Is NFS 11 be even worse than Carbon?

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Laudy
Ricer
Ricer

Is NFS 11 be even worse than Carbon?

Post by Laudy »

I regret buying Carbon.

I dont know, it doesnt have that feeling like Underground2 or MW.

Its short, the story sucks and generally not polished.

I`d like to make an appeal to every fan/ player of NFS. We send as much of emails to EA
as we can; dont relese NFS 11 next year(November 2007). If they do we dont buy the game. A good game needs 3 years to make. You cant make an almost perfect game in 10 months. But since EA has a lot of $$$, they would need 2 years.

What'd you think?
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Re: Is NFS 11 be even worse than Carbon?

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Laudy wrote:I dont know, it doesnt have that feeling like Underground2 or MW.

It's not supposed to feel like one of the old games. It's supposed to feel new.
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

i think he meant that UG2 and MW had a certain feeling that every game has, like when you play you just get caught by it, keeps you wanting more and more.
carbon doesn't have this, when you like it most it crashes or you finish it .
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

I really like the game, at least some of the courses, especially canyon courses. I was let down that you can't do them free roam or run uphill races on each course.

Nice game concept, but the fact that they'd allow the PC version to be released with the kinds of problems that seem to be common to most everyone is inexcusable. Not so much the problems exist, that's technology and coding for you. But that they'd release it in the shape it's in. Worse yet, the time they're taking to deal with these issues, assuming they will at all. Great patch EA. :P

They seem to be fine with releasing a substandard product, at least as far as the PC goes, and leaving it as is. I'm not optimistic about future releases if they decide it's fine to take money for defective programming and do nothing to make amends.
Last edited by EcksOa on 26 Nov 2006, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
l2k
Ricer
Ricer

Post by l2k »

Try to look from other perspective, imo, EA has put some serious effort in Carbon, like incoperating popular racing ( "touge", drifting), bigger car list, etc. However, EA is not Blizzard, they put earning at the 1st place. Would you make a game per year with moderate improvement over last one, or, would you make 1 game that costs you a good 3 years ? Is why Blizzard made some uber games, but EA earns much more than Blizzard imo.
rx7i2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rx7i2 »

Carbon kicks ass imo, especially the drifting..its gotten so much better since undergroud 2
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

rx7i2 wrote:Carbon kicks bumbum imo, especially the drifting..its gotten so much better since undergroud 2
I wonder if u played the "old" nfs series...and of course the MW and U1, i dont think youre those "kids" who thinks the new nfs are the best ever made....
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

The game has good graphics, the city is bigger and better, it has a great car list, some nice new features and better sound. It even dispenses with the drag race mode (which I hated) and brought back drift racing (which I like). The problem is that the execution of all these things is done badly. The game is full of bugs that cause it to crash, the story mode is way too short and it just feels unfinished.

IMO they should have included roads to the canyon races, allowed uphill racing and set the game more in the daylight. They needn't have put it fully in the day, but a dusk/dawn setting would have been much nicer then the constant midnight we have.

Also they should have included the police more. In MW they made the game much more entertaining, and the ability to jump into pursuits at level 1 heat made the game much more playable. I found that even though I had completed MW thoroughly I would always go back and have a quick chase because it was fun. Now with Carbon I don't have this feeling.

They appear to have traded the single player features that made MW such a great game for the online features in Carbon, and as I don't play it online much it lessens the game appeal to me.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i like drag racing but nothing like MW, they ruined drag racing in MW i would like to see it come back where you have complete control over where you can go and not just certain lanes
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Here's my wishlist:

1. More cop-involved offline quickraces
2. Day/Dusk racing (or night, if it must, as long as sunsets are there)
3. Any car in the game should be unlockable through normal gameplay (doesn't matter online or offline) and should be available to buy in career.
4. Bring back drag
5. The non circuit/sprint/speedtrap/checkpoint races should be difficulty controlled. For example, when drifting on Easy difficulty, give the car Carbon-like physics. But when drifting on Hard difficulty, give the car more realistic physics. Same applies to drag racing, that is make the Easy mode like Most Wanted and UG2 (lane shifting), and make Hard mode where you have full control over the car.
6. You should be able to choose the difficulty of career, and races should change accordingly
7. Keep free roam challenges
8. Add free roam to quickrace
9. Add an option to totally disable the UI so that a full screen shot can be taken
10. Give a free moving camera for Photomode
11. All areas on the map should be connected, and you should be able to drive there
12. More highways and straitways. Some of us want to test the limits of the car we drive
13. Bring back Dyno Tuning. It may have been more involved than some wanted, but it was still good.
14. Keep the new vinyl system but add more layers
15. Add more Autosculpt kits
16. Add the ability to "smart mirror" decals and numbers
17. Beta test the game to get out most kinks
18. Make the game compatible with DX9 and not just DX10.

Wow, that was a lot, wasn't it?
omg_drifting_firetruck
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by omg_drifting_firetruck »

i think Carbon is fine the way it is except for the random crashes to desktops
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Well if we shall look at the development so far for NFS we can look forward to another buggy and even more crappy game.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

@ Prince : Shouldnt realistic damage be in that list of ur too.... :P

Apart from that..i think that covers most of the stuff....although a 2 yrs wait would be just vay too long..i mean id grow old by then :|
keanhong
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keanhong »

underground 2 's accessories customization + MW police + Carbon all with good story will be the best..
and IMO the NFSC is released too early.. if EA can produce a good game, time is not a problem for me.. don't look for money ... ea...
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

prince1142003 wrote:Here's my wishlist:

1. More cop-involved offline quickraces
2. Day/Dusk racing (or night, if it must, as long as sunsets are there)
3. Any car in the game should be unlockable through normal gameplay (doesn't matter online or offline) and should be available to buy in career.
4. Bring back drag
5. The non circuit/sprint/speedtrap/checkpoint races should be difficulty controlled. For example, when drifting on Easy difficulty, give the car Carbon-like physics. But when drifting on Hard difficulty, give the car more realistic physics. Same applies to drag racing, that is make the Easy mode like Most Wanted and UG2 (lane shifting), and make Hard mode where you have full control over the car.
6. You should be able to choose the difficulty of career, and races should change accordingly
7. Keep free roam challenges
8. Add free roam to quickrace
9. Add an option to totally disable the UI so that a full screen shot can be taken
10. Give a free moving camera for Photomode
11. All areas on the map should be connected, and you should be able to drive there
12. More highways and straitways. Some of us want to test the limits of the car we drive
13. Bring back Dyno Tuning. It may have been more involved than some wanted, but it was still good.
14. Keep the new vinyl system but add more layers
15. Add more Autosculpt kits
16. Add the ability to "smart mirror" decals and numbers
17. Beta test the game to get out most kinks
18. Make the game compatible with DX9 and not just DX10.

Wow, that was a lot, wasn't it?
I agree completely
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

yeh sumfin like that. totally agree with the difficulty settings, so noobs can do what they normally do and ill just play with normal physics and no1 will complain =)
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

All need for speed games rule .. i dout it they'll make a crappy game
Explicit signature removed.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Agree with Ceano. Ever since U2, the games have got more buggy each year. At this rate, next year's offering will be playable for about 5 seconds before each crash to desktop :roll:
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

and in 10 years you can't even enter the game.
Or it will restart your PC
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

In 10 years, EA will directly beam the game into your head and charge you per thought.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

but what happens when the game crashes in our heads :lol:
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

LOL our brain will be destroyed and they will be all arrested (only LaPierre who will be executed)
Laudy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Laudy »

Hey lets not get too far from the topic.

Maybe I didnt explain clearly. If someone plays Carbon and never played other NFS will say thats great. But when someone played Porsche 2000 (the best imo) and went through every single game I think he'll say that rubbish. So do I. For you who cant wait 2 years I must say that you probably never played a great game. I cant wait when GTA 4 comes around( and thats in June 2008!) and I must say that waiting 3 years for a great game isnt much. Especially if you still play it. So that actually better than to play a game every year for maybe at most for 4 weeks (San Andreas was released in June 2005)

I, no, we should rather wait for 2 years for NFS 11. (Im sure tthey'll think of a better name)
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Waiting two years would make alot of fans angry, but it probably would be a good idea. It would give them more time to add newer and better ideas to the game.. more cars, bigger cities, and alot more.
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

and dont forget thorough testing of bugs/glitches/etc

Return to “Carbon”