Good-bye USA, Canada, and Mexico

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Good-bye USA, Canada, and Mexico

Post by Carcrazy »

First off, I'm not talking about some doomsday crap or our soon-to-be depression. (And keep it clean, No flamming. Post you're opinion, don't bag on other's for theirs.)

Well, it does kinda go with the recession, but still...

Rumor has it, the North American governments (United States of America; Mexico; Canada,) have been, 'conversing,' in secret about a universal merge. (And we got upset about EA buying Take-Two) :lol:

This thread isn't meant to discuss the realness of the 'Amero,' or the 'North American Union,' since the Amero is already apparently real and in circulation. It's pointed more t'words peoples thoughts, and any news on the issue.

Apparently, Canada is almost totally against the idea, Americans don't seem to care, (probably because most don't think it will ever happen,) and I believe Mexico is favoring the idea, (can't imagine why...)

Googling this will reveal alot to anyone in the North American region who wishes to learn more...

---

Now this is just my 2 cents, (or should I say 2 Ameros,) :lol: but are crooked politics really trying to tear apart America now? I mean come on, if we wanted to stay like the EU, we wouldn't have rebelled. When I read this I can't help but think of all the years in History class, learning of how our Forefather's bravely stood up and (against all odds,) defeated one of the most powerful nations in the world at the time. These people are trying to make EVERYTHING we've done nothing but a waste. Hell, if this were to pass, the only thing of importance to anyone now would be how Columbus found the damn place, not about the American Revolution, the Lost Colony, or ANYTHING like that.

And people used to be worried about 5 dollar gas prices... :roll:

Remember, POST YOUR OPINION, DON'T DISS PEOPLE FOR OTHERS!
I don't feel like getting banned because of another's ignorance... :wink:
It'd also be nice if we could get Canadians and Mexicans in on the discussion, to help us see it from a broader spectrum.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Good-bye USA, Canada, and Mexico

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

What about Quebec? :lol:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Many eastern countries use the US Dollar... all I've read is that they think they'll switch to the Euro or Yen.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

UseD the US dollar, in general 3rd world countries now rather have Euros then USD, because the Dollar is not doing so well,

But then I think this topic is not about the strength of the US dollar now is it?

I really don't think it is going to happen (if I understand the first post right (it's 2 AM here so I'm not 100% awake anymore)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Most are against it, (actually, almost ALL are against it,) but still.... it's crooked politics.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

I would either be running around with a 30 aut or my trip to Japan would be alot sooner than planned
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I am fully awake now but still don't get it... what is it all about?
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

It sounds good to me. No more bi*ching and crying about immigrants from Mexico, everyone happy and the ones who aren't are tighta**, nationalistic pricks. As a Canadian (though lived in NY most of my life), It would be nice. I'd like to go back there which i'll probably end up doing when i'm 20 lol. Plus, America by itself isn't doing as great as people would think, so the combined economics could probably help. I heard the same thing about our forefathers, and how they stood up and everything, but I wasn't born then, and wasn't as directly effected by the problems that the forefathers stood up for. So I don't really care, I'm in the here and now, affected by what's happening today. Hell, since I don't have a job, I don't really care about the recession crap, and since I don't have a car, gas prices aren't a factor for me. The carefree life is great.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

You know, America would be doing great if we stuck with the values we had when we first came to this continent. Now though this idea seems like it'll ruin everything we fought for. Religious freedom, political freedom, and other freedoms.

This sorta seems reminds me of Code Geass a tad. How the whole of the western hemisphere became the "Brittanian Empire" or whatnot. Just seems similar to that. I know I'm against the idea. If the countries do merge I'm just going to move to the Czech Republic or Slovakia; maybe even Germany or Spain.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

is it me or is the world going to be like that in halo i mean this will be the start of it and who knows whatll happen after that
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

The only good things I can see in this are
a) No more illegal immigrants, obviously
b) Might limit racism (And maybe people can learn proper English) :P

...and it also may help the economy some, since Canada is probably going to end up having to bail our tails out this time. :lol:
TheStig wrote:I am fully awake now but still don't get it... what is it all about?
It's about how crooked politics want to completely demolish all three North American countries, and merge them into the 'North American Union,' much like Europe has done. There's problems here... Europe has many small countries, so a common currency is understandable. Plus, no western countries use the Euro, whereas western countries use the American Dollar... this list can go on, and on, and on, and on, and...
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Carcrazy wrote:(And maybe people can learn proper English) :P
I know, right? Those silly Americans and their aluminum. [-X
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Jopuma wrote:You know, America would be doing great if we stuck with the values we had when we first came to this continent. Now though this idea seems like it'll ruin everything we fought for. Religious freedom, political freedom, and other freedoms.
Oh yeah and don't forget the freedom to have slaves! ... :wink:
lol wut
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:
Carcrazy wrote:(And maybe people can learn proper English) :P
I know, right? Those silly Americans and their aluminum. [-X
I meant more along the lines of Latino citizens, or other immigrants.
RedCarDriver wrote:I'm not buying this.
Okay, did you not read the first post? Discuss it, don't just post 4 words to try and get your post count up. :wink:
Pabl0z wrote:
Jopuma wrote:You know, America would be doing great if we stuck with the values we had when we first came to this continent. Now though this idea seems like it'll ruin everything we fought for. Religious freedom, political freedom, and other freedoms.
Well, once again that can get into crooked politics. I'm not trying to say we weren't all at fault, but I believe everyone can come to agreement that if it wasn't once again for crooked politics, slavery would have ended much sooner.

Besides, if you wanted to get into the bad things about nations, we really would have an endless list, wouldn't we? :wink:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

To me it just looks like America wants to share their massive amount of debt with someone else.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Yeah, it does pretty much look like a quick fix to our representative's messes. :?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Carcrazy wrote:
Okay, did you not read the first post? Discuss it, don't just post 4 words to try and get your post count up. :wink:
I dunno. I think that may be the best post in this thread, so far. :P
boganbusman wrote:To me it just looks like America wants to share their massive amount of debt with someone else.
Or maybe this one, I can't tell. :-k
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Carcrazy wrote:
Sorry, but:
Carcrazy wrote:Remember, POST YOUR OPINION, DON'T DISS PEOPLE FOR OTHERS!
:wink:

OK, I should elaborate on what I said though (because I can tell that you're actually saying that because it was sort of a short, semi-spam-like post).

As far as I know, no "government merge" will happen (nor will one EVER be discussed as it is too outlandish an idea at the time), but they are talking about making something like the European Union soon, except calling it the North American Union. Basically, as far as I can see, people in the US who have suggested the idea think that America, as a whole, is a bit tired of not being let into the "awesomeness of the EU" (or something like that) and now wants to start their own so they can say that they are in something like that. (When you are kept out of a club, that you want to be in for some random / arbitrary reason, don't you want to get in by any means? And if you can't, wouldn't you start your own?)

And even then, it still sort of puts us into this mess:
Carcrazy wrote:Yeah, it does pretty much look like a quick fix to our representative's messes. :?
boganbusman wrote:To me it just looks like America wants to share their massive amount of debt with someone else.
Either way, this whole thing sounds like it can't be good. #-o
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Well, something major is going to end up happening in the next few years, no matter what it is or what we do...
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

People are trying to save the earth, it's gonna go either way, when it's done with it's Red Shift cycle, Blue Shift comes, and Earth sooner or later burns into the Sun lol. You know what'd be cool? if the sun became a Supergiant, then a Black Dwarf, making it a black hole lol...not really a "Black Hole", just a dead star with crazy gravitational force that'll pull anything to it lol
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Yeah great times when you could steal the land of the natives and convert them into christians, and even getting a medal while doing it... those where the days....
S2000_Skyline12 wrote:People are trying to save the earth, it's gonna go either way, when it's done with it's Red Shift cycle, Blue Shift comes, and Earth sooner or later burns into the Sun lol. You know what'd be cool? if the sun became a Supergiant, then a Black Dwarf, making it a black hole lol...not really a "Black Hole", just a dead star with crazy gravitational force that'll pull anything to it lol
Yeah very relevant mate, we are talking several years, not millions of years... :roll:
Carcrazy wrote: Plus, no western countries use the Euro, whereas western countries use the American Dollar... this list can go on, and on, and on, and on, and...
Mate there are more countries using the Euro then the Dollar, in case you didn't know most of western Europe uses the euro these days, there are only a few exeptions.
And trading in USD isn't a option eighter cause the USD is reaching rockbottom when it keeps on going like this.
If you think you can go to Europe and use USD to pay for you stuff like before (wich in the time that the USD was a strong currency was possible) you can forget it, almost no one will accept the Dollar anymore cause its worth sh*t
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Pabl0z wrote:
That's not freedom. Slavery was outlawed anyway.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:People are trying to save the earth, it's gonna go either way, when it's done with it's Red Shift cycle, Blue Shift comes, and Earth sooner or later burns into the Sun lol. You know what'd be cool? if the sun became a Supergiant, then a Black Dwarf, making it a black hole lol...not really a "Black Hole", just a dead star with crazy gravitational force that'll pull anything to it lol
Yeah very relevant mate, we are talking several years, not millions of years... :roll:
Ok, and? If you think about it, If I really cared about the reverence, you think I woulda made the post? Yeah, think about it.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

TheStig wrote:
Carcrazy wrote: Plus, no western countries use the Euro, whereas western countries use the American Dollar... this list can go on, and on, and on, and on, and...
Mate there are more countries using the Euro then the Dollar, in case you didn't know most of western Europe uses the euro these days, there are only a few exeptions.
And trading in USD isn't a option eighter cause the USD is reaching rockbottom when it keeps on going like this.
If you think you can go to Europe and use USD to pay for you stuff like before (which in the time that the USD was a strong currency was possible) you can forget it, almost no one will accept the Dollar anymore cause its worth sh*t
My point was that eastern countries still use the dollar, whereas no western countries use the Euro... forgive my typo and I'll forgive your's. :P

Return to “General Discussion”