Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

Would you want to street race when you grow up?

Course I would
25%
No way! Mommy!
26%
Meh, maybe
49%

Total votes: 73

Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

im an adrenaline junkie but street racing is just not exacly right ive seen too many articles about someone dieing in a street racing crash head on with someone.
and my mom would kill me if she found out that i was street racing. i in fact have a story my dad told me about him getting in a street racing crash:
my dad was racing this dude back to his apartment and he lost control, swerved off the road, hit a bump, sending the vehicle 6 feet into the air and the impact of the ground broke his friend's jaw who was also with him.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Fizwiz, Lets get some stuff straight.

To go to a circuit is not so hard, but in case you don't know (wich I am sure you don't) to go to a track and race there is pretty expensive, it's not like you pay 10 dollar to race 2 hours.
What prices are to race on a strip... I don't know we don't have fixed dragstrips here.
I know they sometimes have dragraces here on a local runway but logically you can't use it daily :wink:

I've done some trackracing lessons and have raced on a track for several times. and it's great to race on a track, but it is in general far from cheap so it's not something you can do every weekend.

And think you have a very limited perspective on driving a car, simply cause YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE.
So you don't have any clue why people race, be it legal or illegal.
you simply have no clue what it is like to drive at 100 mph in a car, and being in the passenger seat does not count.

Look I don't think streetracing is a good thing, and I think people that race each other on a street well over the speed limit and specially in the city is really stupid.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

TheStig wrote:Fizwiz, Lets get some stuff straight.

To go to a circuit is not so hard, but in case you don't know (wich I am sure you don't) to go to a track and race there is pretty expensive, it's not like you pay 10 dollar to race 2 hours.
What prices are to race on a strip... I don't know we don't have fixed dragstrips here.
I know they sometimes have dragraces here on a local runway but logically you can't use it daily :wink:

I've done some trackracing lessons and have raced on a track for several times. and it's great to race on a track, but it is in general far from cheap so it's not something you can do every weekend.

And think you have a very limited perspective on driving a car, simply cause YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE.
So you don't have any clue why people race, be it legal or illegal.
you simply have no clue what it is like to drive at 100 mph in a car, and being in the passenger seat does not count.

Look I don't think streetracing is a good thing, and I think people that race each other on a street well over the speed limit and specially in the city is really stupid.
Bang!! :roll: :wink:
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

T-Type people.

Like the Jackass crew or WildBoyz

Called T-Type people. Always look for something dangerous to do.

Im a T-Type person :)
maksimovski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maksimovski »

tuning-yes but racing not sure,maybe on closed roads with someone that just got his dads ride to showoff,that just that maybe
amritchail
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by amritchail »

Give the kid(fishwhiz) a break!And ill definitely be a drifter or street racer.Hungry for horsepower
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:Two words: Adrenaline junkies.
This is simple for me... of it wasn't for the cop that lives down the street, my neighborhood is a streetracer's heaven! Lot's of quatermile stretches, would be great for circuit, and we even go and drift the bikes sometimes. ( I don't think you could drift a car through the small one lane roads. PLus we have a semetary, also great for draging considering the huge hills at the end of the runs!

I wish I had my licence. Because of NFS ( and my mom's teen days <-- An NFS of it's own) my mom won't even let me get a freaking manual. On my 16th she's probobly gonna get my an old 64HP honda beat so I can't race it. lol (Not that I would though, I weewee the cops off enough with my bike.)
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

Maybe a few stoplight drags, but for the most part no. It's illegal.
Dumbass
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dumbass »

maybe rally racing with my ford puma,but not street racing.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ amritchail: Wow, you're going to get hanged. Singapore won't tolerate any of that nonsensical rubbish, as they have fines of $500 for spitting. If you want to street race, just go up to Johor Bahru, it'll be welcomed there :D

@ Fishwhiz: I agree with you about street racing, but not as intensely. And I didn't know you were 12, but now I do.

@ dumbbumbum (Wtf, how'd you get your name to be dumbbumbum?): Where do you plan to rally, in your backyard?

And I wouldn't street race, I'm just going to buy a racetrack to fit my future Porsche 911 well :D
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

will i be a street racer ? no i wont i see the lives they live and i dont want to live that kind of life. i want to have a nice wife and kids with a nice house in the country, maybe i will even bu y a zo6 or a viper to teach you street racers a thing or two about horsepower.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Lmao, you just contradicted yourself. You won't be a street racer, yet you will show street racers a thing or two by purchasing a Z06, presumably by racing against them. :lol:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

Street Racer = http://howto.thetunafish.com/wp-content ... kyline.jpg
i will not be driving one of those but if i am cruising on a country back road and some "street racer" decides he is going to pass me then he has another thing coming. street racers dont live the life i am shooting for
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

darknight788 wrote:Street Racer = http://howto.thetunafish.com/wp-content ... kyline.jpg
i will not be driving one of those but if i am cruising on a country back road and some "street racer" decides he is going to pass me then he has another thing coming. street racers dont live the life i am shooting for
A street racer is anyone who races on a street, as a hobby or carrer. It doesn't matter if you drive a tuner or not. (Although the 2F2F is a VERY hot car.) Think of the charger in the origional F&TF. Muscles and Exotics (especialy Exotics) are also a big part in the street life.
Last edited by Carcrazy on 13 Apr 2007, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I agree with Carcrazy. Tuners are just shown more often in street races as they are usually easier to tune and much more affordable.
ZOMBE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZOMBE »

steelsnake00 wrote:Crappest. Poll. EvAr. Street racer's are the stuff of fiction, largely. Theres a few around in every country, but most people who claim they street race are talking bollocks.
I think you say that not knowing what your talking about, theirs more then enough people who truly street race to where the cops will never stop it. Anytime I get a ricer who pulls up to a light reving at me or taunting me ill race, so what im just talking "bollocks" now?
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Since this forum is aged under 18, everyone wants to be a street racer off course, that's why they play NFS.. But later you probably won't have the money/skills for it.
ZOMBE
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ZOMBE »

Tyrant wrote:Since this forum is aged under 18, everyone wants to be a street racer off course, that's why they play NFS.. But later you probably won't have the money/skills for it.
I'm 18 and we goto back roads where theirs no cops or go on the highway and do from rolls on their. Its not experience if you do it right, I mean if you buy a piece of shiznit honda then yeah it will be expensive to make it fast, but if you buy the right car for the money you will be at a good start. Problem is most people who race thinks theirs mommy's honda is a ferrari and have no sense on how to truly modify their cars for performance, so they add body kits, spoilers, lights, and other senseless and grotesque modifications then drive around like the Honda is even faster then a Ferrari.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

And by buying a Dodge Stealth SOHC you are buying the right car?
Got the feeling someone has something against Honda? or Honda drivers.
Sure there are alot of ricers driving around in riced up civic's but not all Honda drivers are either ricers or streetracers.

I'm a Honda driver (or Japense car driver cause I also have a Toyota) And I drive the average ricers wetdream, a 2004 Honda Civic Type-R.
But I'm not thinking it's faster then a Ferrari or put a fugly bodykit on it.
And I don't streetrace it, not even on a quiet road.
But I would not at all be suprised if my Type-R would beat your Stealth on a 1/4 mile.

And guess what I didn't even spend 1 dollar on modding and tuning the engine, unless you consider filling it up with shell V-power petrol tuning.
Why did I choose such a piece of SHIZNIT Honda? because I liked the styling and the fact that by choosing a hatchback I got a car that has a sporty caracter but without the lack of any practicality that the average coupe has.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i have a honda. looks exactly like this one except for the dent Image
i dont want to make it look like a piece of shiznit i am more concerned about performance mine may look stock but it really isnt
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

i might streetrace when i am older cause for 1. im deciding between an EK9, S13, or DC2 and 2. Im doing the Hick thing and lifting my truck and putting it through 4ft. of mud
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

ZOMBE wrote:
Tyrant wrote:Since this forum is aged under 18, everyone wants to be a street racer off course, that's why they play NFS.. But later you probably won't have the money/skills for it.
I'm 18 and we goto back roads where theirs no cops or go on the highway and do from rolls on their. Its not experience if you do it right, I mean if you buy a piece of shiznit honda then yeah it will be expensive to make it fast, but if you buy the right car for the money you will be at a good start. Problem is most people who race thinks theirs mommy's honda is a ferrari and have no sense on how to truly modify their cars for performance, so they add body kits, spoilers, lights, and other senseless and grotesque modifications then drive around like the Honda is even faster then a Ferrari.
Hey, you just prove my statement.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

TheStig wrote:And by buying a Dodge Stealth SOHC you are buying the right car?
Got the feeling someone has something against Honda? or Honda drivers.
Sure there are alot of ricers driving around in riced up civic's but not all Honda drivers are either ricers or streetracers.

I'm a Honda driver (or Japense car driver cause I also have a Toyota) And I drive the average ricers wetdream, a 2004 Honda Civic Type-R.
But I'm not thinking it's faster then a Ferrari or put a fugly bodykit on it.
And I don't streetrace it, not even on a quiet road.
But I would not at all be suprised if my Type-R would beat your Stealth on a 1/4 mile.

And guess what I didn't even spend 1 dollar on modding and tuning the engine, unless you consider filling it up with shell V-power petrol tuning.
Why did I choose such a piece of SHIZNIT Honda? because I liked the styling and the fact that by choosing a hatchback I got a car that has a sporty caracter but without the lack of any practicality that the average coupe has.
And the engines can really take a hard beating
SKYLINEHUNTER55
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Post by SKYLINEHUNTER55 »

NO WAY! I'll damage my whole F*cking car!
User deactivated: Keeps on reviving old topics and going off-topic in them after many many warnings.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Will you be a street racer when you grow up?

Post by powerof1000 »

SKYLINEHUNTER55 wrote:NO WAY! I'll damage my whole F*cking car!
Please stop bumping old threads.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre

Return to “General Discussion”