NFS Undercover - All Cars - Savegave Editing

Discuss editing Need for Speed Undercover.
Be a part of the modding scene as it happens!
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Need For Speed Undercover mystery meshes

Post by arushan »

cparty wrote:Some kind of SaveEditor would probably be nice, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time when you can do the most useful changes with some easy hex-editing.
You're probably right... its pretty hard to get a save editor to create the customization slot... its much more easily done by getting the game to make it for you when you buy a car. However, for adding non-existing stock cars to your career/mycars garage... it could work pretty well, but that's probably not worth the development time.
Lexan
Stock
Stock

Post by Lexan »

Regards by all. My save it contains 12 cars in garage:
http://files.filefront.com/NFSUC+12newc ... einfo.html
Collectors Edition:
Dodge Challenger 2006, Bmw Z4, Koenigsegg CCX, Mercedes SL65, Porshe Cayman S
Cop Cars:
Ford Crown Victoria, Ford Mustang, Jeep, Porshe 911, Nissan Gt-R
Other Cars:
Ford Shelby GT Teringua Racing Team, Porshe GT2 VTA Bodykit

WORKING LOGO CODE, CAR CODE , MODEL HASH - thanks all authors in this topic =D>

By the way there are no codes to Subaru and Gallardo superleggera, there is only "model hash".
If it is interesting the codes to the traffic.

Code: Select all

CarCode
C68C 9C29 - SHELBY GT500_67
50E2 B9A5 - PORSHE 911 VTA
106A 9DD2 - BUS
FDE0 A016 - DUMP
9BC9 78A6 - SEMITRUCK 95
8DB8 E00E - TAXI
F3D1 7448 - JEEP
F447 4FA2 - PICKUP
0258 371F - JEEP(2)
654E 8DD8 - JEEP(3)
888A 61DF - MINIVAN
34C4 EA06 - STATION WAGON
9751 77AE - SEDAN
0206 7355 - VAN
0712 B0F9 - TRAILER 1
2D6E 4A9A - TRAILER 2
42F4 FEE0 - TRAILER 3
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

To all of you sharing savegames: your CD key is in the savegames in an unencrypted form. This means that anyone can steal your key. Be wary when sharing savegames.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

arushan wrote:
cparty wrote:Some kind of SaveEditor would probably be nice, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time when you can do the most useful changes with some easy hex-editing.
You're probably right... its pretty hard to get a save editor to create the customization slot... its much more easily done by getting the game to make it for you when you buy a car. However, for adding non-existing stock cars to your career/mycars garage... it could work pretty well, but that's probably not worth the development time.
Actually, all the customization slots are present, it's just a few bytes which get modified when buying a stock car, like the ID (first bytes), model code and some more. But theres some reference table after the 70 customization slots which has to be modified as well, so it's best to let the game do that, I agree with that.
The SaveEditor I had in mind was supposed to modify existing garage cars (carslot and cust.slot) - just those 3(4 counting the double model code) codes. But that could possibly lead to problems too, I didn't look into the customization slots that much, yet ;)
But the basic structure of the customization slots is present for all 70 slots :wink:

With such a tool, even hex-illiterate people could modify their saves as they wish :wink:
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Albtraum wrote:Actually, all the customization slots are present, it's just a few bytes which get modified when buying a stock car, like the ID (first bytes), model code and some more. But theres some reference table after the 70 customization slots which has to be modified as well, so it's best to let the game do that, I agree with that.
The SaveEditor I had in mind was supposed to modify existing garage cars (carslot and cust.slot) - just those 3(4 counting the double model code) codes. But that could possibly lead to problems too, I didn't look into the customization slots that much, yet ;)
But the basic structure of the customization slots is present for all 70 slots :wink:

With such a tool, even hex-illiterate people could modify their saves as they wish :wink:
Yeah, getting a stock car added is no problem at all.. tried it with this little bugger, and it mostly worked:

(The "+" button duplicates cars, and the "-" one deletes cars)

Didn't even have to initialize any of the Customization slots other than for the model code. The stuff after the customization slots (I think you mean the Customization2 slots -- which is really supposed to be called "CarPart" slots because thats what they are =p)... I left uninitialized, and I set the FirstCarPartSlotIndex to -1. I get a nice pitch black car if I duplicate from the stock... if I duplicate from a bonus/preset car... and leave the preset value intact, I get a car in the color of the preset I think. However, everything else is blank.... no vinyls/parts/performance/etc because of the "uninitialized" Customization/CarPart slots.

Only good thing that could come out of this is the ability to duplicate and add stock/non-player available cars to your garage... but you can't get those special cars with the funky vinyls.. you'd have to use in-game memory magic for that :(. Not sure if this little ability warrants sufficient demand to finish up the program and release it.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I think that until you guys publish some sort of guide, this program will keep people happy. Otherwise, since we'll have to hex edit to get the special vinyls anyways, it'll be somewhat pointless. However, I think there'll be more people who'd want simply the cars rather than the special vinyls.
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

2 arushan
Sorry, I'm not that good at english, so can you answer me, is this programm is going to add any car to career garage, and it will have all tuning as it supposed to have ???
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

Arushan wrote:Didn't even have to initialize any of the Customization slots other than for the model code. The stuff after the customization slots (I think you mean the Customization2 slots -- which is really supposed to be called "CarPart" slots because thats what they are =p)... I left uninitialized, and I set the FirstCarPartSlotIndex to -1. I get a nice pitch black car if I duplicate from the stock... if I duplicate from a bonus/preset car... and leave the preset value intact, I get a car in the color of the preset I think. However, everything else is blank.... no vinyls/parts/performance/etc because of the "uninitialized" Customization/CarPart slots.
I wasn't into hexediting MW and Carbon (just removing stock vinyls there), so I have no clue about Customization2 /CarPart slots. But I guess thats the thing after the table I mentioned? ;)
330*28bytes carslots
70*2700bytes customization slot
70*64bytes reference table of some sort (starting with xxAA03, xx being subsequent numbers, or FFAAAA if associated Customslot is free)
and then the CarParts, 12byte each? (then there are 9500 of them)

Thats similar to ProStreet, except for different carslot/cust.slot sizes, but I did found that when you manually add a carslot with customslot, and don't 'activate'/leave a reference in that 64byte table, that the next car(s) bought ingame would share customization/careerslot with the one(s) that were added manually?
Didn't try that in Undercover yet, but thats why I thought modifying existing garage cars would be a lot easier.

@UniqueVinyls
Should be not that big deal to extract the unique vinyl/texture/skin/whatever codes from garage once bought.
They're at byte 1944 in each Bluepr.. err, Customization Slot (at the end of vinyl section which starts at byte 1208)
Also, a nice but not necessary feature would be to export/import customization settings, especially vinyls - to share them with others or so ;)
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

vZv wrote:2 arushan
Sorry, I'm not that good at english, so can you answer me, is this programm is going to add any car to career garage, and it will have all tuning as it supposed to have ???
No... no tuning.
Albtraum wrote:330*28bytes carslots
70*2700bytes customization slot
70*64bytes reference table of some sort (starting with xxAA03, xx being subsequent numbers, or FFAAAA if associated Customslot is free)
and then the CarParts, 12byte each? (then there are 9500 of them)
70*64 bytes are the career slots, and yep.. the rest is correct :).
For the Career slot, the first byte is a ID and if thats -1, that means it hasn't been allocated...
Albtraum wrote:Thats similar to ProStreet, except for different carslot/cust.slot sizes, but I did found that when you manually add a carslot with customslot, and don't 'activate'/leave a reference in that 64byte table, that the next car(s) bought ingame would share customization/careerslot with the one(s) that were added manually?
Didn't try that in Undercover yet, but thats why I thought modifying existing garage cars would be a lot easier.
Well, the customization and career slots should be allocated independently. The carslot has an index to a customization slot and an index to a career slot. For "Career", I allocate both, for "My Cars", I only allocate a customization slot. They shouldn't share customization info... hmm that could be a problem if the game does that.
Albtraum wrote:Also, a nice but not necessary feature would be to export/import customization settings, especially vinyls - to share them with others or so ;)
Wayyyy ahead of you on that one ;). Stop spilling all my secretive ideas :)
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

arushan wrote:For the Career slot, the first byte is a ID and if thats -1, that means it hasn't been allocated...
Well, the customization and career slots should be allocated independently. The carslot has an index to a customization slot and an index to a career slot. For "Career", I allocate both, for "My Cars", I only allocate a customization slot. They shouldn't share customization info... hmm that could be a problem if the game does that.
Oh, well... maybe I just forgot to allocate that customslot, damn :lol: nevermind, then.
Sure, mycars aren't associated with career slots - so there really should be nothing to worry about ;)
Learned something again :D
arushan wrote:
Albtraum wrote:Also, a nice but not necessary feature would be to export/import customization settings, especially vinyls - to share them with others or so ;)
Wayyyy ahead of you on that one ;). Stop spilling all my secretive ideas :)
Hmmk, PM then? :D But I guess you already had the same ideas I had last year for a ProStreet Editor ;)
My 'programming skills' were a bit rusted... hadn't programmed for a long time, so I couldn't finish it with all the features I wanted. I think you make a better job this time (did already) =D>
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

There has been released official code to unlock Shelby Terlingua Mustang... but it's only awailable for a quick race... Well all my hope to get it goes to you m8's (Albtraum, Arushan)...
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

vZv wrote:2 cparty
If this is "that" easy, then can you describe editing process, in details please I'm a noob of HEX, to get CE car's, Terlingua mustang and Subaru, please :D
How 'noob of Hex' are you exactly?
Well the simplest way to get them would be to search and destroy...errr replace existing car codes.
note: Subaru won't work (damn):
Lexan wrote:By the way, there are no codes to Subaru and Gallardo superleggera, there is only "model hash".
means you can only see them in menu, but not on street.

oh, before i forget: always backup your savefile(s) before editing
drive safe and responsible, lol - that just sounds like the intro disclaimer :lol:
but if something goes wrong - you're on the safe side ;)

Well then... load up your favorite memory- or hexeditor software, open your savefile/game process,
and hex-search for these codes: (don't include the spaces)

Code: Select all

slotnumb|logocode|car.code|pretuned|loc|car
AE000000 38AF78B9 BBF27BF4 00000000 01 Dodge Challenger Concept
A5000000 BB7345FC E098DE46 00000000 01 BMW Z4M
D3000000 A1F94771 59E613C5 00000000 01 Mercedes SL65 AMG
CE000000 EB5B5541 A17BD75B 00000000 01 Porsche Cayman S
B6000000 A6DCC132 EEE1CFA0 00000000 01 Koenigsegg CCX
D9000000 978FA5C4 B4C32979 00000000 01 Terlingua Mustang (blank)
978FA5C4 978FA5C4 B4C32979 978FA5C4 10 Terlingua Mustang (nfs-style)
note: including slotnumber isn't really necessary, searching for logo and carcode with some zeroes added will get you to the right place ;) eg: 38AF78B9 BBF27BF4 00 00 will do for Challenger

1) just replace the logocode with that of a car you can already buy (not locked) and buy it. eg:FC2B6FA8 for 240SX
when bought, change logocode to what it was before.

2) search for the replaced code again, only with 02 as last byte (loc) (or just scroll down)
eg: FC2B6FA8 BBF27BF4 00000000 02 is the Challenger, bought as a 240SX

3) change the logocode to Challenger again, and there you go.
repeat for all the cars you want (or do it for all of them at once)

see Arushans list for more codes: http://www.nfsnation.com/Pages/Modding/CarCodes

note: this is easier done in memory, as you don't have to save/fix checksum between each step when editing savegame. you just tab in and out of the game.
note on the pretuned Terlingua Mustang: this doesn't normally appear in garage - either change loc to 11 or just add the pretune-code to the blank one, if you want that nfs-stripes on it (note again: if pretuned, you cannot modify vinyls without further hexing)
eg: FC2B6FA8 B4C32979 978FA5C4 01 is the blank Terlingua, waiting to get bought as a 240SX.
when bought, pretune code always gets zeroed out.

hope this was understandable, as its just a very quick walk through ;)

PS: lol, anyone noticed that the Terlingua has its logocode as preset/pretune code? :lol:
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Great work on the savegame research everyone. Does anyone know if there's a Carcode for the police heli (COP_HEL_FED_01)?
thx
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

I think I've seen it as i was going through some codes initially (before arushan posted his lists)... wait...
try EBE25493 - but that only displayed in menu and crashed when I wanted to 'drive' it :roll:
the game crashed, not the heli :lol:

guess it isn't a P(layer)Vehicle and therefore not on Arushans PVehicle (carcode) dump.

edit: what about a body swap with some unused car like the Buick GNX or something?
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

2 Albtraum
Thanks for a walkthrough but can Artmoney 7.29 SE make this editing ??? 'Cos it cant find "FC2B6FA8", it give completely different results, can you tell me wich programm you using ??

P.S. It would be nice if someone just made save editor for adding car's [-o< , that lot of numbers/letters are making me crazy :( ...
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Bytesss wrote:Great work on the savegame research everyone. Does anyone know if there's a Carcode for the police heli (COP_HEL_FED_01)?
thx
Oh yeah.. I forgot the codes for the cop cars in my list. Sorry...

Open up MW's vltedit and type in "hash cop_hel_fed_01" and it'll give you the carcode as a INT32 number (little endian, swap the bytes for what they would like in byte order)
Albtraum wrote:oh, before i forget: always backup your savefile(s) before editing
drive safe and responsible, lol - that just sounds like the intro disclaimer :lol:
but if something goes wrong - you're on the safe side ;)
He speaks the truth :).

--

I've put up a BETA version of Undercover Save Editor over here. Its BETA and I can't stress that enough... I haven't had enough time to test it throughly and I'm hoping you guys can help me with that :). If you have problems/issues/etc ask here, or use the support thread at the NFSNation forums. Oh, and don't forget to make backups of your saves!
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

Wow !! =D> It works great, no crashes, tuning on cars works, I already added Z4M, Cayman, Terlingua =D> =D> =D> . Thank you Arushan =D> !!!
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Albtraum wrote:I think I've seen it as i was going through some codes initially (before arushan posted his lists)... wait...
try EBE25493 - but that only displayed in menu and crashed when I wanted to 'drive' it :roll:
the game crashed, not the heli :lol:

guess it isn't a P(layer)Vehicle and therefore not on Arushans PVehicle (carcode) dump.

edit: what about a body swap with some unused car like the Buick GNX or something?
Checked it out and the Heli's not driveable with code swapping (like you said). Using the body swap method you can drive (kinda fly) it with some camera adjustments. Here's a short clip:

ftp://64.89.144.81/public/upload/UC/heli01.zip

BTW, I can swap Carcodes and then bodies with the Buick GNX or Chrysler 300 to get the heli (or other cars) but then there's no upgrades available.
arushan wrote: I've put up a BETA version of Undercover Save Editor over here. Its BETA and I can't stress that enough... I haven't had enough time to test it throughly and I'm hoping you guys can help me with that :). If you have problems/issues/etc ask here, or use the support thread at the NFSNation forums. Oh, and don't forget to make backups of your saves!
Great work Arushan, with more tools and through modding and patching (EA) I think this game will become more enjoyable and gain in popularity.
Last edited by Bytesss on 02 Dec 2008, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
Southwind
Stock
Stock

Post by Southwind »

Great work, Arushan!
It works perfect!
Keep up the good work :D
RDS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RDS »

Perfect work man ...
i lov it ...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: NFS Undercover - All Cars - Savegave Editing

Post by prince1142003 »

The only problem I can identify with the program is that it crashes if My Documents\NFS Undercover folder doesn't exist. A nice exit with a warning would be preferred, and shouldn't be too hard to do.
dalamar23666
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dalamar23666 »

Arushan,

Thanks for the tool I have been playing with it for a few hours. I am not sure if it is the way I am doing it but right now i can only take stock cars and get them to show up in career once I duplicate them. I tried some of the other cars and the game crashed. It could be because my version isn't from the store.

One thing I have noticed and was wondering if someone could help me with. I had the bright idea to add the cars to my garage and then sell them to make money. That does not work. When you highlight a car entered in using the tool the option changes to delete instead of sell. Was this something by EA knowing that hacking the hex would be done???
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I think you can only sell cars that are purchased. The cars you added are probably recognized by the game as 'Pink-Slip' cars and hence cannot be sold for money.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I've been watching this for a few days now and although the comments are all positive and the features sound great, I will wait until the program is out of beta stages. Then I'll use it. :)

Still, nice job, Aru.

Of course, I'll have to wait until EA releases a patch for Undercover too... <<
agentwilbur
Ricer
Ricer

NFS Undercover - All Cars - Savegame

Post by agentwilbur »

Awrite guys i know its too soon but i made this savegame without the car codes just hex edited all the hidden Pre-tuned and bonus cars to appear in the car shop ie i added 110 pre-tuned cars + 46 bonus cars in car shop..... Just like what cparty did back in NFS-Pro street

Enjoy!!!

Download my save file
named it Ryan Cooper... LOL
Attachments
NFS_UC_ALL CARS_SAVE.zip
Need For Speed Undercover All cars Savegame
(159.03 KiB) Downloaded 12171 times

Return to “Editing”