NFS Pro Street, for real ?

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Morniemacar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Morniemacar »

8 supercars, cars that only few people in this wolrd can own.... could be in the list the Bugatti Veyron? (f¨**K yeah!!!!) 407km/h!!!!!
nuspeed2020
Ricer
Ricer

Post by nuspeed2020 »

Maybe there could be and maybe not.....only time will tell.....
Also this is EA we are talking about......Who knows what they have hid up their "BLACKBOX"...... ;-) ;-)
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

I can harldy wait for the demo!!!
Caine pan' la moarte si dincolo de ea!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: reat this

Post by xturbo »

XeqtR wrote:EA inside lick infoman wrote:

developed by EA SPORT instead of EA BLACK BOX and the name will probebly be NFS 'Pro Street'

- the designers hired someone from the University of Vancouver to help make the crashes more realistic
- vehicle chassis can be dented and windshields can be broken
- damage affects vehicle performance
- wheels can break off and go rolling away
- damage is to add to the "emotion" to the game, not detract from the gameplay
- things like what type of hood you use will affect airflow over the car and affect the engine temperature, acceleration, and speed
- cars can be put in wind-tunnels for aerodynamic testing
- 90 areas to modify your car, 30 configurations, and over 1,000 parts
- 28 makes of cars; eight supercars (too expensive, and not many people in the real world own them)
- four race types: Circuit on closed tracks; drifting (you can drift with a partner, and the closer you stick together the more points you get); Speed Challenge (hit the highest speed on a section of track, and going around corners while not losing much speed); drag-racing (the writers didn't see it, but it works differently than before)
- some cars can be purchased with money, while others can only acquired through "Achievements" (not sure about this)
- there will be a "realistic"; mode where you can turn off all assists and drive in an "ultra-realistic" fashion
- cars look very realistic, not like "neon-plastic"
- PC version will be the same as the "next-gen" console versions
- they put a lot of effort into making realistic-looking smoke ("apparently it's quite realistic")
ALREASY POSTED man, can't you check the other threads as well???
red_dawg wrote:I can harldy wait for the demo!!!
Oh come on... :?
And here we go: "omg i can't wait for it..." , "omfg this is going go kick bumbum..." ... WE ALL know that the game is always released in november or close to the end of the year. 31st is the ANNOUCEMENT..ANNOUCEMENT MEANS WHEN EA IS GOING TO REVEAL THE NAME OF THE GAME AND SOME DETAILS..jesus... :?
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

ALREASY POSTED man, can't you check the other threads as well???
He just cut and pasted what I posted on page three of this thread. ;)
Saeidi
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Saeidi »

2furio wrote:That was the whole freakin' point of NFS!

Other than that, sounds decent...nothing special. I won't get too excited until I actually have the game in my hands.
Yes, but this is the new EA, and unfortunately... they've changed the whole point of NFS.
BGam-3R wrote:A friend of mine has read the article, and mentioned these things:

- the designers hired someone from the University of Vancouver to help make the crashes more realistic
- vehicle chassis can be dented and windshields can be broken
- damage affects vehicle performance
- wheels can break off and go rolling away
- damage is to add to the "emotion" to the game, not detract from the gameplay
- things like what type of hood you use will affect airflow over the car and affect the engine temperature, acceleration, and speed
- cars can be put in wind-tunnels for aerodynamic testing
- 90 areas to modify your car, 30 configurations, and over 1,000 parts
- 28 makes of cars; eight supercars (too expensive, and not many people in the real world own them)
- four race types: Circuit on closed tracks; drifting (you can drift with a partner, and the closer you stick together the more points you get); Speed Challenge (hit the highest speed on a section of track, and going around corners while not losing much speed); drag-racing (the writers didn't see it, but it works differently than before)
- some cars can be purchased with money, while others can only acquired through "Achievements" (not sure about this)
- there will be a "realistic" mode where you can turn off all assists and drive in an "ultra-realistic" fashion
- cars look very realistic, not like "neon-plastic"
- PC version will be the same as the "next-gen" console versions
- they put a lot of effort into making realistic-looking smoke ("apparently it's quite realistic")
The PC Version is always supposed to be the same as the next-gen console versions.. EA would be dumb to change this, because around 92% of their income for the NFS series is off of PC, not consoles... a high-end PC is better anyways.

I see that EA now stole "Hardcore Mode" from Test Drive® Unlimited; they call it "realistic mode", eh? :roll:

Hah.. ;) Typical of EA to steal ideas.

It's great to see that NFS is going more towards simulation again, like the original NFS games: more simulation, less arcade. The FULL simulation is newly available, which is good, IMO. Just like TDU... it's a great idea for NFS to become like TDU, as it is now... that game represents the original NFS key points, with some new good features.

I'm fine with everything, and loving the realistic ideas... but only 8 brands of Exotics... come ON! NFS was made for Exotics, and they're by far the best car class... Luxury, Performance, and Style.
Morniemacar wrote:8 supercars, cars that only few people in this wolrd can own.... could be in the list the Bugatti Veyron? (f¨**K yeah!!!!) 407km/h!!!!!
I doubt that EA can get the license for the Veyron 16.4.... it's a limited-private license and that's why the video game industry cannot use it (TDU was supposed to have it according to Atari, and there was a 'Bugatti' folder in the first PC Beta version, but it never made it to the final game). Plus, it'd be really hard to get the sound of the car, since there's very small space for the microphone recorder and the car has a pitch-infuser which can make different sounds from different angles, like the Murcielago LP640... Funny... how the Murcielago LP640 sounds like a SUPER Tubi-tuned Gallardo.... EA can't record sounds... :roll: ... There are so far, no video games that have the Lamborghini cars' sounds close to correct. But, there's an exception.... An all-out Lvl. 3 Performance Murcielago (Not LP640; just regular Murcielago) in Carbon sounds pretty decent to its real counterpart.
xturbo wrote: WE ALL know that the game is always released in november or close to the end of the year. 31st is the ANNOUCEMENT..ANNOUCEMENT MEANS WHEN EA IS GOING TO REVEAL THE NAME OF THE GAME AND SOME DETAILS..jesus... :?
Don't worry... sooner or later, they'll see for themselves. We barely know a thing about the game, so how can it be released in what.... 4 days? Pff....

Come on you guys! Read the thread, and stop posting useless messages!
Mai 31 - Eine Revolution Der Geschwindigkeit Kommt!
Neues Need For Speed Verkündet!
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

@xturbo

Hey, who said I thought the demo is released on 31 may or something like that. If you read my posts carefully, which were only two in this forum, all I sad was that the game looks original and wth good graphics, and I want to play the demo. And I didn't say that the game will rock...

Anyway, not everyone has to have your tastes, who do yo think you are, the center of the earth?
I feel sorry for you,man
Caine pan' la moarte si dincolo de ea!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

red_dawg wrote:@xturbo

Hey, who said I thought the demo is released on 31 may or something like that. If you read my posts carefully, which were only two in this forum, all I sad was that the game looks original and wth good graphics, and I want to play the demo. And I didn't say that the game will rock...

Anyway, not everyone has to have your tastes, who do yo think you are, the center of the earth?
I feel sorry for you,man
First of all, I just quoted about the demo, not the other stuff..so try...TRY to read well first ok?

I'm not the center of the earth...the individual who thinks that is outside of the box...
You express the same feeling of a hyped up new nfs player, that's all. Be realistic, the demo is not coming until november.
I don't force anyone to have my tastes, and if you can read WELL ( I doubt it ) I'm just giving my opinion of all the stuff around the game AND the impression of what's going on with the ppl.

Now get in focus again. I don't feel sorry for you, because that's being a little bit emm... sarcastic? when you say that. I don't want to fall in your game and I don't pretend to.

That it's. Thanks for the critic too. It's nice to hear what ppl say about oneself. I'm not pissed at all. It's great to learn how to deal with ppl. I answered your nice post with respect and trying to being clear. :wink:

That's it.
Xturbo.
jihhvvj
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jihhvvj »

I wont care that there are no cops, but no free roam?? :shock:
Honda is back, w00t, i like that 8)

I hope this is all fake but the honda stuff, only 8 exotics, no free roam...
I will just wait till more info comes
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

YEA! You guys really neeeeeeeeed to wait till 31st to see what happen before criticizing EA, saying they're copycat, game's gonna suck, or anything. They just gave out a lil' teaser, hello?? So save your words. =D
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Hmm...

Post by peterfaj »

The trailer is cool, but about the game:
Pros:
-Cool car in trailer
-More realistic game
-No categories in races (i mean 70 hp car can race 400 hp car). (If this is sarcasm)
-DAMAGE!!!!
-You HAVE TO damage OTHER cars. (maybe)
Cons:
-Ugly car in trailer :lol: (Can't decide if it's ugly or cool, but I think it will be important in game)
- No categories in races (i mean 70 hp car can race 400 hp car). (If this isn't sarcasm)
-You HAVE TO damage YOUR car. (maybe)

As you can see, I'm not really sure, still not enough informations. I just hope it'll run on my current PC.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: Hmm...

Post by xturbo »

peterfaj wrote: - No categories in races (i mean 70 hp car can race 400 hp car). (If this isn't sarcasm)
We're returning to MW philosophy when a Fiat Punto can beat a fully tuned carrera gt maybe :lol:
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

xturbo wrote:
peterfaj wrote: - No categories in races (i mean 70 hp car can race 400 hp car). (If this isn't sarcasm)
We're returning to MW philosophy when a Fiat Punto can beat a fully tuned carrera gt maybe :lol:
That is actually possible in real life. Only important is HOW carrera gt is tuned :lol:
This sad philosophy is in carbon too, just not exactly. Well, how can the game be more realistic if this philosophy will be used?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

That's EA developers job, not player's job :lol:
Idk...there has to be a deep performance tuning in order to be more "tweaking" in the engine, ecu, turbo, etc parts...idk..
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I've got two cons to add :( luckily they can't be sure :)
-no more free roam :(
-no more exotics :(
-new gfx card :(
I hope I'm wrong.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

I would be extremely disapointed...plus on top of this professional racing thing, I'm not all up for that either. They better throw something real cool in there.
vegettoxp
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vegettoxp »

I got hooked on to NFS when I first played NFS MW. I really enjoyed that game. I am a big of Cops and I hope they don't take them out. Why's can EA take some ides from MW and make them into a Better New Game
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

Most Wanted is very good, but the police chases too often dominated the action; you'd spend more time running away from the cops than driving in races and advancing in the career mode.

I guess the cops don't fit the "theme" they're going for (professional racing on closed tracks) with the new game.

Once again though, they haven't "officially" revealed the game yet.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

And again..I found something very interesting..I think.
I just remembered the FTP site..and whoa!!
Trying to be sneaky, I found the name of a movie file. The game has 95% of probabilities to be called ProStreet. The files starts with NFS and the PS --> NFSPS (standing for Pro Street)

Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i wonder what the supercars are then... only eight, which will be chosen
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

@xturbo
I downloaded those files and they're the teaser video that was released. So you're right, there's a high probability that NFS XI will be called Need for Speed Pro Street.
gop92
Stock
Stock

Post by gop92 »

From all I have seen.

I think, can this is just the alternative way for EA on NFS? I mean a whole new line.

Can be just EA Sport wants to make a simulation racing game?
And EA sees that they have a popular name, and just use it. (For more money, ha ha!)

And EA Black Box still make original line of NFS.

If I'm right, it will be two need for speed game, sim and arcade.

I'll watching you, EA.

PS: Just my thought.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

@ Xturbo: Yes, someone already pointed that out at the official EA boards, its almost confirmed that NFS 11 will be called Pro Street.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Saeidi wrote:I see that EA now stole "Hardcore Mode" from Test Drive® Unlimited; they call it "realistic mode", eh? :roll:

Hah.. ;) Typical of EA to steal ideas.

It's great to see that NFS is going more towards simulation again, like the original NFS games: more simulation, less arcade. The FULL simulation is newly available, which is good, IMO. Just like TDU... it's a great idea for NFS to become like TDU, as it is now... that game represents the original NFS key points, with some new good features.
I don't think none of these games are full simulators... try rfactor or live for speed (live, not need hehe). they are like real life = too hard to handle them using a wheel (impossible with a keyboard...) Im 99.9% sure the new nfs won't be like them ;)

Saeidi wrote: I doubt that EA can get the license for the Veyron 16.4.... it's a limited-private license and that's why the video game industry cannot use it (TDU was supposed to have it according to Atari, and there was a 'Bugatti' folder in the first PC Beta version, but it never made it to the final game). Plus, it'd be really hard to get the sound of the car, since there's very small space for the microphone recorder and the car has a pitch-infuser which can make different sounds from different angles, like the Murcielago LP640... Funny... how the Murcielago LP640 sounds like a SUPER Tubi-tuned Gallardo.... EA can't record sounds... :roll: ... There are so far, no video games that have the Lamborghini cars' sounds close to correct. But, there's an exception.... An all-out Lvl. 3 Performance Murcielago (Not LP640; just regular Murcielago) in Carbon sounds pretty decent to its real counterpart.
what do you think about the Contiental GT or whatever other Bentley? they are nice superexotics and I think they can fit at this game.

and who cares about the name, the point is that game was good ;)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
iFT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iFT »

peterfaj wrote:-Ugly car in trailer :lol: (Can't decide if it's ugly or cool, but I think it will be important in game)
It's sexy and you know it.

Return to “News”