Any M3 videos?

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Any M3 videos?

Post by UrQuattro »

Big 'sup' to everybody, been away for ages, but looking that NFS series finally got around to putting proper German machinery into the game, I'm wondering if it's time to get back into NFS! >:)

IS there anyone here who can post some vids to the M3 e92, would be nice to hear the sounds and see how it drives. Can people recommend the game for someone who likes to have more or less realistic gaming experience, or is Pro Street your usual arcade? Last NFS I played was U2... 8) that was way too arcadey!
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Any M3 videos?

Post by speed_man »

No, Pro Street is not arcadey.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

True, Pro Street is a big step towards realism. We're not talking simulation level, but the game has a working damage model (though it is more visual than actual performance degrading, unless you really wreck it), plenty of tuning options that actually have an effect (realisticly too, though not all) and driving physics that is more than just going full throttle.

Also, the AI doesn't seem to "cheat". No catch-up atleast. Particularly in the early stages you can win easily by 10-20 sec (depending on track of course), if you can drive well that is...
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

UrQuattro wrote:Big 'sup' to everybody, been away for ages, but looking that NFS series finally got around to putting proper German machinery into the game, I'm wondering if it's time to get back into NFS! >:)

IS there anyone here who can post some vids to the M3 e92, would be nice to hear the sounds and see how it drives. Can people recommend the game for someone who likes to have more or less realistic gaming experience, or is Pro Street your usual arcade? Last NFS I played was U2... 8) that was way too arcadey!
Hey man! Good to see you around! Got back myself, just for Pro Street.
Knowing and sharing your taste and (somewhat) your background in games, let me put it this way. There hasn't, to my knowledge, been a better NFS, both as a game in general as well as in physics. In more ways than one it reminds me of the original Juiced, though I would place this one a good step or two above it, simulation-wise. That said, it's still a long way behind the likes of RACE and GTR2, not to mention all the F1 and Colin McRae Rallys.. Still, it is way more simmy than any NFS to date and, most importantly, it is a JOY to drive. This game is fun, without the NFS craziness. As it has been said before, the rubberband is gone, which is a fantastic feeling. The physics are forgiving, compared to real sims, but this isn't arcade, either. That makes it perfectly viable for some great fun for already experienced simmers such as you and me, and makes for a fantastic introduction to the sim world for all the other arcade gearheads out there, who are looking to get serious, little by little =).

Hope this helps.
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

UrQuattro wrote:Big 'sup' to everybody, been away for ages, but looking that NFS series finally got around to putting proper German machinery into the game, I'm wondering if it's time to get back into NFS! >:)

Handling is definitely better than the likes of Carbon etc. not quite sure how it stack up against Porsche unleashed though. But, if you are looking forward to driving the new M3 E92, you will be disappointed, the physics model of the M3 and Porsche 911 GT2 are the worst amongst all cars in this game, the two supposedly ultimate driver's car handle like boats in prostreet. So, a mixed feeling, if you want to enjoy sim-like racing game, there are plentiful other cars in this game that can give you a big smile, but if you like M3 and the GT2, then you might as well forget it.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Hey Summ nice to see you buddy as well, and thanks all for the comments. I just watched on the tube a few vids of the m3 which are all a bit crappy, and game looks insanely unrealistic there, may be they showed the easy arcade mode.... Oh well, just for they eyecandy I wanna get those M cars. :twisted:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Well in terms of cars Pro Street is a nice game.
There are alot of nice cars in the game.
3 M series, a RS4, S3, new TT and a few nice supercars.

PS is still a arcade game, but it's pretty fun to drive.
Like said, the E92 M3 is abit of a disapointment to drive, it's not bad stock, but tuned it can't keep up with alot of other car.

I have to say that EA did improve in terms of their car styling. the cars in the game (AI) look decent, some teams have nice vinyl work.
I personally do like the E92 that the grip king ( circuit boss) uses. I think it does look like a real racecar.

If you want a racegame without the high rice level and with a semi arcade style (nice trow around racing) NFS PS is a nice game, it's not a sim. but noy full arcade eighter.
I do have to tell you that sometimes car's don't act like the setup they are (FWD AWD etc) and sometimes act in ways a car in a certain setup should not do.
for instance I have a Civic that as you know is FWD, but it's oversteers when you hit the accelerator, and has MASSIVE understeer when you don't accelerate and don't even brake.
Could be the difficulty setup I have to check that, but noramally it should be the other way around, but he it's still a EA game.

Return to “ProStreet”