Rock Music

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Rock Music

Post by Jopuma »

The Beatles pwn all your kiddie bands.

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/ ... erjack.jpg
Last edited by Jopuma on 04 Dec 2007, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Too bad that just says "The Beat" :P

But yes, The Beatles are the only rock-related band that I wouldn't mind listening to. I'm going to see Beatles Love Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas for Christmas :)
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I heard a SoaD CD yesterday and I honestly have no idea why everyone thinks they're so great. I've heard better. MUCH better. I mean they would probably be better if they changed the singer. You hear this awesome song begin with hard guitar riffs and fast drums then the singings starts and its like......no. The singer really kills the songs.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Which album did you listen to? Serj Tankian was the lead singer for most of the songs up until Hypnotize and Mezmerize, where most of the songs were sung by Daron Malakian. They're both good singers, but I much prefer Serj's voice to Daron's (he has kind of a nasally voice).
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I like Toxicity way better then Mezmerize & Hypnotize
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

listening to Joe Satriani's 'Surfing with the Alien' album atm...
gad..dam... ! :shock:
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

It was the Mezmerize album I heard. Excellent instrumentals but the singer ruined it.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

It's an okay album; certainly not great. Though B.Y.O.B. and Radio/Video are two of my favourite SoaD songs. :)
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Out of SOAD's albums I like the self titled one the most.
The albums have pretty much gone downhill since then.
But they're all still ok albums. Toxicity has a few really good songs.
Not one of my favourite bands, but I like some of their stuff.
lol wut
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:It's an okay album; certainly not great. Though B.Y.O.B. and Radio/Video are two of my favourite SoaD songs. :)
I would have to agree with you on the BYOB one. That one is pretty awesome. My sister loves the way he does that scream at the start.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Saosin anyone? I recently heard some of them and I've started to like them. I like that one song Lost Symphonies.

Also Sound of the Sun by Silverstein is pretty good.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Nice, Jop. I used to be a big Saosin fan... I liked their older stuff a little better, but the new singer ain't too bad. I saw them in concert last year, they were pretty good. It was a small show though, so it seemed like they didn't put much effort. :|

While I'm posting, anyone into The Mars Volta? My roommate has got me into them a bit... Their music is crazy.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

System of a Down pwns all. Simply because they don't use the "classical" view of the bands, they just have their own style, it's own point to give to our ears the music, and mainly because they don't care a crap about what ppl say or other bands say about them. Oh and don't tell me that you know about system of a down if you have listened a couple of "commercial" songs as B.Y.O.B , Toxicity, and others. Just listen to the REAL system of a down in the FIRST album (the self-titled one). There's no comparison between B.Y.O.B and "Suit-Pee", "Suggestions" or "War?". That's the real System of a Down.

You guys have to check the "Elect The Dead" album from Serj's single. IMHO it's similar to System (in which Serj stated that he never wanted to sound like system) but with another touch. I bought the normal edition and the special edition one with the bonus songs such as "Falling Stars", "The Reverend King" , "Empty Walls Acoustic", "Feed Us Acoustic" and "Blue".

Also Daron is on his solo project with John called "Scars on Broadway", which is supposedly launching his first album this year. I hope it rocks! There's a rumour about a leaked song that it's very similar to B.Y.O.B but it has been confirmed by Daron that the song it's a "prototype" of a band that was formed years ago and now it's not happening.

About Shavo, he's doing some works with the Wu-Tang-Clan and forming his own band called Achozen. I have no idea or info about the influence he is going to use.

John ,apart from S.O.B (Scars on Broadway), has a comic shop called Torpedo Comics. It's marvellous the ammount of comics he has on the warehouse :shock:

Anyways, if anyone needs info about System of a Down, simply contact me and I'll let you know.

Xturbo.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I don't know what it is that makes the NFS soundtracks so good, but after hearing Decadence by Disturbed I've never looked back...

KoRn is great as well, especially Twisted Transistor, Coming Undone and Freak on a Leash.

I've only heard one of their songs, which was from Burnout Revenge, but Ink by Finch is a pretty good song.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re:

Post by baumaxx1 »

boganbusman wrote:Yes Pink Floyd is awesome :D

My other favourites include:
Queens of the Stone Age
Audioslave
Soundgarden
Rage Against the Machine
AC/DC
Deep Purple
U2
Linkin Park
System of a Down
Foo Fighters
etc . . .

Loving that list.... see Linkin Park live with Chris Cornell? Good concert. =D>
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: Re:

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

boganbusman wrote:Yes Pink Floyd is awesome :D

My other favourites include:
Queens of the Stone Age
Audioslave
Soundgarden
Rage Against the Machine
AC/DC
Deep Purple
U2
Linkin Park
System of a Down
Foo Fighters
etc . . .
Awesome list bogan. ACDC FTW!!
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Heh, I'm glad you guys like that list, but to be honest I've moved on from there . . . the only bands on that list that I still listen to would be QOTSA, and a bit of Deep Purple and old-school Linkin Park.

I still listen to rock, but also a lot of classical and Japanese stuff :mrgreen:
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Yeah QOTSA are still a great band, sometimes I heard Josh sells out, but IMO they're still good. I really like 'Make It With Chu'. That song really gets your feet tapping lol. Also Burn The With is brilliant.

Saosin has some nice songs too, but it's not really my style.. You're Not Alone and It's Far Better To Learn are nice.

I recently downloaded some new 'Alternative Times' volumes, it's a great way to discover new bands. But a lot of the songs are also crap.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Wow I'm really likin Norma Jean's new CD. The song "Songs Sound Much Sadder" is awesome. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDvwsWrUeRw
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Norma Jean is pretty cool. I'd rather listen to Underoath any day though...
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Zero260 wrote:Norma Jean is pretty cool. I'd rather listen to Underoath any day though...
I agree with you on that part. I recently heard that Underoath is going to start recording their new album in March and that it should be released by May or something. I don't remember because I read it when I was tired.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD1SHmYXp4Q

Cool song.
BTW, Ive been listening to Serj Tankian lately. He's great, I think it sounds better than SOAD.
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Jopuma wrote:I agree with you on that part. I recently heard that Underoath is going to start recording their new album in March and that it should be released by May or something. I don't remember because I read it when I was tired.
I know they're releasing a DVD in July... Haven't heard about the future album, but I checked Wiki and it said they're gonna start recording in March and it will be released in the summer... Doesn't seem like much time to record and release an album. :? It also says it will be considerably heavier than Define The Great Line. 8)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Early Silverchair... namely Frogstomp is good.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

SOAD- A.D.D
KoRn-Clown
Linkin Park-Crawling
Filter-Best Things
Stabbing Westward-(Forgot the song but it's on the movie"The Covenant")
Puddle Of Mudd-Psyco

all of these songs are a must in order of me to not get stressed in CoD4 multiplayer and RTS games. or even just driving out of town

Return to “General Discussion”