New NFS Game in the works + little info!

2008 Need for Speed Undercover
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Re: New NFS Game in the works + little info!

Post by snoopdogg879 »

Fishwhiz wrote:ive finally learned that the nfs producers just can't make an up-to-date, high quality racing game anymore. they have to go to 60fps, way better damage, way better graphics, and a lot better cars. after playing burnout paradise, i can't go back to prostreet without grimacing at how bad it looks in comparison.

the only thing about major damage to where you can total your car in free roam is that you will total your car way to much. If is has cop chases your dead because smashing through a road block will definately total your car if you hit the cops hard enough. If a cop rams you or you ram the cop head on or just plain ram the cop really fast and hard your dead and you would get busted.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

From what Gibeau said I smell a UG3.
snoopdogg879 wrote:
Fishwhiz wrote:ive finally learned that the nfs producers just can't make an up-to-date, high quality racing game anymore. they have to go to 60fps, way better damage, way better graphics, and a lot better cars. after playing burnout paradise, i can't go back to prostreet without grimacing at how bad it looks in comparison.

the only thing about major damage to where you can total your car in free roam is that you will total your car way to much. If is has cop chases your dead because smashing through a road block will definately total your car if you hit the cops hard enough. If a cop rams you or you ram the cop head on or just plain ram the cop really fast and hard your dead and you would get busted.
Agreed^
You can't have cops and damage in the same game.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

there probably going to continue the story from carbon
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

yes. as i've mentioned both in this and other forums, you just can't have cops+damage...

The only way you could possibly win is if you're already a real police officer who has experience in high speed pursuits...

So, Hot Pursuit 3 seems good, but unrealistic.

BUT

If you got the damage system from Burnout, where if you total, you somehow go to 'damaged', and then more damaged, until you lose the race. THAT might work.
oh snap
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

taz947 wrote:
Agreed^
You can't have cops and damage in the same game.
That's exactly what High Stakes had (one of the best NFS games to date :P )
snoopdogg879
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Sitting in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition that is fully tricked out

Post by snoopdogg879 »

you couldn't total your car though

I mean they could have a damage system that damages your car but can't total your car and your car will get all smashed up. But what is the fun in that when you can't watch your can go up in flames or the bumpers fly off or anything. So ya cops+damage=no
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

having never played high stakes, i have no idea, BUT in my opinion cops+damage=no no.

I suppose that they could do like a hide&seek piece of crap where you have to EVADE the cops, not get chased at all if possible
oh snap
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Who said anything about totaling your car? High Stakes with damage on makes for some awesome pursuits, especially at higher heat levels.
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

E3 =D>
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Strafer wrote:E3 =D>
talk about quality posts...

anyway, this topic is almost dead, so why revive it?
oh snap
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

will they ever announce this game? they normally announce the next ones in march, but its now may, what are they doing? have they stopped making it? or are they going to announce it late because they've finally put a lot of work into it and it won't be released until next year? i hope so.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Lol, a mass spammer... Striker, you ain't got anything on this guy.
Lyverbe
Stock
Stock

Post by Lyverbe »

Fishwhiz wrote:will they ever announce this game? they normally announce the next ones in march, but its now may, what are they doing? have they stopped making it? or are they going to announce it late because they've finally put a lot of work into it and it won't be released until next year? i hope so.
They'll do like they always do: They will soon announce a VERY specific date while the game is only half done, and they won't be able to meet that deadline. As always, it'll make them look not worthy of our trust. You think they'd learn from the past, but they always keep doing it anyway #-o

As for the game, it's clear from this single thread that some people will complain and some people will be thrilled. EA cannot please everyone. They just can't.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

lol.

I just wanted to know (this is off-topic) what's so FUN about GT5? I mean, sure, it's realistic, but where's the stunning paint jobs, the ricy bodykits and spoilers? I mean, come on, it's gotta be more fun driving your own car...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:lol.

I just wanted to know (this is off-topic) what's so FUN about GT5? I mean, sure, it's realistic, but where's the stunning paint jobs, the ricy bodykits and spoilers? I mean, come on, it's gotta be more fun driving your own car...
@ striker... they deleted his posts, now my joke doesn't work

Anyway, about GT5, some people like closed circuit racing, and it feels like being a racecar driver. Some of the challenges are cool too, and it's good to play against friends.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

how do you think EA feels after you 2 just hijacked their new NFS title's thread talking about GT5... :roll:
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Striker94 wrote:I just wanted to know (this is off-topic) what's so FUN about GT5? I mean, sure, it's realistic, but where's the stunning paint jobs, the ricy bodykits and spoilers? I mean, come on, it's gotta be more fun driving your own car...
Wait... Why are you judging a game hasn't been released? It comes out in 2009… maybe 2010. When has GT ever aimed at the ricerboy market? When were they ever the opposition to NFS?…never. Polyphony Digital don't aim at people like you, obviously... so keep playing what YOU prefer, and shut up. :)

As for the new NFS title, they could follow a similar approach to GTA4, or even the Driver games. Both have very good damage systems, and police. I guess you’ll just need to be a more cautious driver if you don’t want to total your car in NFS.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

jacoja06 wrote:
Striker94 wrote:I just wanted to know (this is off-topic) what's so FUN about GT5? I mean, sure, it's realistic, but where's the stunning paint jobs, the ricy bodykits and spoilers? I mean, come on, it's gotta be more fun driving your own car...
Wait... Why are you judging a game hasn't been released? It comes out in 2009… maybe 2010. When has GT ever aimed at the ricerboy market? When were they ever the opposition to NFS?…never. Polyphony Digital don't aim at people like you, obviously... so keep playing what YOU prefer, and shut up. :)

As for the new NFS title, they could follow a similar approach to GTA4, or even the Driver games. Both have very good damage systems, and police. I guess you’ll just need to be a more cautious driver if you don’t want to total your car in NFS.
Ummm, I was actually refering to GT5 Prologue. And who said I'm a ricerboy? Not once in my life have I created a "ricer" car. I like to keep my cars simple. Yes, GT5 is more realistic, but for me it lacks that touch of personality.
oh snap
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

Striker94 wrote: Yes, GT5 is more realistic, but for me it lacks that touch of personality.
then sim racing isnt for you. [-X
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Striker94 wrote:Ummm, I was actually refering to GT5 Prologue. And who said I'm a ricerboy? Not once in my life have I created a "ricer" car. I like to keep my cars simple. Yes, GT5 is more realistic, but for me it lacks that touch of personality.
Ummm, If you are criticizing GT5:Prologue… then you shouldn’t be. Afterall, It’s just an early Demo of the full game.
Who said you were a ricerboy? I did. You criticized GT5:P’s ‘lack of fun’, purely because it doesn’t feature “Stunning paint jobs, ricey bodykits and spoilers”. Now you’ve decided that you prefer non-modified cars. What exactly are you looking for then?

Edit: btw, we have a thread on this... getting a bit offtopic :P :
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... &sk=t&sd=a
nome66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by nome66 »

baumaxx1 wrote:
"ProStreet had dropped the tuner culture and police evasion aspects of previous installments in favor of perfectly legit closed track racing.
Not really. It was more true to the tuner culture. Street racing isn't that huge, it's more about time attack days, drags etc. You don't get wild fully prepped rides in street racing. A lot of tuning is legit. And Prostreet was my fav NFS.
i agree. if you've seen FnF, you probably remember the "race wars" desert scene.
and there's NOPI tunervision on speed channel. i sold my copy of prostreet 'cuz i got boring after it got half way through(no cops). :lol:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I added this in the NFS E3 thread but I'll also add it here so more people would be aware of this:

NFS Undercover for iPhone!

There wasn't much news about the latest NFS title: Need for Speed Undercover, but at the EA press converence at the E3 in Los Angeles the game silently slipped in. The game hasn't been announced as you might expected, because NFS Undercover still can't be found in EA's E3 line-up. During EA's presentation of new games for the iPhone they noted the 3D-capabilities and announced among others Need for Speed Undercover for this innovative gaming platform "iPhone"!

Unfortunately there is no information at all, how the game will look like on the iPhone, not to mention when it will be release, but to bring the genre "racing" to the iPhone could be quite interesting..

Under the following link you can find an excerpt of the EA press conference at the E3. At minute 8:25 and 9:10 you should take a closer look. ;)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36353.html

Source: http://www.nfs-planet.de
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

crap... that means that they lower the standards for the consoles and pc's capable of making a better game than last time in terms of damage, graphics physics, so there goes ea sucking again.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Not necessarily. The console/pc and mobile editions of the game could be designed by different teams, kinda like Carbon and Most Wanted.
Lews
Stock
Stock

Post by Lews »

You can have damage and cops in the same game, just make it so that the damage only affects the cosmetics and downforce but not the mechanics.

If you collide and your bumpers, spoiler or hood falls off, hangs loose or gets bent you'll loose the top speed and grip generated by the different pieces but you'll still have the power and grip generated by your invulnerable engine, transmission, suspension and so on.

I think this would be a good solution, things will fall off and slightly change the cars' performance but you'll still be able to race without any bigger difficulties.

Return to “Undercover”