Dream car...

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

race_invader wrote:Hmm... Don't have a dream car.. My own car is enough for me since its only a kitcar and its fiberglass i could always put a Lamborghini or Ferrari fiberglass shell on it if i had the money...

Wait, WTF? Kit Car as you in you can just replace the shell whenever you want?
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Zonda

Post by Black Fire »

pic was once here
The Pagani Zanda. Sorry to strech out the screen.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Toshiro wrote: Wait, WTF? Kit Car as you in you can just replace the shell whenever you want?
Yep! thats 100% correct :wink: but i would have to add somethings and yeah just it would cost alot but its still good.. I just gotta win lotto :D Which i won't

Here is some shells i could put on but would take a while

Ferrari F355
Ferrari 360 Modena
1986 Lamborghini Countach
Ford GT40
1966 Cobra Roadster
Nissan Skyline GTR R34 (I think only 3% sure)
Lamborghini Diablo Roadster
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster
BMW Z8 Roadster
Mercedes CLK Custom Supercar
Ludford
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ludford »

Cool, how much did said kit car cost?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

$3000 :D
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Is that good or bad?
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Dream car...

Post by RedCarDriver »

My dream car: a Skyline GT-R R34, with TWO RB26DETTs made into one V12 (TVR Speed 12 style), and with all four turbos removed and two HKS turbos bolted on instead. Throw in 300HP worth more of mods, an aftermarket wing, all carbon fiber body panels (PAINTED of course, not visible carbon-fiber-ness), some suspension / tire / brake mods to balance out the added HP, aftermarket Rays rims, and an N1 exhaust (or any aftermarket exhaust), and you've got the best / awesomest Skyline ever made (lol), although that does sound a bit excessive. More realistically, a Skyline R34 GT-R Z-Tune would be nice, or a Ferrari F40, or a Honda NSX or Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 with about $50,000 worth of mods, or heck, even a McLaren F1. Wow, if I was offered one and only one of those, I would probably have to spend a year trying to decide.
Last edited by RedCarDriver on 20 Jan 2008, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

RedCarDriver wrote:More realistically, a Skyline R34 GT-R Z-Tune would be nice, or a Ferrari F40, or a Honda NSX, or heck, even a McLaren F1. Wow, if I was offered one and only one of those, I would probably have to spend a year trying to decide.
I suppose those are technically more realistic, but still far from realistic. :P
setsunakute
Ricer
Ricer

Post by setsunakute »

Mating two inline engines into a V-configuration is not going to happen. Best-case scenario: an inline-12.
Turismo 4
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:I suppose those are technically more realistic, but still far from realistic. :P
Ah, good point, but hey, this is the "your dream car" thread. btw, nice car model.

Also, I don't know why, but I really don't like the 3000GT from Underground, so it would have to be one of the other two models for me.

By the way, has anyone ever heard of someone trying to use the 350Z veilside kit on a 350Z roadster? personally, i don't like roadsters / convertibles as much, but that would probably look really cool.

and, in case you didn't notice, i do like Japanese cars a lot. this phenomenon is not caused by FNF for me, but instead by NFS Underground. lol

EDIT: wait, you can't mate two inline-sixes? i thought you could... i guess i was misled by hearing about the TVR Cerbera Speed 12.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVR_Cerbera_Speed_12
or is there something different about the RB engine that makes that less possible or something? idk. ah well, whatever, even one RB engine can have a lot of power when modded.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

RedCarDriver wrote:EDIT: wait, you can't mate two inline-sixes? i thought you could... i guess i was misled by hearing about the TVR Cerbera Speed 12.
That is not LITERALLY two straight engines stuck together ](*,)
It is simply based on the design of the inline engine, but duplicated into a V configuration.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

boganbusman wrote: That is not LITERALLY two straight engines stuck together ](*,)
It is simply based on the design of the inline engine, but duplicated into a V configuration.
RedCarDriver wrote:two RB26DETTs made into one V12 (TVR Speed 12 style)
yeah, i sorta meant that, but i guess that's actually not one V12 then. nvm, my bad. lol.

either way, i guess it would be sort of impractical, seeing as:

1. RB engines are highly sought after now due to fame from movies, and
2. it would probably be really high-maintenance, especially if you didn't keep both radiators somehow.
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

RedCarDriver wrote:1. RB engines are highly sought after now due to fame from movies
As I have already stated, it is not a literal combination of two engines. All you would need are the blueprints for the RB motor and a lot of money.
RedCarDriver wrote:2. it would probably be really high-maintenance, especially if you didn't keep both radiators somehow.
Do you even know what a radiator does? #-o
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Radiates? :3
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

boganbusman wrote:As I have already stated, it is not a literal combination of two engines. All you would need are the blueprints for the RB motor and a lot of money.
right... good point. i keep saying that it's two engines, but it's really not. my bad ](*,)
boganbusman wrote:Do you even know what a radiator does? #-o
yeah, it keeps the engine cooled (sorta, i don't know specifics on how it works). but i guess it would be high-maintenance either way, and it would probably overheat without a good enough radiator. i don't know how they would keep both though.
Last edited by RedCarDriver on 20 Jan 2008, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

for me... its veyron!
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Is that car even Street Legal?

for me it will be the Ariel Atom

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/r ... arkson.jpg

After watching this top gear show it inspired me haha!
Explicit signature removed.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Yes, the Veyron is street legal.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

If the Veyron wasn't street legal, why would Clarkson use it to do the famous Truffle Race from Alba?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I make my own dream cars. Most reasonable cars modified with my own touch are good, but, what I would build is something that looks sort of like the Audi lemans cars crossed with the veilside fortune RX7, but as a road car, with a similar side profile and headlights as the Audi. Volk GT-C rims in chrome. Focal Audio consisting of a carputer, kit 7 front splits and a sub. Comfortable, elegant, yet sporty interior. And the engine, it'll have to be absolutely manic... The car should be lighter than a veryon and have better aerodynamics, so it can do much more with it's power. I'd put in the gearbox used in the new GTR or from a formula 1, for lightning lightning quick paddle shifts... but the GTR offers Auto, so that would be the ultimate. The GTRs part time AWD is also perfect. Big brakes, obviously... and the engine... It needs response, so perhaps a supercharged + turbo setup on a Quad rotor (that works reliably)... or on a V12 or 10. Mid engined of course. So a luxury super race car.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

If we have to go with the tuners, then an MY04 Rex just like my mums except in STi trim, or an MY99. Eclipse AVN6000 head unit, with GPS, radio, Ipod connection and DVD player (wired up to allow watching while driving of course :)), Focal speakers and a Fosgate PUNCH sub in the boot... And Racing Hart Multi C4 rims in 18 inch. Combine that with an MRT Rally exhaust to really let that boxer note out of its cage and an ECUTek chip... that's my dream car. Can't forget the signature WR Blue Mica, too!
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Heres a couple of my designs:

I guess they are sort of my dream sorts of cars I would love to put into production, although if I made one just for me I believe it would most likely vary a bit from these examples and appeal to me even more, whether or not the public agrees as much.

If I had to go with current production for a dream car I would not go towards high end supercars. I would lean towards a Japanese import modified by me exactly to my passion. Modification of cars visually and alike is one of my hobby's so I would rather build from a common or not so common base to my standards than buy some manufactures pre modified supercar.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

High five for our own concepts! lol. Mine's in the back of a school book.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

hooray for school books!! They make the doodling sessions in maths so much more fun...
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Re:

Post by race_invader »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Is that good or bad?
This was like ages ago but yes it is good, coz the Purvis eureka PL30 kitcar is well very rare in Western Australia prolly only 7 people have them as what dad & i know of. :)

Return to “The Cars”