WE REALLY NEED A NEW VOTING SYSTEM NOW!!

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
Tong
Ricer
Ricer

WE REALLY NEED A NEW VOTING SYSTEM NOW!!

Post by Tong »

WTF??

So you just need to ask for friedns to vote on you?
The more friends you have, the more chances you get to win??

well, I noticed that SOME "ART WORKS" lost for for a "PILE OF JUNK" at the showroom(Carbon mainly).
I know the showroom is just a kind of "fun" and Its purposes..but Its lik my grandpa used to say:

"IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY, DONT PLAY"

My suggestion:Implement a voting system with every detail, lik(why did u make this choice??) and etc...

Also, voting would be ONLY allowed for registered members...

Thank You.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Re: WE REALLY NEED A NEW VOTING SYSTEM NOW!!

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Like my grandfather used to say, grammer isnt just for rich people.
Tong
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tong »

Im not american so I may not speak very well ok. :wink:
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Lan.Evo.III wrote:Like my grandfather used to say, grammer isnt just for rich people.
Like my grandfather said: ROFLOLBBQ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Tong wrote:WTF??

So you just need to ask for friedns to vote on you?
The more friends you have, the more chances you get to win??

well, I noticed that SOME "ART WORKS" lost for for a "PILE OF JUNK" at the showroom(Carbon mainly).
I know the showroom is just a kind of "fun" and Its purposes..but Its lik my grandpa used to say:

"IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY, DONT PLAY"

My suggestion:Implement a voting system with every detail, lik(why did u make this choice??) and etc...

Also, voting would be ONLY allowed for registered members...

Thank You.

DUDE...... !!! WHAT !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o #-o
Tong
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tong »

Please stay on topic.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Tong wrote:Im not american so I may not speak very well ok. :wink:
You need to be an American to speak English well? Damn..
lol wut
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

My suggestion: eliminate the entire voting/ranking system in exchange for a weekly/monthly top 10, derived from duels.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

prince1142003 wrote:My suggestion: eliminate the entire voting/ranking system in exchange for a weekly/monthly top 10, derived from duels.
And duels aren't a popularity contest?

To be honest, nobody has thought of a better ranking system then what we currently have. Every system has flaws and we're currently using the one that has (in our opinion) the fewest.

BTW voting currently is available only to registered users.
Tong
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tong »

Man your voting system BLOWS!!

Seriously...Anyone can call any outsider to vote...call moar niggras(lik 10 or 40) and BOOM!!
YOU WON DA firetruck DUEL!!

MORE NIGGAS=MORE VOTES=WIN

I mean, most of the cars deserved to win, but most of them were made in 1~5 minutes by a 9 year old kid and look crap, then I lik:

WTF, HOW DID I LOSE TO DIS PILE OF shiznit??

Simples, he asked for votes :wink: :wink: :wink:

Change your policy pelase.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

It easy to ask for a change... As already stated, no one has come up with a better way. There simply isn't any way to stop people from being popular or unpopular (regardless of if they actually deserve the fame or are just attention whores).

The only way to have a completely unbiased rating system would be total anonymity. The author of any particular ride would need to remain unknown. Which basically would mean no public garages. Would that work then?

Have two different types of garages. One that would be public and the authors known. Maybe just comment option on those rides, no votes or reputation of anykind. And the other would be a hidden garage. The authors would be hidden and the cars would not show up in the users garage (except for the user him/herself). Naturally all voting/reputation options open with commenting, except for the author who would not be able to comment on his/hers hidden cars.

The various top lists would then be based on the hidden cars. Except for the new additions list that would show all posts.

Any sense in this?

Ps. Naturally, even this is not perfect. There is no way to stop people from using Messenger or whatever to tell their "friends" to go vote on their latest creation...
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Blaah... thats worst suggestion ever! Imo best rating system is NO RATING !
dA has best feature ever... pageviews, but unfortunately in showroom max 50 ppl are active and from time to time everybody will visit everybody so it all ends up right there.

As for rating... 0-10 is perfect, but the problem is that mostly showroom is filled with kids doing favor to each other with 10s and favs... so. I guess.... Maybe pick one special crew in showroom that will be the judges and they will be the ones that will rate the cars.

Also others can rate it too, but JUDGE rate is the one thats typed in bold, higher font size, etc.
All we need are the judges!

Edit:

Good example from nalicity:

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=9811

Review rate could be judge rate,
users rate could be all other members classic rating.

Overall rating... meh, judges are the one that decide who is new Miss of the World :D Same could be here
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Tong wrote:Man your voting system BLOWS!!

Seriously...Anyone can call any outsider to vote...call moar niggras(lik 10 or 40) and BOOM!!

I mean, most of the cars deserved to win, but most of them were made in 1~5 minutes by a 9 year old kid and look crap, then I lik:

Ok, instead of saying things that aren't true, do you have any solutions?
My suggestion: don't booboo about the rating system, start making cool cars.
Tong
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tong »

Tyrant wrote:
Tong wrote:Man your voting system BLOWS!!

Ok, instead of saying things that aren't true, do you have any solutions?
My suggestion: don't booboo about the rating system, start making cool cars.
"START MAKING COOL ARS EH??"

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/?p=image&pa ... /20604.jpg
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/?p=image&pa ... /33129.jpg

Guess who won..yeah ur right,,,the orange evo...
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Anonymous entries still wouldn't fix the problem: I know for a fact that users send out pms saying "rate/check my ride". It would still be a popularity contest, just more hidden.

The judges idea sounds really good, but we would need *unbiased* people who could take the role of a judge. It would have to be someone that browses the showroom a lot and is immune other users' demand for their entries to be rated best. Perhaps hide the identities of those judges. But who would want to be a judge when nobody knew they are one.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Where's the /care when you need it...

If you care about something as lame as a rating to determine how good your 'design' is, then you're saying that comments are worthless, in my opinion a nice comment is easily worth more than a rating system.

At least you can offer suggestions or whatever in a comment, a quick number vote means jack all. Ah, and if you care about winning or losing in a 'duel' that you get nothing more than an ego increase, I wonder why even bother.

^ level-headed thinking done for the day, returning to the usual idiot.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

The problem is that people more use comments than rating, but how much doe comment like : :shock: 10+fav worth? Its just a spam. Imo, judges could improve overall situation a lot. If they comment like its supposed to and rate it like its supposed to all those spamming 10s+favs will be worthless since they dont affect the main score witch is provided by the judges. So all that lets call it ass kissing will be worthless and hopefully people will use more time to comment and situation gets better. Also, todays top section sometimes is bad. Its simple concept... the entry with most comments and rates in particular day gets to highest position, but because all that spamming you can see really average works as todays top. And thats mostly caused by popularity or what i call returning the favor. Some people give 10+fav on anything to anyone, and ofcourse in 80% of cases that favor is returned resulting with bunch of spaming comments, bunch of 10s and favs and there it goes... average car on top.
If that judges idea comes to reality it could also e great to put Judges recommendations. That section would host cars that hard working, a lot browsing judges think deserve some highlight. So, generally... judges would judge the showroom, all we need is to find right people for such role.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

True, sometimes the "top" list cars aren't good. That's propably because the current rating system is based on the amount of comments/votes, not their value (that is for example, a car with ten 1 votes and ten comments all telling it's an absolute piece of crap has more rep than a car with single comment saying it's the best thing they've ever seen and a vote of 10).

Bojan is right, the only absolutely fair system would be a unbiased panel of judges. The workload however is quite overwhelming if anyone is even willing to devote their time in the first place. Lets face it: 85% of cars posted here are mediocre at best... And how many posts a day is this site receiving at the moment? A few dozen? Which will multiply many times over when PS is released, for sure.

Very, very hard to find a good system. Let's keep those ideas coming, maybe someone comes up with something...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

One sort of separate idea comes to mind.

As a completely separate "reputation" system, there would a button somewhere that would say "nominate this for Car of the Day/Week/Month/whatevertimeseemsok". Those nominations would be then periodically screened by a panel of judges (current admins/mods?) to see whether the top nominated cars are actually worth the title and list of maybe three would be visible somewhere and maybe a small badge added to those particular car profile pages.

There propably would need to be limit on how many nominations a user can make per day/week/month/whatever to prevent misuse.

This could co-exist with any type of other "regular" rating system.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

I still think judges are best solution. Not one judge, but whole bunch of them so all that bunch of cars can get rated. As for Prostreet and even more entries, yes! but that means less carbon and underground cars. Right now no one is uploading underground1 cars. So it would be like: 3 judges for PS, one for carbon, one for ug2, and one for both ug1 and MW. so we need 6 people hanging around the showroom a lot. and dont give 10 for anything that gets uploaded.

Just that we dont have that much people.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

TS-X wrote:I still think judges are best solution. Not one judge, but whole bunch of them so all that bunch of cars can get rated. As for Prostreet and even more entries, yes! but that means less carbon and underground cars. Right now no one is uploading underground1 cars. So it would be like: 3 judges for PS, one for carbon, one for ug2, and one for both ug1 and MW. so we need 6 people hanging around the showroom a lot. and dont give 10 for anything that gets uploaded.

Just that we dont have that much people.
Yeah, but we all have different tastes.. Like, if I was judge, the top showroom would have been totally different than yours.
TS-X
Drift King
Drift King

Post by TS-X »

Any contest that has judges has that... take Miss of the World for example... thus there are 10 old farts to decide, and there is average score/rate of them. Also, judges arent some ordinary ppl who have nothing to do with something, so i dont think some newbie would be judge.

When i think about it, judges idea wont work for sure... we need 6 of them, well chosen, have good sense for style, hard work, details and car overall. So yeh, we dont have enough of ppl
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

OFF-TOPIC:
The Gravedigger wrote: ^ level-headed thinking done for the day, returning to the usual idiot.
ROFL!

ON-TOPIC:

To be honest, when someone comments my car, i want them to rate as well, and I do get angry when I lose a duel or ppl rate with out commenting and in reverse, BUT, who should care? The only reason for that is because I don't get much attention, and that isn't really giving me an urge to upload a car... If I had gotten much attention, then I wouldn't have gotten angry, but the ranking and dueling system is exploited. Many new guys to this site gives all the "PRO" ones 10+FAVS because others do it. (You might find some of my comments which says that too). My point is, if a newcomer duels a veteran, with the newcomer having a overall better rating, AND ride, the veteran usually wins because EVERYONE can vote on the duels. I think that TS-X's idea is good, but not as for the rating, but as for the duels... JUDGES to decide who wins a duel. The duel can last a couple of days, and the ppl who are set as judges can talk to each other to make a decission. If I loose a duel against a well-known guy on this side, I'm taking it in consideration that PPL don't rate the cars anymore. They rate the names.

And ppl need to stop giving 10p if the car is good. If it is good, it is and 8. If it is VERY good, it is 9 and if it is FLAWLESS it is 10 and maybe a fav. (This includes me too...) Ive seen alot of comments were ppl commenting some errors or something they dont like, but still rate 10... Why? It isn't worth 10 if you find something you dont like. It could also be a 9+FAV? 1 flaw, but you want to quickly find it again, to show friends?

I don't know if you understood this. It's getting WAY too late for me, and I'm not in the best mood, so I might sound a little... weird...

I hope you understood this, because it took a hell of a time to think through at my IQ lvl.

I maybe wasn't as On-Topic as I though anyway, either...
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

im new here..and its just the passion for carz n modz that keepz me goin and uploadin cars..having judges seems to be the best option to avoid all those 'unvalued' votes and making the 10 minute crap winning a duel compared to few hours of pure creativity.. have certain criterias for the judges for them to decide who wins the duel - ex 1.creativity,2.style,3.design and definitely 4.critics.. its just my opinion..anyone is welcome to correct me if im wrong..thanx..
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

You'll never be able to change the users. If they follow users and don't make uo their own mind, oh well, there are plenty of people that are honest.

Return to “The Showroom”