Bugatti Veyron

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

grow up

stack a m6,m5 vs. a corvette z06 or c6 and lets see who wins (my money is on the corvette)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

darknight788 wrote:and if you have ever watched the top gear episode with the viper it can move rather quickly around turns
I've seen that episode. It wasn't very fast around corners, and the only thing Jeremy found fun about it was that he could write VIPER on the ground with skidmarks. After that the car caught fire.
Mopar_Muscle
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mopar_Muscle »

Snake, I agree about the Viper. Even though I am a Mopar fan, I still can't bring myself to like that car. I've ridden in one before, and at 80mph, the car started to rattle. Faster than that, I've heard the car just bounces. It's can't turn, and its nothing more than a dragster. that is about all its good for, and its somewhat lacking there.

I have to say, that the only good car in that class from the US is the Corvette. Although Europe still beats us in the production supercar market.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Yet for a 300kph, powerful-as-a-Lamborghini American Muscle car, even though I love the look and sound of the Viper, the Z06 C6 'Vette kicks its @$$ in every aspect. And it's half the price of aforementioned Lamborghini. As for the GT, an automotive magazine writer says that it's his latest favourite car, replacing the Porsche Carrera GT. That thing goes harder than the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, and yet it's under half the price!
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Watch Jeremy Clarkson's "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" he reviews many american cars from the viper to the mustang GT500 and puts them against other cars. The only good american car isn't even made by amricans and that is the Ford GT.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

darknight788 wrote:grow up

stack a m6,m5 vs. a corvette z06 or c6 and lets see who wins (my money is on the corvette)
Fair comparison. Stack a Dodge Neon and a Pontiac Fiero against a BMW M3 GTR and see who wins...
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Well, if the Neon and the Fiero team up and take out the BMW then they both could win :lol:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

darknight788 wrote:it wasnt meant to compete with the bmw
darknight788 wrote:its target competitors are the ford gt, corvette, and a few other imports NOT bmw's
The M3 beats the Viper at both track performance and luxury. However, the Viper isn't meant to compete with the BMW, but with its target competitors: The Ford GT, Corvette and a few other imports..

Either you're saying that the Ford GT and Corvette lack performance and luxery, or that Dodge puts up a shiznit product that has to compete with cars with capabilities far beyond its own product.
darknight788 wrote:in luxury ......... sure, performance .......... no
But now you bring back the performance aspect. Thus the BMW can't beat the Ford GT and Corvette when it comes to performance, yet you consider the Viper, which gets beaten around the track by the M3, to be their competitiors?

Are you sure you're saying the right things? :|
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

again the viper wasnt meant to compete with the bmw around a track, i think your thinking of the older vipers when they stilll had live rear axle, the newer ones dont and the z06 still uses leaf springs.
and the gt,corvtte, and viper all lack luxury they were not meant for luxury

and yes to like the viper you have to have certain tastes, like some people dont like coffee or beer
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

darknight788 wrote: stack a m6,m5 vs. a corvette z06 or c6 and lets see who wins (my money is on the corvette)
The M6. Seen as of the 4 cars the M6 has the fastest 'Ring time I think it's safe to say its quicker around a track.

Oh, and it's comfier. And looks better. And in the UK is cheaper. Holds its value better. Manages better MPG. Sounds better. Manages to produce the same HP and almost the same torque with 3L less displacement. Has a faster unlimited top speed.
Ect ect.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Muscle cars DO NOT beat European. As much as you may whinge and whine that the Ford GT is an American muscle car that can beat European cars,
1) as Glopaticki said, it wasn't built by Americans, it was built by Europeans.
2) it is not a muscle car , it is CLASSED as a SUPERCAR. It was built to run with European supercars, as it does so quite well.

Long story short, Europeans build better cars than Americans. No offense...
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

did someone just say pwned?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

muscle cars do not beat european cars where ? i dont know why everybody keeps insisting on comparing american cars to euro cars in a setting that favors the euro cars. drag strip anyone ?

and how isnt the ford gt an american car ? it was made by an american company its the same thing that was chrysler cars were german because they were essentially owned by mercedes benz
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

A drag strip does not test all aspects of a car's performance.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Put a Corvette, Viper, AC Cobra etc. against the likes of Audi RS4, Bimmer M5, Mercedes-Benz SL55, and I reckon that while the Corvette has a good chance because of its very surprising track ability, the Euros will come out on top. Muscle cars aren't exceptionally great track cars. Sure, plant it on a drag strip and a muscle car will absolutely flog the Euro cars, but track ability definitely goes to Euro.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

euro cars were made for track racing while most american cars have acceleration and speed in mind for drag racing. while drag racing does not test all aspects of a cars performance neither does a track. but most people around here could care less how well a car goes around a track .... they mostly care about how fast it is from the stoplight and how fast can it go while europeans are exactly the opposite
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

How did this get from a Veyron topic to one comparing Muscle and Euro cars?
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Toshiro wrote:How did this get from a Veyron topic to one comparing Muscle and Euro cars?
When someone said the Hennesy Viper would pwn the Veyron, or something along those lines
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

see first or second page, basically from the first page it became "well this could beat the veyron" and so on. the veyron topic has been beaten to death now
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

darknight788 wrote:while drag racing does not test all aspects of a cars performance neither does a track.
I'm not disagreeing with you, that may be true, but I can't think of what aspects a track doesn't test - mind filling me in?

(Also, it's couldn't care less.)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

well it depends on the type of track. there are small ones with lots of tight turns, obviously those dont test speed and acceleration up to a point. however a track like talladega is a huge track meant for speed and well thats about it on that one. but there are alot in between the really small tracks meant for a lotus or a big track meant for cars that are meant to go fast
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

And there are tracks that have both long straights and twisty parts, as well. Nurburgring comes to mind.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

that there is. i like going fast and the brutal acceleration that goes with it. being able to turn on a dime just doesnt do anything for me really
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You're changing the subject, again. :? We're not talking about personal preference, we're talking about how a car's performance aspects are tested. Certain tracks can test all aspects, but not all of them, but a drag strip can't, ever.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

well the real subject is the veyron but thats dead ......
certain tracks are basically just drag strips and top speed tracks like talladega for example. and most big car companies like chevy,dodge, and ford all have their own proving grounds thats how most of them from the US get tested.
a drag strip tests acceleration, and the durability of the engine and drivetrain. launching is brutal on the mechanical components.

Return to “The Cars”