NFPS Delayed ?

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFPS Delayed ?

Post by Skyline_man »

According to Amazon, the release date for NFSPS has been pushed to November 13th for the US and November 23rd for Europe, this could be possible since that latest Grip video mentioned "In Stores, November 2007" instead of the regular "In Stores, 31-10-07".

NFSPS @ Amazon.com.
NFSPS @ Amazon.co.uk.

Source: NFSPlanet.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFPS Delayed ?

Post by maniksdi »

not good . . I need the game by 27th Nov . . cause it's my friend's birthday . . and planned to give it as a gift XD
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

I don't mind a delay as long as this means it gives them more time to work out the kinks. I hope this one doesn't randomly crash like Carbon did. Did they ever fix that?
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

that sucks
vanyots
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vanyots »

Anyone bother to see the links?!
It's Nov 13th for the US PS3 and Wii versions, Feb 18th 2008 for PSP, and all the other are Oct 30th 2007!
For UK they all are listed for Nov 23rd(even PSP :shock: )
konnig
Ricer
Ricer

working for ea

Post by konnig »

i know some people that work for the ea company that have been developing the game and everything is meant to be on course for the earlier realease as far as i know but if it is delayed im sure that it will be even better as it will be more anticipated than it was 1st time around. i also know some people that work for rockstar and they have been developing the new gta and that has been delayed due to the language translations not being how they wanted them to be at first. and also you see the peoples lips move and the word that they have said comes about 1 second later.
konnig
Ricer
Ricer

Post by konnig »

BluePhirePB wrote:I don't mind a delay as long as this means it gives them more time to work out the kinks. I hope this one doesn't randomly crash like Carbon did. Did they ever fix that?

my carbon has never set a foot wrong got it the day it was released
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i hate this. ea said that the replay was confirmed for this game, now its gone. they advertise partial damage repair in screenshots and that first trailer. now this? ea needs to be more sure about things before they go showing stuff off to everyone.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

BluePhirePB wrote:I don't mind a delay as long as this means it gives them more time to work out the kinks.
I don't think so.

I heard from a friend of mine who was working at EA booth in Games Convention Asia, and he said that once the game released a demo for the Xbox360, it'll be final. No more ammendments will be made, just that for the demo you'll only have lesser race modes. What you see in the demo is what you'll get.
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

I dont really care, could be delayed to the 1.st december... IMO they should delay it should they could add some more things into the game like head/taillights.
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

It's bad that we have to wait longer to have the game,but when it will be released we will have a better game.I hope...
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Andre_online wrote:
BluePhirePB wrote:I don't mind a delay as long as this means it gives them more time to work out the kinks.
I don't think so.

I heard from a friend of mine who was working at EA booth in Games Convention Asia, and he said that once the game released a demo for the Xbox360, it'll be final. No more ammendments will be made, just that for the demo you'll only have lesser race modes. What you see in the demo is what you'll get.
Umm ... that wasn't my point.
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

vanyots wrote:Anyone bother to see the links?!
It's Nov 13th for the US PS3 and Wii versions, Feb 18th 2008 for PSP, and all the other are Oct 30th 2007!
For UK they all are listed for Nov 23rd(even PSP :shock: )
+1

People, please, visit the links! See for yourselves!

EDIT: *Sigh* Now all versions seem to be delayed, according to Amazon. I take that back.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Well i would most like if they would say that it will be delayed till next year. Maybe Xmass time would be perfect. Anyway... i hope that even developers realized that its better to polish the details and tweak the game lil bit up than rush with it.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

TS-X wrote:Well i would most like if they would say that it will be delayed till next year. Maybe Xmass time would be perfect. Anyway... i hope that even developers realized that its better to polish the details and tweak the game lil bit up than rush with it.
exactly what i was thinking. more time to finish the game and kill all the bugs rather than rushing it out and making people waste money on what it was supposed to be. though i do hope they reconsider partial damage repair and replay mode.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Replay mode and enhanced photo mode... somewhat like in Forza2 or Test drive unlimited...coz this one in carbon was disaster.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Just some typical EA bulls*it. But like others said, if it means less bugs, then I'm all for it.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Do you really think EA is gonna spend that time working on bugs? They like bugs... that way you have to buy their new game because their old ones are unplayable.

But if you're going to delay a game, do it for a good reason, like working one one of the features originally promised. If you delay a game AND remove one of it's best features, (Replay,) you're just proving you idiotcity to the world.
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Carcrazy wrote:If you delay a game AND remove one of it's best features, (Replay,) you're just proving you idiotcity to the world.
I was really looking forward to that feature considering the amount of detail placed on the world and cars and damage. Why does that feature ALWAYS get shafted? Last time we had it was U2. :(
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Yea and it was the crappiest replay mode I ever saw.

EDIT: Scrap that last comment. NFSHP2 had the worst replay mode in racing game history!!!

EDIT AGAIN!: Plz EA just give us replay I beg you thats all I want [-o< Oh and give us the ability to save um like in NFS3 and and High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Sweet-16 wrote:
TS-X wrote:Well i would most like if they would say that it will be delayed till next year. Maybe Xmass time would be perfect. Anyway... i hope that even developers realized that its better to polish the details and tweak the game lil bit up than rush with it.
exactly what i was thinking. more time to finish the game and kill all the bugs rather than rushing it out and making people waste money on what it was supposed to be. though i do hope they reconsider partial damage repair and replay mode.
They won't.

As I've said before, the game is kinda finished already. They won't make anymore ammendments to the game if the demo has been released for the Xbox360 version, aside from adding the addtional reace modes which were removed for demo purposes. :P

They don't really have much time left to go fix the bugs, if there happen to be any. :P
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Release date change has been confirmed by EA.
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

WTF, when Amazon updates something, they just update one thing. On Amazon.com it says 11 Jan 08 in the description, and if you press it, it says 13 Nov. And on the Amazon.uk it says 23 Nov for all. If that date is correct, can I get it around Novembish when I live in Norway? Or do I have to wait until 11 Jan 08, because that would kill me. I want it SO badly. Until when is it delayed (Europe/Scandinavia)???
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

They can't delay it more than the end of november.Jan 08 is too much.They won't have time for the next NFS.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

taz947 wrote:They can't delay it more than the end of november.Jan 08 is too much.They won't have time for the next NFS.

dont worry . . I'm sure they have the next NFS planned out since last fall :lol: . . They just need to name it b4 release XD . . I want the next NFS to have the tracks from NFS2 SE . . fun n colorful . . when ppl are tired of simulation, getting some arcade tracks would be best IMO . . or make a different series XD . . I miss some good quality arcade racing games :P

Return to “News”