Hello everyone!

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

I'm glad that you are, mstephenson. And that the naysayers are proven wrong.

We want a better NFS game. I'm sure all of us agree with that.

~Ra'akone
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Ofcourse we want a better game. But it wont happen when all EA needs is just enough sales off the name of Need for Speed and marketing alone. The game doesnt need to be perfect. Just decent enough to be titled "NFS". Case in point, Autoscult. It was hyped up and EA didnt deliver. This was hyped up on many sites and got many people to buy a game that they became disappointed with. I saw the copout of Autosculpt somewhat of a low blow on our part.

It really makes me thankful I have friends dumb enough to buy games the moment they come out, jsut so I can borrow them the 2 days after they beat it.
korge
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

The canyon stages really made this game for me. While the career mode was unusually short, it can be argued there's a lot of play left when you start going after offline challenge series and rewards cars that might demand a second run through career mode. I don't know how eager I'd be to do a second career run-through after finding my first strategy didn't get many of the rewards cards I was hoping for.

I'm hoping that the canyon courses are in future NFS games that include tuners, and hopefully we'll see uphill versions of the canyon courses added. I found the lack of being able to race uphill on courses like Lofty Heights the one thing missing that would have made this the kind of NFS game I always wanted to play.

As far as complaints go, aside from the crashing issues I experienced, I'm not a big fan of PULC. I have no problem with companies offering content that can be unlocked via normal play. I understand the argument that some people are casual players, and don't have the time to go through the game to unlock everything, but would like to have certain cars to have fun with, online and off.

But cars like the Corolla seem to be unlocked for PC only through purchasing a car bundle online from the PC webstore. It was all the fan talk that this car was in the game that made me want to buy Carbon for the most part, though I never saw an official announcement from EA that it was a part of Carbon's actual car list.

So that brings up the issue of all the mystery regarding certain cars that people are sure to be in the game, but nobody seemed to know how to unlock them. While some degree of mystery could be fun, I think some sort of repository of facts, such as what cars are unlocked via game play, and which ones can only be bought online, would have been far more helpful. But probably less entertaining for anyone following all the stories people made up on forums in an attempt to send people on wild goose-chases.

Despite the glitches, I still liked the game. I don't know if I'd call it the best I ever played, but I certainly played it a lot online and had fun with it.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'm noticing there just FEW ppl "complaining" about the bugs, glitches etc. What's the point to add features, more cars, inverted canyon duels, unlocking stuff, IF EA DOESNT TAKE A LOOK FIRST IN THE GAME ENGINE???

If that dude can offer to us change something essential in the new nfs games and they gave us 2 choices: REPAIR AND "NO BUGS" (more stability) or MORE STUFF (like neons, cars, etc) I would choose REPAIR AND NO BUGS. WHY? because you can have a lot of stuff in the game, BUT if those elements are NOT working properly (call them BUGS, etc) there's no enjoyment of that stuff!!! I hope someone can understand my point. First the base, then the rest....we need to ask this time to EA to repair and REALLY take a look to what are the problems (like crashings, errors (MAINLY THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THINGS), do a compromise with the users to release patchs WITHOUT charge!! It's not our fault to code badly the game.

I thinks that's my point indeed.
Hope SOMEONE can understand me

Xturbo. :?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Put a freaking version out for the PS2! I'm not spendin 600 dollars! And put something really fresh into the game that will draw you in. Also a good idea would be putting out a beta version to help EA identify bugs and glitches before the game hits the market.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Hey Marcus, got that email message from Jon a couple of days ago...good luck, and be sure to provide us with the latest in the NFS world. :wink:
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

Everybody is wanting new customization parts and new cars? What ever happened to innovation? No, autosculpt doesn't count because it's hardly anything, both conceptually and...well, what we got. EA is just milking money off of the import street racing culture. We need something fresh (or nostalgic).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

TOTALLY AGREE RAVENGT....
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

How about being able to drive in countryside areas like Kindiak Park (NFS High Stakes), without invisible barriers. 8)
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ya, i liked sort of the most wanted free roam except bigger and more places to crash and drive off road.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

All of a sudden this comes into a request thread :?

Jeez Anyways....

Welcome EAmstephenson really happy that you could join Nfsunlimited.net
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

I'd like the bugs to go away please!oh and a better online mode...the one on CARBON doesn't excite me all that much...

In my opinion what the nfs series needs is to be diferentiated(damn spelling-sorry if it's wrong):the last two nfs games didn't have much to do with street racing at all...ok, we did have the illegal races and the cops trying to shut us off,but...come on!!!exotic cars in a street race????!!!picture this: a starting line with a supra, an evo, a skyline and a tricked out murcielago-what's wrong with this picture?? did ANY of the real street racers here on this site EVER seen a street race with one of the exotics we've been playing with the last two nfs games?specially with body mods,crazy paint jobs and wild vynils?p-lease...pink SLR's with bright green vynils and a wide body kit????come ON!!that's a complete homicide on a beautifull car!!!

so my idea is: let the street racing BE street racing(ok throw in muscles-at least i know i saw those in street races),bring it back to its core, and let exotic racing be exotic racing(maybe creating a game dedicated to a real competition?like le mans, GT or whatever)

oh AND SOLVE THE BUGS!!!!! :?
Last edited by canhoto on 10 Feb 2007, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

canhoto wrote:I'd like the damn bugs to go away please!oh and a better online mode...the one on CARBON doesn't excite me all that much...
I dont think swearing on this site, or especially in a thread that a EA official is known to view, sets a good example for NFSUnlimited. while stressing a specific idea is great, try doing it in some other fashion.
korge
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

anyways NFSC had some good parts...but a few...
why don't EA try to make a game like Test Drive Unlimited???it's an example...try to make the game cheaper and try to make a real world game,cuz u won't c some Burnout's cars on the street doing some races...U will c some tuners(japan cars like Silvia S-13,14,15,Skyline R32,33,34),exotics(few) and a few muscles 'cuz who is going to pay 20,000 euros for a 'Stang(about 20,000 or even more expensive)....these cars u will c on tha streets.....and try to be more realistic with the weather...when rains u "drift"...and again try to re-create to NFS Underground series with more more cars and some tuning-world parts........these game will deserve a 10 mark.....or IMO...
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

Raakone wrote:Now, ideas, ideas....
I can't help feeling all those great ideas will not be regarded, like when EA sent out those questionnaires for carbon, which they obviously didn't regard in the production of the game.

EA needs to realise one thing: we come first.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

Carcrazy wrote:Put a freaking version out for the PS2! I'm not spendin 600 dollars! And put something really fresh into the game that will draw you in. Also a good idea would be putting out a beta version to help EA identify bugs and glitches before the game hits the market.
what he said, plz make it for PS2 also, im not spending 600 bucks for some jacked up version of the PS2, the only difference: graffics
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

actually the ps3 can do one heck of a lot more than just produce better graphics.
it can hold pictures, music, videos, go on the internet, and chat w/ friends, and you dont need a flippin memory card that will corrupt very easily..

the ps3 isn't just some "jacked up version of the ps2"

and in order for the next nfs to be good, they should only have the next nfs game on the next gen+pc becuase the game will utterly suck if they have it for the normal xbox, ps2 or gamecube.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

ok, i didnt know it could do that, and i hope it still comes from current gen systems cause im not paying 600 flippin dollars
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

the prices will drop about $150 before the new nfs comes out, and try making a deal with your dad or someone by saying "ill pay half the price of a ps3 if you'll buy the other half" cause thats what i am doing.

Return to “Carbon”