Re: i need help - showroom weekly

Post by YaelDjiel »

you cant
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Ruffkid wrote:Yo! Yo! people how can i upload my cars to the showroom weekly :!:
make a good looking car and someone from the SR weekly will probably choose it, if it looks good enough.
Ruffkid
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ruffkid »

how about uploading to the showroom itself, wen i try to upload it says login or register wen am already logged in
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Firstly you need to know differentiate between "Showroom" and "The Showroom Weekly". Showroom is where you upload all your car to. The Showroom Weekly is an article. If you want to upload your cars, click here.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

danyutz wrote:make a good looking car and someone from the SR weekly will probably choose it, if it looks good enough.
Correction - make a car that appeals to THEIR taste.. and it might be picked, if you're so lucky as to have your car seen by them..
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Summ wrote:
danyutz wrote:make a good looking car and someone from the SR weekly will probably choose it, if it looks good enough.
Correction - make a car that appeals to THEIR taste.. and it might be picked, if you're so lucky as to have your car seen by them..
Excuse me? We have a few of us deciding very hard on 2 cars. It's not that easy choosing 2 cars to be featured. ALL of us need to agree on 2 cars and we all have different taste.

And we doesn't choose just by chance that we looked at it, we browse thru almost all cars before choosing.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Summ wrote:
believe me, we are watching all the cars, we're not choosing from the tops or the faved ones. if you wonder why aren't you one of the SRw users, that's maybe your cars aren't good enough, try harder , you don't see any of our cars in there, although ahmad did a great replica, still he is not in the SRw. of course it's by our taste, because we choose the cars and we always choose none artistic, but classics.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Wow.. back off.. both of you. You're building a nonexistant case here on a basis of pure assumption. I couldn't care less about being featured, so believe me when I say that not being picked doesn't hurt my feelings the least.. I don't care about trying harder.. what am I, making cars after people's taste now? Who needs to look at and play with those cars? Them or me? I make cars for myself, as I like them. Then I share. People like them? Good for them. People don't? Their problem. Before you build up another case on thin air and try to point out the hypocrisy in posting in the SR at all, the reason why I do it is because I still like to hear ideas for improvements, which I might not have thought of. Alright?
Good. Now that this has been cleared, wherever there is choosing, there is subjectivity. This is a fact and is hardly debatable. THAT's what my post was about, which you brilliantly underline yourselves
danyutz wrote:we're not choosing from the tops or the faved ones
. By saying this, you automatically say there is absolutely no statistical basis on which you make your decisions, which leaves only subjective choice. If you like it, collectively, it gets featured. Else it does not. YOU. No-one else. So please.. tell me again.. what's wrong with my statement? I'll pull the 'If you're so lucky to have it seen by them' statement back, if that's what will float your boat.. but that's about it..
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Summ wrote:I couldn't care less about being featured, so believe me when I say that not being picked doesn't hurt my feelings the least.. I don't care about trying harder.. what am I, making cars after people's taste now?
then why are you trying to make a point here, if you don't care, if you don't want to try harder .. u back off, make room for the guys who want to and try to show what they got. I don't even know why am I answering your questions, or trying to make my point.
Summ wrote:If you like it, collectively, it gets featured. Else it does not.
you are damn right, but it's a WE, not just me
ruffkid101
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ruffkid101 »

thanks ppl but am still having the same problem
wen i click on 'upload'
it says u need to be registered to use this feature
login or register
wen am logged in alread , is there something u have to do after registration
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The forums and the main site/showroom require separate logins. Same username and password, you just have to log in separately. Look at the top right hand corner, and there should be two boxes that say Username and Password,
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

danyutz wrote:then why are you trying to make a point here, if you don't care, if you don't want to try harder .. u back off, make room for the guys who want to and try to show what they got. I don't even know why am I answering your questions, or trying to make my point.
First off.. give me one good reason why I should make cars to please others than myself. One. Just one good reason. One reason why I should care about what you think (collective you - seems I need to clarify that to you (danyutz) every time I state a 'you', as you don't appear to get it out of context).
Secondly, please point out to me where in my post I am trying to stop anyone from doing anything or taking people's room from them.. I didn't attack anyone nor backwash anyone. I didn't state anything incorrect, so why are you in my face again?
Thirdly, no.. you don't know why you're trying to make a point because you don't have any.
danyutz wrote:you are damn right, but it's a WE, not just me
Who ever said it was just you? No matter how many on the team selecting the cars it is, it is still just a matter of tastes. I like red, you like blue. If different people were on the team, different cars would be picked. You can't discuss tastes, which makes the whole point of this sr weekly one big charade with zero value. Why? Because the fact that one car makes it in the spotlight over another is just a question of what you people like. You want it? Keep it. I'm not discussing that, nor am I trying to bring the thing down. My entire point was.. and still is.. that what a 'good car' is, is a subjective matter and a question of group-tendencies. It was a heads up to the people attempting to get the spotlight that there is no right or wrong, nor any checklist of things that should be or not be on the car in order for it to pass. It's just a question of whether a selected few (by which criteria are you judges? what makes your taste better than anybody else's? What are you, designers? Artists? Do you have any kind of degree that makes your voice in the matter worth anything? Do you have any kind of theoretical knowledge on aesthetics and design on which to base your criticism other than "I like this"?) like it or not. Period.
Last edited by Summ on 18 Dec 2007, 00:19, edited 2 times in total.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

you really start contradicting yourself. I'm sitting and asking myself why the heck did you even replied the thread after all; from your first post you sounded like some wheels on your head are malfunctioning, some big question marks raised above you head .. and now you say that you don't care.. you just said you don't care to make cars to please other users. If you think it's a charade, why not PM Bojan with it and suggest anything else?
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

danyutz wrote:you really start contradicting yourself.

where? In your world, or..?
danyutz wrote:I'm sitting and asking myself why the heck did you even replied the thread after all;
Try to read my last post. The explanation is in there. If it's too hard for you to comprehend, fetch someone, who understands english - or logic - better than you.. that might help.
danyutz wrote:from your first post you sounded like some wheels on your head are malfunctioning, some big question marks raised above you head
A little thin, isn't it? This is your second attempt in two posts at implying I should be so pathetic as not being worth wasting your breath on, when in reality you're the pathetic one, using stereotypical dismissive tactics to avoid confrontation and still look like the bigger guy in the eyes of all the others, who either don't have the ability or the wish to think things through. You've run out of proper, defendable arguments on which to build an offense and you're firing loose shots, at which point the debate loses interest; for me, at least, because it contains absolutely no intellectual value.
danyutz wrote:.. and now you say that you don't care.. you just said you don't care to make cars to please other users.
Redundant. We've been over this.
danyutz wrote:If you think it's a charade, why not PM Bojan with it and suggest anything else?
Why should I? For what it's worth, it fulfils its purpose. It entertains people on this forum. Up to them, if they have the standards they have. It's trivial at this point, but to reiterate once again, I merely wanted to bring to their attention that to get in the spotlight, they just needed to make cars the 'selection committee' - or whatever you define yourselves - likes. My feelings about the whole thing were never meant to get out, and they only did, because you and your buddy jumped at me for stating the truth in a way you didn't appreciate.. or simply because you didn't think my words through. Either way, you provoked this.
Last edited by Summ on 18 Dec 2007, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Ok, is the discussion over?
Look in a way SUMM is right, a car that has been choosen is always a car that appeals to the taste of the "board"

There is no question about it, it might not be a unanimous verdict but still.
If someone wants to be choosen, their best pick would be to build something the board would like.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

As far as I'm concerned, it is; all the useful arguments seem to have been exhausted, and I believe most of it is best fit for the trash can.
RobinZ
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RobinZ »

the SRw is just showing what the "board" likes. People shouldn't strive to get on it. There is no point in making a car that a group of people like to get onto a page and you don't really like too much. Just make the cars that fit your own taste and appeals. THe SRw is just like a bonus of sorts. No more agruments, k?

Return to “ProStreet”