some hardware error

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

some hardware error

Post by Ragotech »

i have some major errors soo please some help ,when i play some game like need for speed MW and mafia or the godfather, my hard disk suddenlly turns off and my computer restarts all over again. so some said to me to change the power connection with the CD rom one, so it happened again but after a longer time so please i can not play any game. :cry:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Could be insufficient (or faulty) power supply. Hard to confirm without getting a replacement though.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

There are softwares that let you know the voltage amount your source is generating. The one I know of is PCAlert4, but I think it is a program for MSI only. You should see if there is one such as this one for your mainboard. If the 12v is actually 11.5v or less, that I'd say you are having a lack of power.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Can be monitored with Speedfan. I do have to say that these readings are not accurate though.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

SiSoft Sandra.
lol wut
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

Are you sure it's the harddisk turning off and not the CPU overheating and shutting itself (including the whole system) off? Overheating could also be a problem I guess. Try and run Motherboard Monitor 5 in the background with logging enabled and look at your log after it has shutdown. (It should be able to safe the log while running in the background, can someone confirm this)
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Ues that sounds the right thing to do. If it were the HD turning off, the comp would still run (theoretically, I've nerver tryed polling the HD plogh while runnig), since the OS is loaded to the memory, and you would get a bunch of erros screens.
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

i will try to turn the heat protection off for a few min and try.
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

i have found the error,it is in either data cable or i have found something between the fan and the processor which i think is the real problem [increase the heat of the processor].thank guys for ur help.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”