’s a good possibility of crossover.

Bobby Swansom Asks: Will the player have to go to the gym and eat right as in GTA:SA?
Reiner: It doesn’t sound like Niko is the sort of person who does a lot of working out to staying in shape. From this, don’t expect him to have to work out to stay slim. As for eating, I doubt we’ll see him doing that, either. The one thing I am not sure of is whether or not he can get haircuts or buy clothing.

J Asks: Is it true that there's no load time?
Reiner: I didn’t see one load in the entire demo, and this included visiting two interiors at different points on the map.

Marcus Asks: What was the phone like?
Reiner: The graphic for the phone wasn’t finished just yet, so I won’t go into the detail on that, but it seemed that the interface was very simple in design and easy to use. Truth be told, it looked like a real cell phone. We just have to see if it drops as many calls as a real phone.

Brenny Asks: Is it still the same three cars over and over again like previous games we've seen?
Reiner: I’m not sure which GTA you’ve played, but I have always had more than three cars to choose from. There’s a good chance you’ll see more taxi cabs than usual, but if anything, there should be plenty of rides to choose from.

Gary S Writes: Hey Andrew, I just have two questions. How are the graphics and how far is the draw distance in the game?
Reiner: The visuals are tremendous and easily some of the best I have seen. What’s scary about this statement is that Rockstar North is still improving upon the visuals. There’s little question that it will be one of the best looking games come this holiday. As for the draw distance, I didn’t see one building, car, streetlamp, or pedestrian pop up. The framerate was also incredibly smooth and the lighting really couldn’t have been much better.

Isaac "Sculay" Hussain Asks: Will there be a Xbox 360 Demo ?
Reiner: Rockstar hasn’t announced anything yet, but I have a feeling most people will pick this game up whether they play it in advance or not.

A Canadian Asks: Hi! I just wanted to know when GTA IV for Xbox 360 will be in stores in Quebec, Canada... Thanks in advance...
Reiner: Nope. Rockstar specifically told me that Quebec is the one location on earth that won’t be getting GTA IV. Actually, I have no idea. Call your store to find out.

Matthew James Asks: Compared to previous GTA titles, how big is GTA IV?
Reiner: I already talked a lot about the city, so I will answer this question like it is being asked about the length of the game itself. I asked Dan this, and he said it should be comparable to all the other GTA games, but they don’t know exactly how long it is since the game is still in development. In other words, you’ll still be able to vest hundreds of hours. The multiplayer component, which is still a mystery, could greatly expand the time you spend with it too.
Source: GTA Forums.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

IN..CRE..DI...BLE
O____o
man this game is going to pwn all the other gta it seems O___o
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Uber....thanks a lot for zeeee updates.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Frick!! Im covered in drool after reading those magazine shots :P
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

another 6 months huh?
guess i'll have to atleast double that for a (possible :roll: ) PC release
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Not double but triple cuz i am sure it would take another year after the release of the console version to release the PC version.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

BrontoX wrote:Not double but triple cuz i am sure it would take another year after the release of the console version to release the PC version.
No, usually its only 6-8 months after consoles's release.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

I'm thinking of pre-ordering my copy of GTA IV already, but they still havnt released enough information, and I've already pre-ordered Kayne & Lynch: Dead Men and Halo 3. So I'm not to sure if I should order another game like 5-6 months before it comes out. What does everyone else think?
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

Good thing I didnt try to make scans of my GI magazine :lol:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Official X360 Magazine GTA IV preview:

Scans.

Preview's Typed Content.

New Information from the preview:

* According to the magazine, GTA IV is currently 66% complete.

* When Niko pulls out a pistol, a crosshair with a simple black cross within a circle shows up on the screen. This could be an indication of manual aiming being available in the game.

* Rockstar's humorous take on the number 69 makes an appearance yet again in GTA IV, the editors of the magazine saw a sign for a "69th Street Diner". Another building called "Twitchins", the GTA version of Brooklyn's Domino's Sugar Factory, is in the game.

* Niko will be able to climb and descend exterior fire escapes and some meetings will take place high in the office buildings of skyscrapers. It's said that from on top of them you'll be able to throw people off.

* Hand to hand combat is also being reworked on for GTA IV, and will feel "much more natural" than before.

* One of the radio stations includes an "Eastern European-sounding" dancing station.

* Players will be able to change their camera views whilst in a car according to their needs. This however is said to still being experimented on, and that Rockstar want to give better control and "immediacy" to players.

* When selecting your mobile phone, a zoomed-in version of the mobile screen pops up in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, where you can use its address book to pitch for "jobs" with gang contacts among other things.

* One of the things that makes it easier for Rockstar setting GTA in a fictional New York is that they sometimes get a call from the developers at Rockstar North in Scotland, wanting to know more about a specific building or traffic flow in a certain area, for instance, and using their in-house researchers in NYC they can easily assist the guys back at R* North.

* Dan Houser is quoted saying that the Liberty City in GTA IV is bigger than any single city they've done before, giving a more clear indication of the physical size of the game. He continues saying that the "detail" of the game is the big thing.

* He also confirms Central Park to be in the game, though it's fictional name is still unknown to us.

* Dan says that they're "certainly evolving the way the radio works". He says the same for police behaviour and their reaction to crimes. Nothing further is said about this...

* For confirmation, boats will be making a return and the handling is "really nice".

* "Fun ridiculous" weapons is said to be in the game, because R* is not going too "naturalistic".

From GTA4.net ...

Edit: OPM Italy - New Artwork + Translated article.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

The amount of detail put into this game is Crazy!!...

I might even buy a xbox 360 myself, just to play it.To bad the release date has been delayed even more :(
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

The release date is still the same, October 16th for the US, and the 19th for Europe.

Anyway, since someone replied, here is some news:

Small Details from GamePro Germany:

* There will be several different animation sets for breaking into a car, so far we know one of them includes Niko breaking the glass of the window with his elbow, then starting the car using the injection cables. We know there probably isn't a lot of different other ways Niko can do this, but we suspect it will involve dynamic animations, and for instance Niko sometimes becoming suspicious in the middle of hotwiring a car, looking around to see if anyone suspects what he's doing, then continuing. Rockstar previously said they want the animations to look less "canned", so this would fit well with that goal.

* According to the article, Rockstar are using less non-realistic elements than previous GTA games, such as arrows and markers assisting and indicating things to the player. We already know the in-game mobile phone will play a big part in replacing some of these things, so perhaps we might see other helpful gadgets such a GPS system, though that is just speculation.

* One of the ideas going into development is to give every street in the game a name, which could be displayed on-screen when you enter it by foot or car. This feature is yet to be decided on, along with the previously revealed information piece about Rockstar still deciding whether the entire city will be accessible from the start, or if different areas will be inaccessible by way of cordoning off bridges and such.

* When R*'s Dan Houser was asked about the differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, he replied saying that it is their goal to have none, and that there are no platform preferences, both are difficult to develop on. For now, we take this as to have nothing to do with the extra downloadable content.

* Speaking of which, he further says that they're not sure what exactly will be offered through additional content downloads. He says that maybe some things will be free, and others offered at a price.

First Digital screenshot:

Source: GTA4.net .
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Speaking of street names, if they decide to have the name pop up once you get on the street, I think that will get annoying quick. I hated that feature in True Crime: Streets of L.A. Hopefully they will have just street signs, I think it would serve the purpose and it would be more realistic.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Just to add some information onto what Skyline_man said:(A little more detailed though)

Melee combat will benefit by Euphoria, allowing you to push people into walls, furniture and even off the rooftop of a building sending the victim plummiting to their doom, while flailing to grab onto the edge of a fire escape.
Armed Combat(Firearms): You will be able to dissarm your enmy by shooting them in the shoulder, or drop them by shooting them in their knees, but it may not always work.

Source: Xbox 360: The Official Australain Xbox Magazine.

I have also pre-ordered it now, as it looks amazing, and the visuals are jsut superb and it isnt even finished yet.

Edit: Also, as this is a post-9/11 based city, terrorism threats will be in the background of the game according to Dan Houser's interveiw in: Xbox 360: The Official Australain Xbox Magazine. However, they wont be a very big part, just stuff that comes onto the radio stations, etc.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

14 new screenshots:

http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=43143

Previews:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/791/791533p1.html

Same info at gamespot & gamesradar.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

You are like the ultimate game informer. :)

BTW: Some of those are old.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Black Fire wrote:You are like the ultimate game informer. :)

BTW: Some of those are old.
OFFTOPIC
Oh come on... :?
What else you want Mr.Quick information??
Just wait!
After all I bet you will get this game...
jeezz.. :?

ONTOPIC
It seems that I need a new video cardfor this game... :(

Also, there's no more "fog" this time...they use the "depth of field" effect to get a "smooth" vision of the far away :D
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Yeah, most of these are old actually, only 4 are new, but at least they are not printed from mags. :wink:

@ xturbo: Actually, since the game's gfx are still being tweeked, you cant expect everything to be perfect just yet. :)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Yup, i hope so skyline_man..
But for sure you may need to have a powerful PC in order to play this, at least for me bc I don't own a XBOX360 or PS3...
C'mon god...help my PC to run this AT LEAST AT MINIMUM!!! [-o<

Return to “The Games”