Movies discussion

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Movies discussion

Post by Porsche-AG »

The previews make that movie look like something that wouldn't actually be funny, like The Master Of Disguise or The Love Guru.

I just saw The Hangover yesterday, and I must say that it was one of the funniest movies I've seen.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

My buddy just bought IMAX tickets for Transformers 2 last week and we're gonna go see it on opening day (the 24th). I'm an avid fan of Michael Bay movies and I know what to expect from him, BAYSPLOSIONS! :D
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

RoTF looks like a great film, however a lot of IMDb responses judge the film as somewhat lacking...

I'll see it myself though and then judge how good the film is.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Just came back from watching Transformers 2. I must admit, I was skeptical at first since all the critics were bashing it but I can tell you this, critics don't know s***. They need to quit their "job" of bashing Michael Bay and go find something else to do. That was the most amazing movie I've ever seen. Non-stop action for two and a half hours, it was like the original Transformers x 10! I highly recommend seeing it and in IMAX!
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I rented Gran Torino the other night. I thought it was great - ending and all. I can't think of a better ending to be honest. Why didn't you guys like it?

I'm seeing Transformers in IMAX on Friday. I'm excited to see some awesome CGI. But as far as the plot goes, I have very low expectations.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Transformers should only be watched for brainless action by crazy robots. The storyline doesn't need any attention, imo.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

PSZeTa wrote:Transformers should only be watched for brainless action by crazy robots. The storyline doesn't need any attention, imo.
In all honesty i think only a reason i liked the first one was because of the over the top cgi effects. If someone complains about its story line, theyre just being fussy.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

First 30 min nothing happens and overall less action than in the first one.
Not to mention my head almost exploded when I started thinking about the movie...

Seems like 5 year old storywriters are the big thing in hollywood right now.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah I wasn't expecting an awesome story it was as generic as you could get. This does not mean I didn't enjoy it, it's just that the movie would've been any worse if no one talked during the whole movie and you just saw all the action. tbh I only went to see the action and Megan Fox but I'm sure that's what everyone else went to see it for. Anyway, did anyone watch YEAR 1 or LAND OF THE LOST? imo they are both awesome, I'd love to hear your opinions on them if you've seen them
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Both of them look like the kind of movie that has all the funny parts in the trailers, so I don't plan on seeing them.

Bruno looks good, though.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

District 9 looks Fackin epic. I called in and reported non-hummans overrunning several barracades in D.C. 1-866-666-6001
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Porsche-AG wrote:Both of them look like the kind of movie that has all the funny parts in the trailers, so I don't plan on seeing them.

Bruno looks good, though.
Well that was my expectation but there were a lot of funnier parts I think they only had the parts that were funny on there own in the trailer but there were a lot of funnier ones in the context of the movie
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Porsche-AG wrote:Bruno looks good, though.
I saw it yesterday - it was pretty funny. If you like outrageous humor, you'll have a few good laughs. I can't decide if I like it better than Borat. :-k

Hm, what else have I seen recently? Transformers was what I expected...
Bojan wrote: Seems like 5 year old storywriters are the big thing in hollywood right now.
No kidding...

I saw The Proposal. That sucked. I laughed about twice. I decided romantic comedies are ridiculously predictable and are definitely not my thing.

District 9 looks incredible. I can't wait for that... And I found the short film it's based off of: Alive in Joberg. I hope the movie lives up to this little film. It's so cool... I recommend checking out Spy Film's other stuff, too. Mainly for Halo and Terminus - the rest are commercials and music videos... Cool ones, though.

And I'm really looking forward to Funny People.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I saw Bruno opening night and though it was just slightly disturbing at some parts (lots of penis), it was definitely a funny movie.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

what do you expect man! Have you seen the Australian interview with Rove on Youtube and Bruno makes him wear a skin-coloured body suit with a tiny knitted penis? Funny, yet disturbing...
rosetaylor01
Stock
Stock

Post by rosetaylor01 »

It doesn't matter if it was in theaters or at home.

I watched "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" last night. I'm not one of the superfans of these movies, but I do like them. I tend to fast forward past the parts involving the hobbits and concentrate on the fights though. I just see them as well made, epic films. The direction, acting, locations and score all blend together perfectly. They'll never be my favorite movies, but watching them around Christmas is practically a tradition now for me. "The Two Towers" is on tonights
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

2furio wrote:Just came back from watching Transformers 2. I must admit, I was skeptical at first since all the critics were bashing it but I can tell you this, critics don't know s***. They need to quit their "job" of bashing Michael Bay and go find something else to do. That was the most amazing movie I've ever seen. Non-stop action for two and a half hours, it was like the original Transformers x 10! I highly recommend seeing it and in IMAX!
The movie rocked! That's for sure.. But the writers made a huge faux pas in this installment: a human robot. Even that doesn't exist in the cartoon.

And killing Optimus Prime at the first half of the show, and then reviving him back to life, that's just wrong. I just don't approve killing the 'main character' and having him/her revived back to life because I expect something more as I know that Optimus WILL have to come back to life to defeat the deceptacons.. If the lead dies, there goes the end of the show right there.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Watching HARRY POTTER!!! tommorow with some mates not overly hyped about the movie I'm just interested in wearing a bald cap and drawing a smiley face on the back and telling the ticket lady that I'm Voldemort, anyway, have any of you guys seen it?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Saw it yesterday, and I can safely say that I was quite dissappointed. The action was slow, "jokes" cheesy and "romance" even cheesier.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

inorite?

I go to watch it with my gf, and half the ppl ( including me :/ ) fell asleep b4 the real action started. And then the movie ends abruptly after the death.

Waste of $20 >:( , fmylife... should'ave seen transformers instead.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

I watched quite a few movies over the past couple weeks.

District 9 was awesome; Funny People was not a laugh-every-2-minutes movie, but it was good nonetheless; GI Joe was balls; Inglorious Basterds was genius.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hmm, this topics gone a bit quite.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Anyway, it's school holidays over here, and I've been bored to death (nothing to play on pc, I need to 1GB Call of Duty Patch but it's too big a file to download with our internet) so I've watched a heap of DVD's.

Gran Torino - genius. This was such a good movie, you really warm to Clint Eastwood's grumpy old character, and it's pretty sad when the Middle Eastern gang shoot him at the end, the ultimate sacrifice for justice. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, DO.

Boy in the Striped Pajamas - Pretty good, really encaptulates WW2 and the Jew camps, very sad at the end, but unlike Gran Torino, there's no bright side, very sad movie.

Anyone who has seen anyone, what's your thoughts?
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

District 9 was not that great. 9 (the animated movie) was pretty great, enjoyed watching an animated movie that isn't the average movie.

I recently decided to watch some action movies being bored out of my mind.

RocknRolla is awesome.
Smokin' Aces was decent, but the ending was a little more confusing than it could have been.
The Dark Knight is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Heath Ledger was amazing.
Watchmen was a great movie, not knowing alot about the backstory and such, it wasn't hard to get into the story.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Paranormal Activity was terrible. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Paranormal Activity was terrible. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.
I thought it was pretty creepy, especially watching it alone in my room. I didn't pay for it either. :D

Return to “General Discussion”