CTC - Suggestions and Themes

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.

What challenge would you like to participate in first?

Prostreet- Pearlescent Paint
6%
Prostreet- 10 layers (Screenshots of vinyl + decal to verify)
9%
Prostreet- Bling Bling
3%
Prostreet- Two tone challenge... yep, two colours, three is acceptable too if the third is n outline
17%
Prostreet- Shapes only!
20%
Underground 2- Carbon Fiber (been done ages ago, but still a challenge)
No votes
Underground 2- 10* Car
20%
Underground 2- On a budget (lvl 1 only)
3%
Underground 2- Aftermarket Challenge (Aftermarket vinyl is main one)
6%
Underground 2- Clean Machine (Decals and one vinyl layer (non unique))
17%

Total votes: 35

baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

CTC - Suggestions and Themes

Post by baumaxx1 »

Well... sitting here, a little bored, I've had an idea. :P

So... To bring back the spark in the showroom... Have tuning challenges like the showroom challenge, only with any NFS title (except MW, because the tuning isn't that good in it), more restrictive/unusual requirements for it (I mean... drift challenge, well, anything with a few decals could pass for that really... maybe there could be a 5/10 layer challenge, or shape 23 challenge, whatever, or a specific car for a specific company, or like, a monster theme... up to you) to really be a challenge. It can be run within the forums I guess, may be able to associate it with SRW, whatever. Winner can pick the theme, or whatever...

Now, the running will be a bit harder... single image entries will probably be the easiest...maybe do a knockout duel format, or a poll in the forums (easiest to be anonymous... send the entry to the organizer... probably me, lol) and then they can just be posted. Any ideas appreciated.

Whatever, it's just a little idea, wondering what you guys think and can suggest?

Now, carbon... PS is so much better, and I sort of uninstaller it and realized I gave it away, lol.

edit:
who's up for a xfire group for this too?
Last edited by baumaxx1 on 19 Jun 2008, 13:49, edited 3 times in total.
350zkar
Stock
Stock

Re: Bringing back the competition!

Post by 350zkar »

Baunaxx has a good idea!! Tuner which won Showroom challange should be choose a new SRChallange :!: =D> good idea baumax :arrow: :!:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

350zkar wrote:Baumaxx has a good idea!! Tuner which won Showroom challange should be choose a new SRChallange :!: =D> good idea baumaxx :arrow: :!:
Umm... yeah, I guess he can choose the first idea, or we can have a poll for the first one, and then the winner will pick the next ones. This is independent of the main challenges.
ErikS883
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ErikS883 »

I don't really see what's new here except for U2 and PS going against each other. It sound's like just some new ideas for a new SRchallenge (the ideas are good though :wink:).
And U2 vs. PS isn't a fair contest for either of the games. U2 owns Ps when it's about bodyparts, but PS owns U2 when it's about vinyls, they are just too different imo.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

ErikS883 wrote:I don't really see what's new here except for U2 and PS going against each other. It sound's like just some new ideas for a new SRchallenge (the ideas are good though :wink:).
And U2 vs. PS isn't a fair contest for either of the games. U2 owns Ps when it's about bodyparts, but PS owns U2 when it's about vinyls, they are just too different imo.
Nah, the idea is to provide a tuning challenge for underground 2, and another SR challenge for Prostreet at times. The games can alternate, there can be different comps, and unique themes. I can start one end of this week if you like...
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Add on the end of 10* Car, 'that actually looks good'. Could be done with some patience, and simply because most 10 star cars look like rolling pukemobiles.

I could do with shapes. Decals allowed or not? Or maybe try and find a car that can top McW@y's works. now that is gonna be hard to do.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Racing M3 GTR wrote:Add on the end of 10* Car, 'that actually looks good'. Could be done with some patience, and simply because most 10 star cars look like rolling pukemobiles.

I could do with shapes. Decals allowed or not? Or maybe try and find a car that can top McW@y's works. now that is gonna be hard to do.
Yea i also liked the 10* car idea. Annoying when i have to make fugly ass 10* cars to get magazines -_-
350zkar
Stock
Stock

Post by 350zkar »

I choose a only shapes, and two tones. And will be decals allowed?
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

350zkar wrote:I choose a only shapes, and two tones. And will be decals allowed?
It really depends on the direction people want to take it... I guess it would be fine... just as log as you post pics proving you have only shape vinyls.
Add on the end of 10* Car, 'that actually looks good'. Could be done with some patience, and simply because most 10 star cars look like rolling pukemobiles.
Yep... you can enter a pukemobile, but it wont get far, lol. That actually seems fun and tricky. A bonus is that engine neons and audio and hidden stuff count. I'll work on the rules.
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Fantastic idea, I agree 100% with your idea, let's go for it :twisted:
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

Saw the poll, voted for one of the Ug2 challenges, and overall in the poll I prefer the ug2 challenges, but those of Pro Street sound great aswell, it's just the ug2 challenges are a lill better 4me IMO :P
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

yeah i voted for a underground 2 chalenge
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Cool, I think underground would be quite fun. :) Either way, a challenge is a challenge!
Nasko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Nasko »

Great idea mate and I'm 100% in U2 competitions :wink:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, I really want an underground one too. If PS wins this time, we'll do the best underground to mix it up, 10* challene :D
ozzy89
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ozzy89 »

great ideas :) i want all of that challenges :lol:
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

what ever one wins i will be in it 8)
Cipher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cipher »

I think I can win the 10* car challenege because I already have a great 10* car that doesnet look gay.
The clean challenge I will win too.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Cipher wrote:I think I can win the 10* car challenege because I already have a great 10* car that doesnet look gay.
Just don't be too confident, many surprises happen in these challenges, and you can never expect to win.
Cipher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cipher »

baumaxx1 wrote:
Cipher wrote:I think I can win the 10* car challenege because I already have a great 10* car that doesnet look gay.
Just don't be too confident, many surprises happen in these challenges, and you can never expect to win.
Wait till you see my 10* car its so good itll make you say OMG.
Last edited by Cipher on 12 Jun 2008, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

Feedback!

"I have already finished the One Car Work in NFS Pro Street with Car Shapes ONLY :arrow: CDT-BASED!!!" :o :D :wink:

PS: "I cannot join NFS UG2 Challenges bacause I have not installed this Game on my PC!" #-o #-o #-o

@BAUMAXX1!

"GOOD IDEA 2 ASK EVERYBODY 2 CHOOSE ANY CHALLENGE!" :wink:

PS: "I would join the NFS PS CDT (LIMIT: Shapes!) Challenge!" :D :D :D

MFG' LMS' MYF' TF' alias ARTNFS
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

i can do the underground 2 ones preferably clean JDM
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

@Cipher: Thanks for the spoiler... now unless someone else does an IS300 drifter, then it''s not anonymous :wink:. Nah, just delete the comment, it's ok, can't wait to see it.

@Transformer: You can give the Screen shot request a go. Or camera + TV, lol.

Testing the voting mechanism, lol
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 34&t=16307

Well, this will be sort of like a showroom challenge. I was thinking of running it with randomly selected groups, maybe 4 cars at a time, so you have quarter finals, semis, grand final, etc. You vote for 2 in a poll, and 2 advance. I can set the poll to run for an appropriate number of days. If we get a high number of competitors, just one group a day with updates in the SR. I hope the poll doesn't lead to cheating though, we don't want a comp that's just some fun to be plagued with foul play. Not sure if the results can be hidden, but you can set it to lock in any votes.

Well, got the ball rolling...

NOTE: A competition is no yet running!
Here is what I was thinking:
GENERAL RULES:
REGISTRATION :arrow: Image is to be hosted outside of nfsunlimited.net. Register by sending the direct link of the image, and the car's title to the CTC coordinator (me, lol) that began the challenge/thread. And no, don't try to outsmart him.
COMPEDITORS :arrow: It's an anonymous challenge, don't upload it into the showroom or give it away. However, when the competition is over, you're encouraged to upload it.
IMAGES :arrow: Any in-game view allowed, you may enter one image, but it may have multiple views on it... but no user names, or custom backgrounds. Images from TV or console aren't a problem.
e.g.
Demo image courtesy of a past Showroom challenge entry by Bobyx
:arrow: Don't try to cheat... it only spoils the fun.
:arrow: Have fun! :D
Nasko
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Nasko »

It'll great to be anonymous challenge :wink: cause in that way every one could post unlimited number of rides :wink: and the votes would be more fair :wink: :lol: already waiting for the theme of the challenge 8)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Dunno about unlimited rides, but how do people feel about being able to change their entry?

Return to “The Showroom”