The debate!

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
HypermanEX
Ricer
Ricer

The debate!

Post by HypermanEX »

Here's something everyone should notice. The Vauxhall Monaro looks almost exactly like the Pontiac GTO. In NFS:MW, their body kits look exactly the same. Here's the question. Who should go-The GTO or the Monaro? :roll:
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

I'd probably have to say the Vauxhall Version. Although it looks the most similar to our original CV8-R, it still only has the LS1, whereas for some reason, the US got the 6 Litre LS2, before even our aussie Monaro's did. SO i'd have to say, drop the Vauxhall, not on looks but on engine setup
omg_drifting_firetruck
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by omg_drifting_firetruck »

oh geez get both =)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

GTO i think it has better performance
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The Vauxhall Monaro VXR also has the 6.0 engine, and in real life it got better brakes and suspension then the GTO counterpart.
Maverick2K4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Maverick2K4 »

Well, first you have to realize that the GTO is a Monaro that's been rebadged for US release. That's why they "almost" look exactly alike... because they are the same car.
| Ryu |
Drift King
Drift King

Post by | Ryu | »

Personally, I wonder why EA didn't just put our Holden Monaro in the game in the first place :P
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

I know its a monaro, lol i've been around holdens since the VB was released. The Vauxhall VXR only has the 5.7 litre LS1, but now all holden 8's are the LS2, pity they have discontinued the Monaro until around 2008 when the new Aussie designed Camaro is released
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

what i dont get is why detroit (GM) is looking for a foreign car to turn around and badge as an american classic. cant they come up with their own
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

The Vauxhall Monaro VXR has a 6.0 litre engine. The original, STANDARD Vauxhall Monaro (non-VXR) was a 5.7.

http://www.newcarnet.co.uk/Vauxhall_Mon ... tml?id=657

The GTO should be dropped and the Monaro replaced with the latest/last UK edition, the VXR 500 (i.e. 500 BHP from a 6.0 litre lump).

Hope this clears up the confusion!
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Drop the GTO
HypermanEX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HypermanEX »

Well they are the same car. What I'm saying is that there should only be one "GTO" or "Monaro VXR." So there won't be like 2 cars who look the same.
HypermanEX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by HypermanEX »

Besides, this is in-game discussion, not real life.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

SomeKindOfMonster you are stuburn aren't you.

Like DarrenR said it is a 6.0 that is why it is a VXR edition!
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

i say drop em both, driving them sucks :lol:
they look alright though :)
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Because i was reading through the car specs in the Prima Stradegy guide, and it clearly states, Vauxhall VXR 5.7 litre V8, Pontiac GTO ^litre V8. That is why IN_GAME (which is what this topic was about) the GTO has higher performance stats than the VXR. I couldn't be too sure about the VXR in reality, because I come from where the original is from, not the export version.

Edit: Whats the difference then between the 350z and the G35? I wouldn't know, as we don't get them here in australia. But if EA had dropped one of the Monaro Variants, and one of the 350 Variants, some other vehicles could have taken up that space, and provided a broader range of cars
Picc84
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Picc84 »

Drop em' both... I hate them both...
Skyline-GTaRt
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Skyline-GTaRt »

[quote="Whats the difference then between the 350z and the G35? I wouldn't know, as we don't get them here in australia. But if EA had dropped one of the Monaro Variants, and one of the 350 Variants, some other vehicles could have taken up that space, and provided a broader range of cars[/quote]

The G35 Was intended to be the new skyline infact it is badged as a skyline in Japan, it's just that in America it is known as Infinity, much like Honda is badged as Acura.
Core 2 Quad QX6600/2GB Geil 6400 Black Dragon/2x 8800 GTS/580w Hiper Type R/X-Fi Elite Pro
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

So its another waste of a car space in NFS basically? Should have put in the A9X torana, not many people out of aus would know about them
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

SomeKindOfMonster wrote:.. not many people out of aus would know about them
That doesn't make a hugely compelling argument for including it, regardless of its Aussie legend status.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

SomeKindOfMonster wrote:Because i was reading through the car specs in the Prima Stradegy guide, and it clearly states, Vauxhall VXR 5.7 litre V8, Pontiac GTO ^litre V8. That is why IN_GAME (which is what this topic was about) the GTO has higher performance stats than the VXR. I couldn't be too sure about the VXR in reality, because I come from where the original is from, not the export version.
Hmmm - sounds like EA messed up again then :lol:
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

GT3x24x7 wrote:
SomeKindOfMonster wrote:.. not many people out of aus would know about them
That doesn't make a hugely compelling argument for including it, regardless of its Aussie legend status.
No I just meant, I'm sure although it is unpopular worldwide, it would still be a massive hit. I mean cummon, a pushrod V8 powered 4 door hatch? I used to own one, and they drift like a pig. It would make for a more interesting game if cars from all over the world were used, instead of 7 or 8 cars from the well known companies is all I am saying. The torana was a very mighty little car in its day, and earn't hero status by completely destroying 351 XY GTHO's etc in the Touring car series for years.

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/wray/Im ... ttsLH3.jpg
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Well the specs in the game don't say much... :wink:
I mean common the AE86 Corolla GT-S has really high specs in the game as "stock" car.
while in real life it isn't by far as fast as in the game.

In MW the VXR and the GTO both had EXACTLY the same specs.

You have to remember that the GTO is also tuned even as "stock" it has nitrous installed and they have to make the GTO a good oponent against tuned tier 2 cars.
If they had a stock GTO in the game it would not get a chance to win a race in tier 2.

And the strategy guide doesn't say much now does it? it could very well be just a simple typo.
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Yeah that is true. I guess you can't expect much from an arcade style game as far as real world specs go. But at least now I know that the Poms get the 6litre as well now.
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

A9X Torry would be an awesome car to have in Carbon.

They should of had a few oldschool Aussie cars, they chuck in a bunch of old school american cars, they could've lost 1 of the Monaro variants (The GTO i reckon) and teh G35 could've been left out, and put in 2 old muscle cars from down under.
To make it interesting an XY GTHO Phase III and an old HZ Monaro or something to spice things up

Return to “Carbon”