Interview with Larry LaPierre

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Interview with Larry LaPierre

Post by Skyline_man »

On the official site, you can find a new interview with Larry LaPierre, the executive producer of NFSC, the interview mainly talks about the new aspects of the game.
CT: What can you tell us about the cars and customization in NFS Carbon?

LL: I love the car set this year - we have such a cool variety with Tuners, Muscle and Exotics. The feel of each is really unique and as far as customization goes we have a totally new way to trick out your car with Autosculptâ„¢.
Read the rest of the interview here.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

I had seen the interview and it has me more excited. I was nervous at first about the whole "taking back the neighborhood" deal, but it's sounding less and less like GTA which is definitely a plus. :)
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

here are some interesting points:

"In NFS Carbon, our hero from Need for Speedâ„¢ Most Wanted returns back home to Palmont city only to find out things have changed. He has been framed for a race that went wrong, rival street racing gangs have taken over, and like any good conflict, it has to be settled on the streets in their cars"

so they will be that heroic BMW M3 GTR with the same vinyl in MW? sweet!!!!
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Ummm, no, the BMW might not be in Carbon...the hero returns, but it is not sure the car returns. Don't jump to conclusions...
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

I wonder how it wokrs then, it'd be nice if you started witht he BMW, I certainly wouldn't complain about that.

In fact, I think it should start that way seeing as that Beamer was part of all the chaos in MW. But whos knows, it might already be that way, but then again it might not. :?
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

maybe the hero gets totaled it some how and we arent able to use it anymore

since they had 2 LeMans cars in the game like the BMW GTR and the C6R, they should add a few more of those and make them special bonus cars that u can unlock.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

well, let's look at things logically here.

Palmont City is where it all started, where the Underground Series took place. For whatever reason, the guy decided to get a fresh start at another city because his car got totaled, hence Underground 2. Our same hero moves on to Most Wanted with a shiny new BMW. and from where? apparently he conjured it up from thin air. so guys, don't get your hopes up that the BMW will be in this game, or that it might be the starting car. from past examples, EA has never used an ending car as a starting car.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

geeze. dont get me wrong but as the many times i restart nfs games to beat em; isnt the hero from most wanted the same one from underground 2

AND

in the beginning of underground 2, the girl said some guy from underground 1 back stabbed u or something???!!! (the skyline shows when u start a new career in underground 2)

this man has been everywhere (cough recycle) lol
LL wrote: we have such a cool variety with Tuners, Muscle and Exotics
Cool Vareity eh? i bet he only adds the cars people didnt want in the game and are cool to him >=O
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The hero car from U2 the same as in MW? In U2 there was no hero car, only the green 350Z on the cover that you use at the start of the game. and there never was a BMW in U2.

As for the city, the new city does not resemble anything from U, LL said that it was based on Santa Fe and carbon Canyon. and the city of U1 was based on LA and the californian cost!
(the canal, chinatown and more... already told it in a other topic.

So I really doubt it is the first city, would be cool thoug. cause the city of Undeground was really well made.
Lord J
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Lord J »

the "hero" car in U2 was that blue skyline...till it gets mangled by that H2...at least I would think that skyline was the "hero car" anyway...
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

he was talking about the hero of NFS MW, i think this game will be awesome also the graphics did not change cos when they ask him about the difference between the 3 games he did not say anything about graphics better or new ways for graphics.
ToKyO_Dr1ft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ToKyO_Dr1ft »

I would to know if they going to improve the graphics in PS2.
The Most Wanted graphics are really bad compared to NFSU 2 :D
I think the car of the game must be the Mustang Gt
silencestorm
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by silencestorm »

FOR THE FIRST TIME I AGREE WITH “”THESTIG”“”

FIRST...

LET`S START WITH TH THE DEFINITION OF A HERO

HERO : a person who is admired for their courage or outstanding achievements.

In all of the nfsu games so far, the hero is always the player. Not any other character.
Since the nfsu series started, there had been story lines. in these stories the player is given a
series of assignments to achieve, for example, the magazines of the games. In order to collect the
magazines you had to “ACHIEVE” certain assignments such as ; winning races , style starts
and others like, time trials to win body parts, and most important to beat all the gangs from
the street racing world(which normally is just one crew).

Now here is my point, we as players of the game, take “COURAGE” to accomplish all this
“OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS” and I can`t believe you guys are calling the hero of the game “”BLUE SKYLINE”“??? ”“BMW”??? ...pls!!!!

The player is the one that gets all the credit at the end, isn`t it?
The player is the one that gets admired by Brooke burk and all the hot girls
at the end, not the so called “BLUE SKYLINE”, isn`t it?
So we are the hero not the “BLUE” guy mentioned above or the “BMW”
you guy said...

In all, I just wanted to make clear that the player is the one that beats all the gangs, collect the magazines, complete all the missions, and beat the game. that`s what makes the player the hero!!( unless you cheat, then u just a punk ) :arrow:

Now back on topic

the game is sounding good so far, I just hope they keep it that way...
Plus, I is adding...
Im even more excited than Pierre that drifting is coming back. Since u1 drifting had been my fav race mode, plus the cops on most wanted got me tired all ready, I think I have the biggest criminal record on the history of the WORLD!!! I admit it , I suck running from the police....!!!

Keep it in the game, don`t take it out. But if you most take it out, take it to the track not the streets!!!!
ToKyO_Dr1ft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ToKyO_Dr1ft »

But SilenceStorm don't you think there will a special car like the skyline in nfsu1,a 350Z in nfsu2 and the BMW in nfsmw?
And i think the special car in carbon would be the mustang gt :D
jasonrambo7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jasonrambo7 »

I hope They will put Ferrari in.
ToKyO_Dr1ft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ToKyO_Dr1ft »

yes ferrari is a good car, but i don't think he is going to be in carbon :(
I would like to know if the slr mclaren going to be there i like that car very much :)

Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

How is a car "he?" :|

Oh well, back on topic...
A Ferrari in a street racing game would be strange. Sure, arushan is doing a great job at cracking MW, and I'd like a Ferrari in MW, but at night? thats just BS...
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Stereo wrote:How is a car "he?" :|
STFU already.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I already saw the interview, glad to see that LL is so open about the infos, and I`m most gladly to see that there will be a lot of drifting in the game 8)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

silencestorm wrote:I can`t believe you guys are calling the hero of the game “”BLUE SKYLINE”“??? ”“BMW”??? ...pls!!!!
please, if you'd paid attention to the first posts, you would've known that hero here means hero car. some people just like to contract it. the hero character is always gonna be the same since the story lines are congruent, but the hero's car apparently changes from game to game.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I like the sound of the last thing that Leisure Suit Larry said about canyon duels...

I'm paraphrasing here (reader's voice: "No, really!?"): One visit from the &*^%-up fairy and over the edge you go - so no wall riding then!

Should be interesting :twisted:
silencestorm
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by silencestorm »

prince1142003 wrote:
silencestorm wrote:I can`t believe you guys are calling the hero of the game “”BLUE SKYLINE”“??? ”“BMW”??? ...pls!!!!
please, if you'd paid attention to the first posts, you would've known that hero here means hero car. some people just like to contract it. the hero character is always gonna be the same since the story lines are congruent, but the hero's car apparently changes from game to game.
did you at least understand what my point was?

i dind`t say what car a hero gets,or in which games it changes or not.I just said that the hero of the game is no other than the player itself. Now, i know some ppl like to call these main characters of the story-lines "HEROES" and that`s ok even though is not correct.normally, the characters on this stories often are you Adversaries(except for the spoke person of the game which often plays a neutral part), that line alone make razor,caleb and the guy from u1( i don`t remember his name :) ), your opponents not heroes...
AND HERO MEANS HERO`S CAR :?:
i don`t have comment for that one buddy :!:
ToKyO_Dr1ft wrote:But SilenceStorm don't you think there will a special car like the skyline in nfsu1,a 350Z in nfsu2 and the BMW in nfsmw?
And i think the special car in carbon would be the mustang gt :D
yes there `s always special cars ,that`s fun too, they`re just not heroes.

and a mustang for carbon as the main car, don`t sound bad, i just hoe they don`t mess it
up like the one in mw.
--------------------
keep it in the game don`t take it out, but if you must take it out, take it to the track not the streets.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Eddie was the one in U1 :P ... i hope the Mustang WON`t be the car here ... at least not with those things called body kits .. totally sux
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well in U1 Eddie's Skyline was totaly awsome!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

It was crap....

Now back on-topic, I'd have to admit this could be EA's way out of people complaining about crap bodykits.

"If you don't like the kits, then make them yourselves and stop bloody whinging about them"
Just my thoughts on the whole bodykit matter in EA's perspective.

Return to “News”