NFS Carbon graphics quality horrible

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
vee12
Ricer
Ricer

NFS Carbon graphics quality horrible

Post by vee12 »

Strangely this game seems to have regressed in graphics quality relative to the older NFS titles. NFS-MW and NFSU2 (IMO) seem to have superior graphics compared to Carbon. The roads in Carbons look as if they were hastily drawn with charcol on rough drawing paper. Everything else is not too detailed or well defined either, even with the video settings to the max (1600 x 1200 res). Whats the story with the graphics of Carbon?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i think it has something to do with the night environment. i agree the graphics in MW are more superior although the carbon gfx engine is basically the same as MW's. if it isnt broke then dont fix it thats what i have for EA
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

well, i cant see any problems with the graphics, altough i think i might put the reflections a bit down....my car looks like a mirror in chrome silver!!
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

I would say that i see Carbon graphics being better then MW ones. In MW some colors looked rather dark or something. Here at least I can see every and each color got its own look, more of that car models improved abit from what i can see. Take even a look on wheel textures.
Shalashaska
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Shalashaska »

well most wanted had an overdose of reflection IMO, it was like all the cars were made out of varius colours of glass

sumtimes, especialy with certain gloss colours, it was actualy rather hard to get a feel for the cars lines and shape, just a mass of sharp relections

carbon i think looks better, but it may come off a tad cartoonish, it allso reminds of the underground games

its a shame neons wernt introduced again, im sure in the new updated engine they could have looked very good, relecting on the cars underside etc

that and the customising, and especialy vinyles look considerably better than most wanted

hoowever im mostly considering the "show room" car graphix here...

Return to “Carbon”