GC07: New gameplay video

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: GC07: New gameplay video

Post by ChZ^^ »

Hey dude about that trunk, it is the right place. First i thought it was wrong placed too but its just the black vinyl (stripe) that runs over the tail-light :wink:
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

I rly don't care about replay feature.I don't use it very often.But I'm mad that they cut off the tape repair.That would be real life.You don't have money for another bumper,tape it.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

probably we'll have it, I mean, they will make a special version for Romanians, not enough money to spend on a bumper, tape it! :D
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

If they are some smart Romanians they have insurance.They repair that bumper on insurance. 8)
And btw,won't you like a Silvia S15 repaired with tape? :P
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

lol . . why get a new bumper with a bum* price or get a ugly tape on the fancy colors? . . here in my country streets are very crowded . . . n getting a scratch is nothing shocking . . here we get the damage dented and re-painted according to the paint number . . . it's cheap also . . with a little extra tip . . no one will be able to tell the difference :wink:

I really want REPLAYS back . . and more importantly . . saving them . . cause sometimes the races are so good . . . . it's worth showing em to the friends . . I have many cool replays saved in the old NFS games . . . nfs2se for eg . . I raced in 'last resort' where I finished 4 laps without letting go of the acceleration, running 100% clean laps . . I used the ford indigo . . I still remember it cause I still have the proof . . saved :D . . . but nfs2se wont open in my new PC :(
Last edited by maniksdi on 26 Aug 2007, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

I didn't use the replay either. I mean, from what I remeber, you couldn't save the replays...so, you ould only watch your race at the end of it. And the tape repair would have been cool. And Romanian-ish. Yo homies.:) Is multi romani peaici
Caine pan' la moarte si dincolo de ea!
SPiLLER
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SPiLLER »

if they remove the duct tape features...they ruin the game imo... :cry: also, i predict the damage is not gonna be so realistic (remember, is the 1st game with actual damage after the porsche...maybe in later games the improve it)
PS: yep, sunt destui :D
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i agree. damage is a little too much parts hanging off instead of crumpling.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

dont worry . . the damage will be good . . . one thing ea is good at . . lol . . no no . . not the ironic meaning . . I meant they are good with realistic car damage . . . they were superb in nfs (4) high stakes . . . and even better at Porsche . . this is the third time . . . so it will be good as b4 . . . I am worrying about the balance of money . . ea is bad with statistics/accounting . . their games often offer too much or too less in career modes . . things got bad to worse from MW to carbon . . add the damage . . we have more complex set of money distribution
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

EA has been out of touch with damage for a long time. High Stakes (NFS 4) and Porsche Unleashed (NFS 5) were right after the other. I can't remember if Hot Pursuit 2 (NFS 6) had damage or not, but even if it did, EA has not implemented damage in an NFS game for at least 4 games. Now, coupled with the fact that most of the people who had worked on the NFS games that had damage have probably left the team by now, Pro Street will in no way have EA's finest damage models. The game will be like a baby step for EA, albeit a baby step in the right direction. At least now that manufacturer's are okay with damage models on their cars (and the cars still carrying their brand name), EA will have room to improve in future games.

Just my two cents.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote:we have more complex set of money distribution
i'm onto the bank, to have a loan :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

prince1142003 wrote:I can't remember if Hot Pursuit 2 (NFS 6) had damage or not, but even if it did, EA has not implemented damage in an NFS game for at least 4 games.
NFS HP2 had damage, yes. And if I could remember correctly it affects the performance of your car too, with smoke coming out from the engine. :)

There were some damages after HP2 with UG1, UG2, MW and Carbon. But they were pretty minor. Despite ramming your car onto a wall at 160MPH your car would still look as new with minor scratches, and maybe the disappearance of your sideview mirror(s).

I completely agreed with what you commented. EA will never 'multi-task'. They like to do things one at a time. What a lucrative business they have eh? :P
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

oh yes . . HP2 also had damage . . . . but you dint need repairing . . and I think the damage system was bad :S . . sorry . . my mistake . . EA might ruin the game with damage . . cause in HP2 . . the damage details were very poor compared to the earlier 2 . . . If I was to comment on HP2 . . it had a very bad gaming options . . and the UI $ux badly . . graphics was nice . . but Porsche had a nicer/soothing feel to it . . . . I still think NFS (5) Porsche had the most comfortable graphics of all NFS . . And my favorite stage was that snow stage . forgot the name #-o . . Prostreet will takeover for sure if things go as they seem 8)

danyutz wrote: the alps?
Yes! . . the ALPS . . . I love the part where the season changes through tunnels . . and then at the end Winter fades into Spring . . was amazing :D
Last edited by maniksdi on 27 Aug 2007, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

|Xx.EVO.xX| wrote: And my favorite stage was that snow stage . forgot the name #-o
the alps?
OwnerVillage
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OwnerVillage »

prince1142003 wrote:EA has been out of touch with damage for a long time. High Stakes (NFS 4) and Porsche Unleashed (NFS 5) were right after the other. I can't remember if Hot Pursuit 2 (NFS 6) had damage or not, but even if it did, EA has not implemented damage in an NFS game for at least 4 games. Now, coupled with the fact that most of the people who had worked on the NFS games that had damage have probably left the team by now, Pro Street will in no way have EA's finest damage models. The game will be like a baby step for EA, albeit a baby step in the right direction. At least now that manufacturer's are okay with damage models on their cars (and the cars still carrying their brand name), EA will have room to improve in future games.

Just my two cents.

well what i remember is that it had some 'damage' not much but when your crashed into a wall @ 250km/h you got the front bumper dented and the hood was loose so i always thought.. wtf thats not right but i hope the damage will be good now... if they could only NOT screw a game up they would get loads of new buyers rlly..
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

OwnerVillage wrote:
well what i remember is that it had some 'damage' not much but when your crashed into a wall @ 250km/h you got the front bumper dented and the hood was loose so i always thought.. wtf thats not right but i hope the damage will be good now... if they could only NOT screw a game up they would get loads of new buyers rlly..

did you see how the red m3 went? . . emphasizing on that if you crash into a wall at 250km/h . . you will not only get totalled, but also have half of your car missing . . fingers crossed :D
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

not funny, because those bumps in the road are very very pesky, you can loose control in a second.
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

One of the game producers said that developing a damage system and engine is very difficult to do, and impossible in a year. So we can't expect much now, but probably next year we'll have soe very realistic crashes. I hope
carbon13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by carbon13 »

We have all the technology necessary this year to deliver the best damage you've ever seen in a racing game. For the demo stations in Leipzig we turned down the effects of damage quite a bit in order to increase playability on the show floor. We didn't want people to crash and total too easily. There is still a great deal of tuning time left for the game and we'll use that time to bring the damage system to a state that is visually gratifying, fun to play and provides some consequence for your racing mistakes.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled conversation...

-JD
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It's nice to see that the developers at EA are actively paying attention to what the community wants and are working on improving not the next game, but the currently in development game.

With that said, given EA's previous track record, you'll understand if I'm skeptical before seeing the final product.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

"carbon13"
can I get an autograph :?: :!: :lol:

b4 that . . are you going to do anything about that mini-map in the game? . . it looks terrible IMO . . at least give some more options for the hud . . . . I know it looks more pro with the current one . . but it kinda spoils the scenery . . trapping it in a transparent square box might prevent that pollution :D . . . . . any plans of getting the 3D mini-map back? . . . it was my favorite from NFS underground(1) :p
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

the mini-map is great
bringing memorise back
TheMasochisr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TheMasochisr »

SPiLLER wrote:if they remove the duct tape features...they ruin the game imo... :cry:
STFU
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

PEOPLE! . . . I JUST CAME BACK WITH A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION! . . . . . . . Do you have the """RESTART""" button in the Career mode :shock: . . . . . . . I have the feeling . . with all the damages n stuff . . you wont be able to restart the game from the middle of a race! . . just like NFS HS . . . . it's gonna be so tough . . and much more fun =D>
red_dawg wrote:NO, YOU WON'T HAVE THE RESTART BUTTON. Don't you watch any videos or interviews? They said clearly that you won't be able to restart a race, but you can win the weekend overall even if you lose on of the races.It's probably going to be like in Hight Stakes, the championship, with points.
in the videos that must have slipped past my ears . . my eyes takeaway all the focus IMO . . well . . like I said . . it's gonna be fun . . and if it's like HS . . even better . . HS is my favorite NFS game . . gameplaywise :P
Last edited by maniksdi on 28 Aug 2007, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
red_dawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by red_dawg »

NO, YOU WON'T HAVE THE RESTART BUTTON. Don't you watch any videos or interviews? They said clearly that you won't be able to restart a race, but you can win the weekend overall even if you lose on of the races.It's probably going to be like in Hight Stakes, the championship, with points.

Return to “News”